Across appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Casual clothes are provisional for leisurely trips across Asia.
- Ray Rag ran across a rough road.
Across a rough road Ray Rag ran.
Where is the rough road Ray Rag ran across?
Across appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Enola’s drowsy assessor cast rorts across essays’ words alone.
- "Spacy assessor cadet, fold a hill I had lofted across," essay caps.
- So to know I’m lifted across essays on a nosy assessor cadet film, I won kotos.
On this page:
- Definition of the adverb across
- Definition of the noun across
- Other definitions of across
- Phrases with Across
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Across
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Across
- Photos about Across
- Video language resources about Across
- Sign language
- Quotes about Across
- Scrabble value of A1C3R1O1S1S1
- Anagrams of ACROSS
- Share this page
The word across is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb across
What does across mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- to the opposite side
- example: the football field was 300 feet across
Alternative definition of the adverb across
- From one side to the other.
- On the other side.
- In a particular direction.
- [context: crosswords] Horizontally.
Definition of the noun across
What does across mean as a name of something?
- [context: crosswords] A clue whose solution runs horizontally in the grid.
Other definitions of across
What does across also mean?
- To, toward, or from the far side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- On the opposite side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- [Southern US, AAVE] On the opposite side, relative to something that lies between, from (a point of interest).
- From one side to the other within (a space being traversed).
- At or near the far end of (a space).
- See Spanning.
- See Throughout,.
- So as to intersect or pass through or over at an angle.
- "Across" is a musical album of Kary Ng.
- released on
- "Across" is a cataloged instance, composition.
Across is a software.
Phrases with Across
Phrases starting with the word Across:
Phrases ending with the word Across:
- cut across
- get across
- put across
- run across
- Came Across
- come across
- look across
- pass across
- to cut across
- to put across
- put one across
- Stumble Across
- To Came Across
- to come across
View more phrases with the word Across in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Across
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
transz're, to go across] Appl. epithelium occurring in ureters and urinary bladder, renewing itself by mitotic division of the third and innermost layer of cells (phys.) translocation (tränz'lökâ'shün) n. [L. trans, across; locus, place.] Diffusion, as ...
A Sea Dyak Dictionary, in Alphabetical Parts, with Examples and Quotations Shewing the Use and Meaning of Words (1900)
by W. H (William Howell), Demetrius James Sandford Bailey
From the elbow across the chest ...
Volume 8: Environment by Martin Melosi
across the Little Tennessee River in southwestern North Carolina. The latter dam was designed and constructed by the tva engineering staff, but, in fact, the site had originally been surveyed for a hydroelectric power project by the ...
by Dennis R. Heldman
Mass transfer is governed by a differential gradient in concentration of the migrating species across a boundary that contributes to the diffusion mass transport. The difference in the concentration of the migrating species provides the driving ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Across
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Across
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Finley Brand Photography
Photo credit: porschelinn
Across the Universe - or at least a small part of the Universe.
Photo credit: Dan Zen
Photo credit: faungg's photos
Photo credit: CdePaz
Photo credit: Anneke de Bundel
Photo credit: jmettraux
Photo credit: acid333
Photo credit: sarae
the construction standards for the #cctv building & third ring passing in front here, appear from different decades.
Photo credit: the measure of mike
Photo credit: jmettraux
Photo credit: superfem
Photo credit: Mokeneco
Photo credit: Pat Rondon
Photo credit: exoimperator
Photo credit: Benjamin Dobson
Photo credit: nasrulekram
Photo credit: Incase.
Photo credit: Brînzei
Japanese Apricot @ Showa Commemorative National Government Park, Tokyo
Photo credit: ai3310X
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Across
Click on an item to play that video:
- Across Meaning
Video shows what across means. To, toward or from the far side of (something that lies between two points of interest).. On the opposite side of (something that ...
- Weird noise heard across the globe for nearly a DECADE without explanation Daily Mail Online
- Finding meaning in a 64-day trip across Africa | Amo Ngoepe | TEDxSoweto
Young traveler Amo Ngoepe tells her story of lessons learnt from a life-changing quest for meaning in a 64-day experience travelling through nine African ...
- Core Vocabulary Across Everyday Settings
This archived webinar illustrates why core vocabulary is so valuable. The right vocabulary selection can enable an individual using AAC to communicate and ...
- Memorial Day takes special meaning in Old Saybrook, across CT
News 8 took a look at some of the Memorial Day celebrations across Connecticut.
- Coin Across - Explanation
- John Lithgow's Dialect Coach in "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension"
Kevin Smith, John Lithgow, and Peter Weller talk about John Lithgow's tailor/"dialect coach" in "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension."
- Jamille Pinheiro Dias, USP Pan-Amerindian meaning-making across environmental controversies
This video was a presentation at the Canadian meetings of the Brazil Canada Knowledge Exchange: Developing Transnational Literacies a project supported ...
- Death Across the Disciplines II: Finding Meaning in Death
Faculty members on the panel consider the ways meaning for death is found or created within each discipline. The April 27th panel included Christopher Bakken ...
- Across the Realms interview with Marilyn Redmond about The Real Meaning of 2012
Holly Joy interviews author Marilyn Redmond about her book, "The Real Meaning of 2012: A New Paradigm Bringing Heaven to Earth".
- Instructional Leader - Vocabulary Learning Across Content Areas
A great deal of attention is being paid to the Common Core State Standards and the expectations they place on teachers and students, especially in the areas of ...
- Slang Across Cultures
- Transversal Across Parallel Lines Vocabulary
- Explanation of differences of coldness and hotness across t
Differences of temperatures across the United States.
- Terrier House - Vocabulary Across the Curriculum
- Explanation Across Overlander
- Solo 20s VOCABULARY B Kick Across Down
- Download Teaching Academic Vocabulary K 8 Effective Practices across the Curriculum pdf
Register to Browse more Ebooks...
- Teaching English language Learners Across the Curriculum by Elizabeth Jimenez & KDS
Teaching English language Learners Across the Curriculum by Elizabeth Jimenez & KDS This course presents a dynamic look at teaching English language ...
- Body Language Across Cultures
Manners And Body Language Across Cultures Creative Culture Multicultural Manners.
- Across vs. Over Across Adverb Preposition English Grammar Over Adverb Learn English Free Videos
Across vs. Over Across Adverb Preposition English Grammar Over Adverb Learn English Free Videos #9 Semantics of Grammar: Across & Over: Two words that ...
- Nurses Heal, Nurses Help - Building Bridges Across Language Gaps
- Get the Right Message Across With Your Body Language | Inc. Magazine
- Javed Akhtar on how poetry can travel across language.
Readings of Javed Akhtar's poetry by Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi. Chaired by Swati Gautam.
- Integrated Language Learning Across the Immersion Curriculum
Roy Lyster plenary, given at the 2012 Language Immersion Education conference. Abstract: Increasingly, many researchers recommend moving away from ...
- Across Language Talking for Global Business by Translate Your World
Translate Your World's hottest products for global business - you talk and they hear or read subtitles in their language of choice. For companies, consulates ...
- Body Language Across Different Cultures - Facial expressions in Japan and Philippines
Free Body Language e-Course...
- K-1 Language Development Across the Curriculum
This is Nancy's overview of Language Development where she will give a preliminary description of Language Development across the curriculum.
- Measuring Working Memory along Development and across Language Groups - Rita Kaushanskaya, Ph.D.
- Language of Meditation Across Religious Traditions (audio+title reupload)
View more videos about Get Across, put across, run across, Across From, Come Across, Across The Sun, Stumble Across, Across the Line, Across the Pond, Across Variable, Across The Board, Across the World, Across the Street, Put Oneself Across, Across the Universe, and Broad Across the Beam.
See also the pronunciation examples of Across!
Sign Language Reprenstation Of Word Across
Sign Language Reprenstation Of Word Across.
Quotes about Across
Live TV died in the late 1950s, electronic bulletin boards came along in the mid-1980s, meaning there was about a 25-year gap when it was difficult to put your foot in your mouth and have people all across the country know about it. (Mark Leeper)
more quotes about across...
Scrabble value of A1C3R1O1S1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACROSS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Across!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Across to see it in context!