On this page:
Acquiring is a member of the word family acquire, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun acquiring
What does acquiring mean as a name of something?
- the act of acquiring something
- example: I envied his talent for acquiring
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of acquiring: getting
- more generic terms: act / deed / human action / human activity = something that people do or cause to happen
- more specific terms:
- acquisition = the act of contracting or assuming or acquiring possession of something
- obtainment / obtention = the act of obtaining
- contracting / catching = becoming infected
- appropriation = a deliberate act of acquisition of something, often without the permission of the owner
- occupation / moving in / occupancy = the act of occupying or taking possession of a building
- gaining control / capture / seizure = the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property
- reception / receipt = the act of receiving
- pickup = the act of taking aboard passengers or freight
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acquiring
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gerald (Jerry) R. Ledlow, Karl Manrodt, David Schott
Acquiring is a combination of Sourcing and procurement. This chapter is quite long and detailed, but the concepts are easy to...
Acquiring is an essential step in the healthcare Value Chain.
Analysing English Sentences (2009)
A Minimalist Approach by Andrew Radford
So, for example, children have to learn whether the native language they are acquiring is a null subject language or not, whether it is a wh-movement language or not, and whether it is a head-first language or not . . . and so on for all the other ...
Buried in Treasures (2007)
Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding by David F. Tolin, Randy O. Frost, Gail Steketee
Fact File for Family and Friends Helping Your Loved One Recognize the Severity of the Problem Failureto understand or acknowledge the severity of clutter or acquiring is an all-toocommon problem among people with compulsive hoarding ...
by Philip G. Altbach, Edith S. Hoshino
Few acquiring editors have the latitude to make publication decisions independently. Rather, they must present projects to an editorial committee, usually drawn from senior staff in all departments, though with editing and marketing most ...
Dictionary of e-Business (2003)
A Definitive Guide to Technology and Business Terms by Francis Botto
Acquiring processor financial institution, type of account, and even the branch or office that holds the account. ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability.) A series of properties that define the real-world requirements for transaction ...
Weaving a Lexicon (2004)
by D. Geoffrey Hall
Acquiring. and. Using. a. Grammatical. Form. Class: Lessons. from. the. Proper- Count. Distinction. Ellen M. Markman and Vikram K. Jaswal The distinction between individuals and kinds is crucial in the representation of knowledge.
by Khosrow-Pour, D.B.A., Mehdi
Acquiring Bank The acquiring bank represents the e-commerce merchant. The acquiring bank processes all of the merchant's credit/debit card payments with the associations (American Express, MasterCard, Visa, etc.), and provide the ...
by Lee, In
Acquiring Bank ...
by Matthew R. Marvel
ACQUIRING. RESOURCES. During the past few decades, the impact of gender on starting a venture as well as on subsequent venture performance has attracted increasing levels of scholarly attention. Gender is a social construction of sex ...
Sexually Transmitted Disease: An Encyclopedia of Diseases, Prevention, Treatment, and Issues [2 volumes] (2013)
An Encyclopedia of Diseases, Prevention, Treatment, and Issues by Jill Ann Grimes MD, Lori Apffel Smith MD, Kristyn Fagerberg MD
Risk factors to acquiring MAC are low CD4 counts, regular use of indoor swimming pools, or repeated consumption of raw or partially cooked fish/shellfish . Other risk factors include a previous bronchoscopy and recent therapy with a ...
by Khosrow-Pour, Mehdi
K K Knowledge Management K Acquiring Competitive Advantage through Business. Foad Boghrati University of Tehran, Iran Iman Raeesi ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acquiring
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about acquiring
Click on an item to view that photo:
Acquiring the (Poor) Taste
Acquiring The Taste
Photo credit: epiclectic
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about acquiring
Click on an item to play that video:
- Child's Play and Acquiring Vocabulary (2015-10)
- CSAL - Acquiring Vocabulary Review
- Acquiring definition
- Mike Rost on Acquiring a New Language
Michael Rost, author of Pearson English Interactive, talks about different skills involved in learning English as a foreign language.
- Acquiring the Human Language
- The rate of learning: how efficiency of acquiring a language evolves with time
A graphical representation of the acquisition of a foreign language, how efficiency evolves with time (relative to Luca's method)
- PR2 Acquiring Grounded Language UCB UPenn
- ToBe Verb- acquiring EFL
- Riff 2 Acquiring a management language
- Jones: Acquiring Medical Language- 1: Eating the Elephant
- Jones: Acquiring Medical Language- 2: Making it Sticky
- Majority Learners Acquiring a Minority Language in a Bilngual Community : Perils and Possibilities
Children who learn a language in a linguistic minority context often have limited opportunities to use it outside the home and school. This is the case for English ...
- Krashen Acquiring a 2nd language subtitulado en espanol
Dr. Stephen Krashen giving a talk on how to acquire a second language. His theory of 'Comprehensible Input' is explained further at...
- Acquiring Islamic Knowledge - In Harari Language
Lesson in HARARI language - Acquiring Islamic Knowledge - In Harari Language.
- Jones: Acquiring Medical Language- 6: Breaking it Down
- Jones: Acquiring Medical Language- 4: SOAP Notes
- Jones: Acquiring Medical Language- 3: Language as a Culture
- Jones: Acquiring Medical Language- 5: EHR in Context
- Download Acquiring Medical Language PDF
- Download The Transition from Infancy to Language Acquiring the Power of Expression pdf
View more videos about Acquiring Financial Institution.
See also the pronunciation examples of acquiring!
Quotes about acquiring
Scrabble value of A1C3Q10U1I1R1I1N1G2
The value of this 9-letter word is 21 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of acquiring to see it in context!