Across appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Casual clothes are provisional for leisurely trips across Asia.
- Ray Rag ran across a rough road.
Across a rough road Ray Rag ran.
Where is the rough road Ray Rag ran across?
Across appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Enola’s drowsy assessor cast rorts across essays’ words alone.
- "Spacy assessor cadet, fold a hill I had lofted across," essay caps.
- So to know I’m lifted across essays on a nosy assessor cadet film, I won kotos.
On this page:
- Definition of the adverb across
- Definition of the noun across
- Other definitions of across
- Phrases with Across
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Across
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Across
- Photos about Across
- Video language resources about Across
- Sign language
- Quotes about Across
- Scrabble value of A1C3R1O1S1S1
- Anagrams of ACROSS
- Share this page
The word across is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb across
What does across mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- to the opposite side
- example: the football field was 300 feet across
Alternative definition of the adverb across
- From one side to the other.
- On the other side.
- In a particular direction.
- [context: crosswords] Horizontally.
Definition of the noun across
What does across mean as a name of something?
- [context: crosswords] A clue whose solution runs horizontally in the grid.
Other definitions of across
What does across also mean?
- To, toward, or from the far side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- On the opposite side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- [Southern US, AAVE] On the opposite side, relative to something that lies between, from (a point of interest).
- From one side to the other within (a space being traversed).
- At or near the far end of (a space).
- See Spanning.
- See Throughout,.
- So as to intersect or pass through or over at an angle.
- "Across" is a musical album of Kary Ng.
- released on
- "Across" is a cataloged instance, composition.
Across is a software.
Phrases with Across
Phrases starting with the word Across:
Phrases ending with the word Across:
- cut across
- get across
- put across
- run across
- Came Across
- come across
- look across
- pass across
- to cut across
- to put across
- put one across
- Stumble Across
- To Came Across
- to come across
View more phrases with the word Across in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Across
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Byram, Adelheid Hu
across the curriculum« (LAC) draws upon theoretical ideas from education, sociolinguistics, second language acquisition and applied linguistics ( Moon, 1991), extending across the broad rubric of ...
A Dictionary of Owa (2014)
A Language of the Solomon Islands by Greg Mellow
across a ...
by Ross Calman
abuse kanga accept tango accidentaituā accusewhakapae ache kōrangaranga; mamae achieve tutuki across (theother side) tua atu ...
RAID 2: Bit-interleaved data is written across several drives, and then parity and errorcorrection information is written to additional separate drives. The specific number of errorcorrection drives depends on the allocation algorithm in use.
by Stuart Nagel
Across. Academic. Disciplines. George J. McCall University of Missouri— St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri Nagel (1992: 499) considers that "policy analysis can be broadly defined as the study of the nature, causes and effects of alternative public ...
by Kevin Shillington
After its long course of almost 1,000 miles from its source in southeastern Zaïre, the Congo River curves westward across the equator for some 700 miles, then bends again southward across the equator and flows toward the Atlantic. Before ...
Mongolian English Dictionary (2013)
across, crossways, замыг ...
by Ga ́bor A ́goston, Bruce Alan Masters
across the inlet of the Bosporus, called the Golden Horn. Known as Sykai (Greek “the figs”) in the first century b.c.e., probably due to its rural ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Across
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Across
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: faul
Photo credit: Finley Brand Photography
Photo credit: Jo Naylor
Photo credit: CdePaz
Photo credit: 70023venus2009
Photo credit: Stephen Edmonds
Photo credit: Paul Kehrer
Photo credit: exoimperator
Photo credit: faungg's photos
Photo credit: jmettraux
the construction standards for the #cctv building & third ring passing in front here, appear from different decades.
Photo credit: the measure of mike
Japanese Apricot @ Showa Commemorative National Government Park, Tokyo
Photo credit: ai3310X
- Moving Across
Active Assignment Weekly: Black and White Shadows
Went to a coffee shop early this morning to catch some shadows. Saw some elongated ones over this couch and shot from various angles. Just converted to B/W, that's else.
Photo credit: D()MENICK
- Across 110thStreet
Website: tinto|graphy // instagram: @tintography
Photo credit: tinto
- A Swan glides across the Loch.
A Swan glides majestically across the unfrozen area of this Scottish Loch during a stunning red sunset.
Photo credit: David Alexander Elder
- Going Across
Photo credit: aagay
- Across the canyon
Photo credit: dvs
- Across the Canal
Photo credit: andyarthur
- Across Canada
a trip across the country on a drive back to Ontario yielded a train and some other treats for the eye
Photo credit: kevinmklerks
Samukawa jinja 2
Photo credit: Corsica_JP
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Across
Click on an item to play that video:
- Across Meaning
Video shows what across means. To, toward or from the far side of (something that lies between two points of interest).. On the opposite side of (something that ...
- Weird noise heard across the globe for nearly a DECADE without explanation Daily Mail Online
- Finding meaning in a 64-day trip across Africa | Amo Ngoepe | TEDxSoweto
Young traveler Amo Ngoepe tells her story of lessons learnt from a life-changing quest for meaning in a 64-day experience travelling through nine African ...
- Core Vocabulary Across Everyday Settings
This archived webinar illustrates why core vocabulary is so valuable. The right vocabulary selection can enable an individual using AAC to communicate and ...
- Memorial Day takes special meaning in Old Saybrook, across CT
News 8 took a look at some of the Memorial Day celebrations across Connecticut.
- Coin Across - Explanation
- John Lithgow's Dialect Coach in "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension"
Kevin Smith, John Lithgow, and Peter Weller talk about John Lithgow's tailor/"dialect coach" in "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension."
- Jamille Pinheiro Dias, USP Pan-Amerindian meaning-making across environmental controversies
This video was a presentation at the Canadian meetings of the Brazil Canada Knowledge Exchange: Developing Transnational Literacies a project supported ...
- Death Across the Disciplines II: Finding Meaning in Death
Faculty members on the panel consider the ways meaning for death is found or created within each discipline. The April 27th panel included Christopher Bakken ...
- Across the Realms interview with Marilyn Redmond about The Real Meaning of 2012
Holly Joy interviews author Marilyn Redmond about her book, "The Real Meaning of 2012: A New Paradigm Bringing Heaven to Earth".
- Instructional Leader - Vocabulary Learning Across Content Areas
A great deal of attention is being paid to the Common Core State Standards and the expectations they place on teachers and students, especially in the areas of ...
- Slang Across Cultures
- Transversal Across Parallel Lines Vocabulary
- Explanation of differences of coldness and hotness across t
Differences of temperatures across the United States.
- Terrier House - Vocabulary Across the Curriculum
- Explanation Across Overlander
- Solo 20s VOCABULARY B Kick Across Down
- Download Teaching Academic Vocabulary K 8 Effective Practices across the Curriculum pdf
Register to Browse more Ebooks...
- Teaching English language Learners Across the Curriculum by Elizabeth Jimenez & KDS
Teaching English language Learners Across the Curriculum by Elizabeth Jimenez & KDS This course presents a dynamic look at teaching English language ...
- Body Language Across Cultures
Manners And Body Language Across Cultures Creative Culture Multicultural Manners.
- Across vs. Over Across Adverb Preposition English Grammar Over Adverb Learn English Free Videos
Across vs. Over Across Adverb Preposition English Grammar Over Adverb Learn English Free Videos #9 Semantics of Grammar: Across & Over: Two words that ...
- Nurses Heal, Nurses Help - Building Bridges Across Language Gaps
- Get the Right Message Across With Your Body Language | Inc. Magazine
- Javed Akhtar on how poetry can travel across language.
Readings of Javed Akhtar's poetry by Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi. Chaired by Swati Gautam.
- Integrated Language Learning Across the Immersion Curriculum
Roy Lyster plenary, given at the 2012 Language Immersion Education conference. Abstract: Increasingly, many researchers recommend moving away from ...
- Across Language Talking for Global Business by Translate Your World
Translate Your World's hottest products for global business - you talk and they hear or read subtitles in their language of choice. For companies, consulates ...
- Body Language Across Different Cultures - Facial expressions in Japan and Philippines
Free Body Language e-Course...
- K-1 Language Development Across the Curriculum
This is Nancy's overview of Language Development where she will give a preliminary description of Language Development across the curriculum.
- Measuring Working Memory along Development and across Language Groups - Rita Kaushanskaya, Ph.D.
- Language of Meditation Across Religious Traditions (audio+title reupload)
View more videos about Get Across, put across, run across, Across From, Come Across, Across The Sun, Stumble Across, Across the Line, Across the Pond, Across Variable, Across The Board, Across the World, Across the Street, Put Oneself Across, Across the Universe, and Broad Across the Beam.
See also the pronunciation examples of Across!
Sign Language Reprenstation Of Word Across
Sign Language Reprenstation Of Word Across.
Quotes about Across
Across the street the eyes
Are swathed in dark's disguise
Across the street the eyes
Froze all my insides
Across the street the eyes
Panicked and surprised
Across the street the eyes
Slashed through the frigid cries (Gwenevere Cornwell)
more quotes about across...
Scrabble value of A1C3R1O1S1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACROSS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Across!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Across to see it in context!