On this page:
- Definition of the noun acrylic
- Definition of the adjective acrylic
- Phrases with Acrylic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acrylic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acrylic
- Photos about Acrylic
- Video language resources about Acrylic
- Quotes about Acrylic
- Scrabble value of A1C3R1Y4L1I1C3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun acrylic
What does acrylic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: acrylics
- polymerized from acrylonitrile
- a glassy thermoplastic; can be cast and molded or used in coatings and adhesives
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of acrylic: acrylate resin / acrylic resin
- more generic term: synthetic resin = a resin having a polymeric structure; especially a resin in the raw state
- more specific term: polymethyl methacrylate = a transparent plastic used as a substitute for glass
- used especially by artists
- a synthetic fabric
Alternative definition of the noun acrylic
- [organic chemistry] An acrylic resin.
- A paint containing an acrylic resin.
- a painting executed using such a paint.
- A thick sheet of plastic.
- A liquid coating system based on an acrylic resin
Definition of the adjective acrylic
What does acrylic mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- [organic chemistry] Derived from acrylic acid or acrylonitrile.
- Containing an acrylic resin.
- "Acrylic" is a musical single of The Courteeners.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Acrylic" is a musical album of The Courteeners.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Acrylic" is the 2nd single released by indie rock band The Courteeners, it is available on their debut studio album St. Jude as a bonus track. It was released on 22 October 2007 on a CD single and 7 inch vinyl reaching #44 in the UK Singles Chart. The song is a satire of Libertines soundalike bands swarming the music industry of the past few years, declaring them to have an "okay Jacket" (a pun on their clothing and the jacket of a book) but having "no spine" (a continuation of the theme of books and dismissing the bands as spineless and hollow). The single was relatively Libertines-esque in its delivery, but this was intentional irony that many members of the music press neglected to understand.
"Acrylic" is a book by Walter Foster.
Phrases with Acrylic
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acrylic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Daniel J. Benny
Acrylic is a plastic and offers little protection. It also breaks into large shards if broken. It scratches...
Industrial Espionage (2013)
Developing a Counterespionage Program by Daniel J. Benny
Acrylic is a plastic and offers little protection. It also breaks into large shards when broken.
Eat Your Greens (2014)
The Surprising Power of Homegrown Leaf Crops by David Kennedy
Acrylic is a rigid very clear plastic that is the second most durable common glazing material, usually lasting 20 years or more. It is available in single and double ...
by Sharon Finmark
Like watercolour, acrylic is a waterbased paint, but it has unique qualities. The pigment is bound with a synthetic resin which dries very rapidly to form a waterproof 'skin', which allows you to overpaint without disturbing the colours beneath.
by Lee Hammond
Acrylic is a very forgiving medium. If you don't like what you've done, you can simply paint right over it! Acrylic paintings are "built" much like three-dimensional objects. You start with a basic foundation of color, and then add layer after layer, ...
by J.L. Güell
Foldable hydrophobic acrylic is the most popular material, which is also available in yellow (blue light absorbing) models and several IOL shapes. Al- though a very effective and safe material, water penetra- tion producing glistenings and ...
Valuation of Investments in People?s Training and Education, Safety and Health, and Work Productivity by William B. Rouse
The UV acrylic is a one-part material that is dispensed directly from the manufacturer's container and has a greater shelf-life.
A Practical Guide to Principles & Techniques by Angie Taylor
Acrylic is a very flexible paint. It is water based (like watercolor and gouache), but it can be painted in a wide range of styles and consistencies using a wide range of implements. It can be watered down and sponged (or brushed) to ...
by David Kent Ballast, FAIA, CSI, NCIDQ Certification No. 9425
Acrylic and Modacrylic Acrylic is a synthetic fiber that has.
by Frank Träger
Acrylic is the most commonly used optical plastic. It is made by polymerizing the monomer methyl methacrylate. PMMA is moderately priced and easy to mold. It shows high transparency, low birefringence, a high Abbe number, outstanding ...
by Michael Szycher
(acrylic aldehyde, propenal, allyl aldehyde, acral- dehyde). A reactive liquid obtained from the oxidation of allyl alcohol or propylene, and frequently used as ...
by Nicholas P Cheremisinoff
ACRYLIC RESIN Table 2 continued Chemical Chemical Family Trade Names Name/Synonyms Bis(Dimethylthiocarba Organic sulfide TETD myl) disulfide 1,3- Diphenyl-2-thiourea | Rubber accelerator A-1 Thiocarbanilide Carbamide ...
Polymer Science Dictionary (2017)
by Mark Alger
acrylic acid (propenoic acid) Produced mostly by aerial oxidation of propylene at 400– 500 ıC. Useful as the monomer for polyacrylic acid and as a comonomer in ...
by American Heritage Dictionary
acrylic (a-kril'ik) 1. An acrylic resin.
by Joseph R. Davis, ASM International
active area active components Technical Brief 1 : Acrylics ACRYLIC PLASTICS comprise a broad array of polymers and copolymers in which the major monomeric constituents belong to two families of esters-acrylates and methacrylates.
Volume 2 - Additives to Alpha by John J. McKetta Jr
Polyfunctional, high boiling allyl esters, ethers, amides, allyl acrylic, and related monomers offer many possibilities for curable coatings and adhesives with or without use of solvents. lt is believed that further development of allyl polymerization ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acrylic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acrylic
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: JWSherman
- Acrylic test
Laser engraving acrylic. Left to right:
1) Extruded acylic, engraved through the protective paper.
2) Extruded acrylic, paper removed before engraving.
3) Cast acrylic, paper removed before engraving.
Engraving shows up on the extruded acrylic, but is much more pronounced on the cast acrylic.
Photo credit: yellowzeppelin
- Scrap Acrylic
Making something useful out of acrylic scraps.
Photo credit: oskay
- Vintage Acrylic
The 1970s are calling and they want their colors back.
Photo credit: Tempesttea
- Acrylic Abstract, Study Green
Photo credit: StudioG676
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Acrylic
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Acrylic!
Quotes about Acrylic
Composition of light slowly squeezed
Acrylic dabbed and daubed
New image gradually emerging
Vision of raging tempest unfurling
Across taut woven white
Stormy sea pitching billowing sail (Diana Rosser)
more quotes about acrylic...
Scrabble value of A1C3R1Y4L1I1C3
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acrylic to see it in context!