On this page:
- Definition of the adjective accurate
- Definition of the noun accurate
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for accurate
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for accurate
- Photos about accurate
- Video language resources about accurate
- Quotes about accurate
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3U1R1A1T1E1
- Anagrams of ACCURATE
- Share this page
Accurate is sometimes a misspelling of accrued.
The word accurate and its family (accuracy, accurately, inaccuracy, inaccuracies, inaccurate) are included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective accurate
What does accurate mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more accurate / most accurate
- conforming exactly or almost exactly to fact or to a standard or performing with total accuracy
- examples: an accurate reproduction | the accounting was accurate | accurate measurements | an accurate scale
- antonym: inaccurate
- similar: close / faithful; dead-on; hi-fi / high-fidelity; surgical; straight; dead on target / true; right / veracious
- attribute: accuracy / truth = the quality of being near to the true value
- see also: correct / right; exact; precise
- (of ideas, images, representations, expressions) characterized by perfect conformity to fact or truth; strictly correct
Alternative definition of the adjective accurate
- In exact or careful conformity to truth, or to some standard of requirement, the result of care or pains; free from failure, error, or defect; exact; as, an accurate calculator; an accurate measure; accurate expression, knowledge, etc.
- [obsolete] Precisely fixed; executed with care; careful.
- synonym: exact
Definition of the noun accurate
What does accurate mean as a name of something?
Specialised definition of the noun accurate
Glossary of sports
correct (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
on target (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
ACCURATE was established in 2005 by a group of computer scientists, psychologists and policy experts to address problems with electronic voting. The NSF-funded organization seeks to provide fundamental research and reference materials about electronic voting for use by policy makers, vendors, the elections community and the general public.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for accurate
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
As Amended by Act No. XVIII of 1872 ... by India, Tarapada Banerji
The word accurate means accuracy of the drawing and correctness of the measurement. It certainly does not refer to laying boundaries according to the rights of parties — Omirta Lai Chowdhury v. Kali Pertaud Saha, 25 W. R. 179. (6).
Take Command of Your Writing (1998)
by Jill Meryl Levy
Being accurate also means being specific. Vague references do not give readers much information. Vague: The patient had a high fever. Specific: The patient was running a fever of 103 ̊F. Vague: Specific: The victim was hit by a tan truck ...
Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge : Illustrated with Upwards of 150 Elegant Engravings. A - B. 1 by William Nicholson
Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge : Illustrated with Upwards of 150 Elegant Engravings. A - B. 1 William Nicholson. -BRITISH ENCYCLOPEDIA, OR DICTIONARY OF ARTS AND ...
Containing a Much Larger Collection of Modern Words Than Any Book of the Kind and Price Extant: ... By A. Fisher, ...
nice, accurate, methodical Exaction, n. extortion, severe tribute ...
by John Houston Merrill, Thomas Johnson Michie, Charles Frederic Williams, David Shephard Garland
An accurate report of a portion of a judicial proceeding will still be privileged, if it does not purport to be a report of the whole. Thus, where a trial lasts more than one day, reports published in the newspapers each morning are protected.1 ...
A Thesaurus Dictionary of the English Language Designed to Suggest Immediately Any Desired Word Needed to Express Exactly a Given Idea (1906)
A Dictionary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Foreign Phrases, Pronunciations, a Copious Correlation of Words by Francis Andrew March
Fitted or adjusted exactly true; accurate.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for accurate
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about accurate
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Accurate Thigh Garters
Simple but effective
Photo credit: walofdeath
- This color is accurate
Photo credit: jauricchio
- Avi at ACCURATE meeting
Photo credit: joebeone
- David Wagner at ACCURATE meeting
Photo credit: joebeone
- Audience shot at ACCURATE meeting
David Dill, Eric Lazarus, CA SoS Debra Bowen, Peter Neumann, Nance (Asst. SoS in Ohio)
Photo credit: joebeone
- Tony Cragg - Accurate Figure 2011 detail
Photo credit: ahisgett
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about accurate
Click on an item to play that video:
- IELTS Writing Task 1: Vocabulary for Accurate Data
Learn the best vocabulary to describe numbers and percentages accurately in your IELTS writing task 1 academic paper. One of the most common mistakes in ...
- Accurate Meaning
Video shows what accurate means. In exact or careful conformity to truth; the result of care or pains; free from failure, error, or defect; exact; as, an accurate ...
- LEG005 Accurate Definition of Legalism
July 19, 2015 Stan Choate.
- ACCURATE & COMPLETE explanation of the RAPTURE answers All Questions SIMPLE to UNDERSTAND
Revelation 14:14-20 Matthew 13:37.
- An Accurate Explanation And Overview Of Australian MCs (2010)
Download the free "Outlaw Bikers" app on IOS and android mobile devices...
- Video Vocabulary - "accurate" definition
Video vocabulary created by 3rd grade students at Seisen International School.
- Plane Thinking - Terminology of Accurate Preparation
- Reputation Marketing Wikipedia Definition Is Pretty Accurate
Search engine optimization (SEO) Reputation Marketing Wikipedia Definition Is Pretty Accurate.
- Binary Options accurate explanation for Beginners 2014
- Test Professors Sitcom Vocabulary Lesson 7: Accurate
Scene1: Leonard tries to invite Penny to a Superman movie marathon. Scene2: Sheldon knocks on Penny's door early in the morning. Scene3: Amy visits Penny ...
- Best Explanation of the WHOLE Bank-War, OIL, Enviro mess: Accurate, Brief, MUST-KNOW info
- ACCURATE - Word of the Day -Learn English Vocabulary
- America 1 pg 1: being the latest and most accurate description of the new world
Chap 1 pg 1.
- Accurate description of the empire
- How to pray 5/5 (detail accurate description)
How do Muslim pray 5/5.
- Peter Blaise - Accurate Description
- How to pray 1/5 (detail accurate description)
How do Muslim pray 1/5.
- How to pray 2/5 (detail accurate description)
How do Muslim pray 2/5.
- How to pray 4/5 (detail accurate description)
How do Muslim pray 3/5.
- Tomorrow land's pretty accurate description of real life
- Medical Student Song Accurate Description
- How to pray 3/5 (detail accurate description)
How do Muslim pray 3/5.
- Orbiting an accurate description for doubles hammock
Doubles hammock with Viktor Franyo with special guest appearance from Uys Du Buisson.
- Woman gives accurate description of hail storm!! KAPOOOYA!! (ORIGINAL)
- An Accurate Description Of Babs Seed
"She looks like Applebloom if she was left out in the sun" "That's not a face thats gonna sell many toys" From Friendship Is Witchcraft Episode 9 Watch the ...
- George Galloway's accurate description of Nick Griffin....
a zombie! The one eyed far right politician is described as a zombie by the far left bearded, Cuban Cigar smoking politician. (Note: He claims to no longer smoke ...
- An Accurate Description of Romeo and Juliet
Made for Ms. Sherry's 2nd period class.
- Accurate description of Stoke City
- Clinton's accurate description of Republican National Conve
LOL Clinton's accurate description of Republican National Convention.
- The accurate description of the Detroit Lions 2008-2009 season
See also the pronunciation examples of accurate!
Quotes about accurate
Scrabble value of A1C3C3U1R1A1T1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACCURATE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of accurate!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of accurate to see it in context!