On this page:
- Definition of the adjective accusative
- Definition of the noun accusative
- Phrases with accusative
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for accusative
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for accusative
- Video language resources about accusative
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3U1S1A1T1I1V4E1
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective accusative
What does accusative mean as an attribute of a noun?
- containing or expressing accusation
- serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes
Alternative definition of the adjective accusative
- Producing accusations; accusatory; accusatorial; a manner that reflects a finding of fault or blame
- [grammar] Applied to the case (as the fourth case of Latin and Greek nouns) which expresses the immediate object on which the action or influence of a transitive verb has its limited influence. Other parts of speech, including secondary or predicate direct objects, will also influence a sentence’s construction. In German the case used for direct objects.
Definition of the noun accusative
What does accusative mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: accusatives
- the case of nouns serving as the direct object of a verb
Alternative definition of the noun accusative
- [grammar] The accusative case.
Phrases with accusative
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for accusative
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Dieter Wunderlich
Japanese shows accusative, dative and nominative postpositions with nouns, but no agreement morphemes on the verb. Chinese, an 'isolating' language, represents the positional type SVO without agreement and case (except some ...
by David Crystal
accusative (adj/n.) ( acc, ACC) In languages which express GRAMMATICAL relationships by means of ...
A Dictionary of Tocharian B. (2013)
Revised and Greatly Enlarged. by Douglas Q. Adams
In the case of nouns attested forms are given in the order: nominative singular, genitive singular, accusative singular, nominative dual, genitive dual, accusative dual, nominative plural, genitive plural, accusative plural. The numbers, singular ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for accusative
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about accusative
Click on an item to play that video:
- Accusative Meaning
Video shows what accusative means. Producing accusations; accusatory; accusatorial; in a manner that reflects a finding of fault or blame. Applied to the case ...
- Practice determining if a noun is nominative or accusative -...
Practice with determining if a noun is nominative or accusative case in German.
View more videos about Accusative case.
Scrabble value of A1C3C3U1S1A1T1I1V4E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of accusative to see it in context!