Achy Breaky Heart
On this page:
- "Achy Breaky Heart" is a country music song written by Don Von Tress. Originally titled "Don't Tell My Heart" and performed by The Marcy Brothers in 1991, its name was later changed to "Achy Breaky Heart" and performed by Billy Ray Cyrus on his 1992 album Some Gave All. As Cyrus' debut single and signature song, it made him famous and has been his most successful song. It became the first single ever to achieve triple Platinum status in Australia and the 1992's best selling single in the same country. In the United States it became a crossover hit on pop and country radio, peaking at number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and topping the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, becoming the first Country single to be certified Platinum since Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's "Islands in the Stream" in 1983. The single topped in several countries and after being featured on Top of the Pops in the United Kingdom, peaked at number 3 on the UK Singles Chart. It remains Cyrus's biggest hit single in the USA to date, and his only one to reach the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
- also known as Don't Tell My Heart
- music by Don Von Tress
- some of the awards:
- "Achy Breaky Heart" is a 1992 single by Billy Ray Cyrus.
- released on (22 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- "Achy Breaky Heart" is a 2001 compilation album by Billy Ray Cyrus.
- "Achy Breaky Heart" is a 1992 single album by The Chipmunks.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "Achy Breaky Heart" is a musical album of Boxcar Willie.
- released on (19 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Achy Breaky Heart
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
“Achy Breaky Heart.” By year's end the single went platinum, while ...
by Stanley Newman, Daniel Stark
hurting, painful 9 throbbing achy-breaky: 5 dance Achy Breaky Heart singer: 5 Cyrus acid: 3 HCl 4 sour, tart 5 folic, harsh, sharp, spiky 6 acetic, biting, bitter, formic, lemony, oxalic 7 acerbic, caustic, cutting, mordant, nucleic, prussic, pungent, ...
by Claude Summers
They dress in bolos and pointytoed boots and learn the Texas twostep and line dances with names like "Achy Breaky Heart" and "BootScootin' Boogie." On these dance floors those who grew up listening to the Grand Ole Opry (country music's ...
by Diana Grenfell, Michael Shadrack
'Achy Breaky Heart'. Description: An upright mound 14 in. wide × 12 in . high ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Achy Breaky Heart
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Achy Breaky Heart
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Achy Breaky Heart
Achy Breaky Heart - Countrykoor Language of the Heart
2015.10.10-4de CPN The River Everidngen...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Achy Breaky Heart to see it in context!