On this page:
- Definition of the adjective acquainted
- Definition of the verb acquainted
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acquainted
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acquainted
- Photos about acquainted
- Video language resources about acquainted
- Quotes about acquainted
- Scrabble value of A1C3Q10U1A1I1N1T1E1D2
- Share this page
Acquainted is sometimes a misspelling of acquaintance.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective acquainted
What does acquainted mean as an attribute of a noun?
- having fair knowledge of
- examples: they were acquainted | fully acquainted with the facts
- adjective position: predicative adjective (it occurs after a verb that follows the noun)
- similar: familiar
Alternative definition of the adjective acquainted
- Personally known; familiar.
Definition of the verb acquainted
What does acquainted mean as a doing word?
- past of acquaint
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acquainted
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Containing English Spellings and Spelling Rules; the Dictionary of English Inflected Words; Punctuation Based on the Analysis of Sentences; a Copious List of Foreign Quotations Re-spelt for Pronunciation by James Stormonth
They then became acquainted with the Roman language. Extended by an adverbial phrase. (6) They then became, by degrees, acquainted ...
by Nancy Lewis Tuten, John Zubizarreta
" " ACQUAINTED WITH THE NIGHT," published in West-Running Brook (1928), appeared ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acquainted
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about acquainted
Click on an item to view that photo:
Acquainted with grief
Photo credit: dno1967b
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about acquainted
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of acquainted!
Quotes about acquainted
Scrabble value of A1C3Q10U1A1I1N1T1E1D2
The value of this 10-letter word is 22 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of acquainted to see it in context!