On this page:
- Definition of the noun acoustics
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acoustics
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acoustics
- Photos about Acoustics
- Video language resources about Acoustics
- Quotes about Acoustics
- Scrabble value of A1C3O1U1S1T1I1C3S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun acoustics
What does acoustics mean as a name of something?
- the study of the physical properties of sound
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- more generic terms: physical science / physics = the physical properties, phenomena, and laws of something
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun acoustics
- The physical quality of a space for performing music.
- [physics] The science of sounds, teaching their nature, phenomena and laws.
- "Acoustics" is an acoustic EP from Minus the Bear. It was released on October 7, 2008, through Tigre Blanco Records. It contains an unreleased track, "Guns & Ammo," and acoustic versions of six tracks previously released in electric versions on Highly Refined Pirates, Menos el Oso, and Planet of Ice.
- genre: Indie rock
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Acoustics" EP is an acoustic live EP by the band Hella.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Acoustics" is an album by American guitarist Tony Rice, released originally on November 30, 1978. Album was recorded soon after Rice left David Grisman Quintet to pursue his own music. On Acoustics album, he merges different genres like jazz, bluegrass and folk, which would become later on known as "new acoustic music".
- "Acoustics" is an album released by Floater in August 2004. Refusing to settle for covering their electric songs, the band brings new tales that are accompanied not only by the guitars and percussion Floater is known for, but also strings, piano, and other facets that are in keeping with this band's unique style. Peter Cornett does vocals on his second Floater song, Invisible, featuring Dave Amador on trumpet.
- genre: Rock music
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Acoustics" is an Extended Play by Phoenix, Arizona Pop Rock group This Century. It was released on January 21, 2012 and includes 4 acoustic tracks from their previous full-length album Sound of Fire as well as a new song entitled "Indigo Girl".
- genre: Pop rock
- released on
- "Acoustics" is a musical EP of Knuckle Puck.
- released on
- "Acoustics" is a musical album of Cody R Burns.
- "Acoustics" is a musical EP of Lydia.
- "Acoustics" is a musical album of Martin Tallstrom.
- "Acoustics" is a book by Leo Beranek.
- "Acoustics" is a book by George Walter Stewart.
- also known as "Acoustics; a text on theory and applications"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acoustics
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William M. Hartmann
Musical acoustics is a scientific discipline that attempts to put the entire range of human musical activity under the microscope...
Physics, Physics by CTI Reviews
Acoustics is the interdisciplinary science that deals with the study of all mechanical waves in gases, liquids, and solids...
by CTI Reviews
Motion Volume Chemical potential Acoustics Acoustics is the interdisciplinary science that deals with the study of all mechanical...
Materials and Engineering Mechanics by Myer Kutz
READING 951 1 INTRODUCTION Acoustics is the term used to describe the science of sound. It is derived from the Greek word akoustos, which means “ hearing.” Acoustics is a very broad field of science that covers the generation, reduction ...
Earth sciences, Geology by CTI Reviews
CHAPTER HIGHLIGHTS: KEY TERMS, PEOPLE, PLACES, CONCEPTS Acoustics: Acoustics is the interdisciplinary science that...
Physics, Physics by CTI Reviews
Acoustics is the interdisciplinary science that deals with the study o1 mechanical waves in gases, liquids, and solids including...
Applied Physics (2016)
Physics, Physics by CTI Reviews
Atomic mass Fluid Fluid dynamics Acoustics Acoustics is the interdisciplinary science that deals with the study of all mechanical...
Fundamentals of Acoustics, Modelling, Simulation, Algorithms and Acoustic Virtual Reality by Michael Vorländer
Building acoustics is the discipline of sound and vibration transmission in buildings. Unlike room acoustics, structural acoustics plays an important role in sound insulation. The models used are general models of structureborne sound.
by Stephen Diller, Janelle Diller
Acoustics is the science of sound - its spread, transmission, and effects. It's important for a contractor to understand acoustics because we live in such a noisy world. One objective of construction design is to control that noise, whether it's ...
Harvard Dictionary of Music (1969)
by Willi Apel
ACOUSTICS ADDED SIXTH always be a node at the closed end [see Wind instruments III; Organ IX]. VI. Interference. This is the technical term (not a very apt one) for the numerous phenomena resulting from the superposition of two or more ...
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
acoustics acoustooptic interaction Acoustics « Acoustics is the science of sound. The stem acoust- is related to Greek words pertaining to hearing, and the suffix - ics is an anglicized version of Greek and Latin suffixes implying "in the manner of.
The First Dictionary For The Internet Age by Anne H. Soukhanov
ACCT Accounting COINS Coins and coin GARDENING Gardening ACOUSTICS Acoustics collecting GENETICS Genetics AEROSP Aerospace COLLECTING Collecting GEOG Geography AGRIC Agriculture COLORS Colors GEOL Geology ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acoustics
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acoustics
Click on an item to view that photo:
John A. and Sam,
Eglise Saint Nicholas
Photo credit: jeremySO
Photo credit: aa2278
A U-shaped opening in rock offers some unique acoustics, and it's amazing how much music one man can make. Yes, he's playing two instruments at once.
Photo credit: Dvortygirl
Tommy Emmanuel and Frank Vignola trio
Photo credit: Zanastardust
At the back: (L) Faith Saturn 6-string; (R) Seagull S12 12-string
In front: Yamaha GL-1 Guitalele
Photo credit: tawalker
Photo credit: DeeAshley
- Underwater acoustics section
Photo credit: Patrik Axelsson
- Ebley ... great acoustics!
Photo credit: bazzadarambler
- Testing Acoustics
Exceptional acoustics allows unamplified voice to reach every seat
Photo credit: Sharon Mollerus
- Dynaudio Acoustics
New pair of BM15Ps in the house!
Photo credit: CJ Sorg
- Acoustics Lab
The seventh floor of the New Academic Building contains the Acoustics and Audio laboratory, used in classes including Musical Instrument Design and Sound In Space. This lab includes New York's only complete anechoic chamber (not pictured).
Photo credit: JohnRH4
- Elephant acoustics
A Gabonese graduate student, Ghislaine, is working with the Elephant Listening Project of Cornell University to record elephant vocalizations and to detect and respond to gunshots in the forest. Credit: Michelle Gadd/USFWS
Photo credit: USFWS Headquarters
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Acoustics
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sound Made Simple - Acoustics - Definition
Sound Made Simple | Available in 3 formats: CD-ROM, DVD, & iPod/iPhone apps...
- Acoustics Meaning
Video shows what acoustics means. The physical quality of a space for performing music.. The science of sounds, teaching their nature, phenomena and laws..
- Simplified Acoustics SIM Panel Layout Explanation
Simplified Acoustics SIM Pnal Layout Explanation.
- Dr. Slaton's Acoustics Research Explanation
Make an animated explainer video for free at...
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from a Superhero/villain - Propagate, Acoustics, Fusion
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Sound insulation and room acoustics consultancy services
- 3 of 5 Terminology Basic Acoustics mp4
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = acoustics
- 'Language' by Mute Swimmer - Constance Acoustics
Mute Swimmer live in Constance 29/05/2012 Checkout his bandcamp page...
- Download Acoustics in Hearing, Speech and Language Sciences PDF
View more videos about Quantum acoustics.
See also the pronunciation examples of Acoustics!
Quotes about Acoustics
I prefer to sing in the shower 'cause the acoustics are really, really good, I mean, when you're singing against the tile walls then you really hear yourself, hear your voice, you know, throwing itself back at you. (Thia Megia)
more quotes about acoustics...
Scrabble value of A1C3O1U1S1T1I1C3S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acoustics to see it in context!