On this page:
- Definition of the adjective acquainted
- Definition of the verb acquainted
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acquainted
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acquainted
- Photos about acquainted
- Video language resources about acquainted
- Quotes about acquainted
- Scrabble value of A1C3Q10U1A1I1N1T1E1D2
- Share this page
Acquainted is sometimes a misspelling of acquaintance.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective acquainted
What does acquainted mean as an attribute of a noun?
- having fair knowledge of
- examples: they were acquainted | fully acquainted with the facts
- adjective position: predicative adjective (it occurs after a verb that follows the noun)
- similar: familiar
Alternative definition of the adjective acquainted
- Personally known; familiar.
Definition of the verb acquainted
What does acquainted mean as a doing word?
- past of acquaint
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acquainted
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
English spellings and spelling rules. [With] The dictionary of English inflected words [and] Punctuation: also, foreign phrases and quotations. Forming pt.1 (-3) of the Handy English word book (1877)
They then became acquainted with the Soman language Extended by an adverbial phrase. (b) They then became, by degrees, acquainted with the Roman language. Further extended by a connective clause, co.ordinate with the leading ...
With refpest to the knowledge of the globe that was postessed by the ancients, there have been various opi; fome have confidered them as very extensively acquainted with almost every part of it, not excepting fome portion of America ; while ...
English-Cheyenne Dictionary (1915)
by Rodolphe Charles Petter
- = acquainted with,also used in the sense of accustomed , inured . Ehoxeoz = one becomes acustomed, acquainted; navonhan, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acquainted
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about acquainted
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Acquainted with grief
Photo credit: dno1967b
- When Barry & Joe Became Acquainted
Photo credit: tomblanton1957
- Labbit and Squirrel get acquainted
Photo credit: Hodowcy Zabawek
- Hippo Gets Acquainted with Lydia
Hippo loves you! He posts his hippopotamus discoveries at hippograms.blogspot.com/
Photo credit: r.j.wagner
- Feargal Gets Acquainted
Feargal is a whimpering dog.
Photo credit: AirBeagle
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about acquainted
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of acquainted!
Quotes about acquainted
Scrabble value of A1C3Q10U1A1I1N1T1E1D2
The value of this 10-letter word is 22 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of acquainted to see it in context!