ACT! appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- He or I act at Cairo, eh?
- An Indian act can aid Nina.
- Won't cat lovers revolt? Act now!
On this page:
- Act! a.k.a. Australian Capital Territory is a territory in the south east of Australia, enclaved within New South Wales. It is the smaller of the two self-governing internal territories in Australia. The only city and by far the most populous community is Canberra, the capital city of Australia.
- Act! a.k.a. American Conservatory Theater is a large non-profit theater company in San Francisco, California, that offers both classical and contemporary theater productions. A.C.T. was founded in 1965 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Playhouse and Carnegie Mellon University by theatre and opera director William Ball. By invitation from San Francisco philanthropists and officials, Ball relocated the company to San Francisco and astonished the theatre world by presenting twenty-seven fully staged productions in rotating repertory, in two different theatres, the Geary and the Marine's Memorial Theatre, during the first 40-week season. San Francisco Chronicle critic Paine Knickerbocker acclaimed Ball's opening performance of Molière's Tartuffe as "a screaming, bellowing unbelievable triumph.
- also known as ACT; A.C.T.; American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco; American Conservatory Theater, main campus; American Conservatory Theatre of San Francisco
- award: - Regional Theatre Tony Award
- official website: www.act-sf.org
- Act! a.k.a. Waco Regional Airport is five miles northwest of Waco, in McLennan County, Texas. It is owned by the City of Waco.
- Act! a.k.a. Shin Ansan University: Ansan College of Technology is a private technical college in Ansan City, which lies south of Seoul in Gyeonggi province. It offers degree programs in social science, tourism, physical education, industrial design, engineering, and computers. All programs place a strong emphasis on vocational outcomes. The campus stands in Danwon-gu, not far from the massive industrial complex in Sihwa, which facilitates partnerships with local industry. The college enrolls about 3,000 students, and employs about 55 instructors.
Who is ACT!?
Act! a.k.a. Amin Joseph is an American actor.
- also known as Amin Act Joseph, Act, Amin Hotep
- born on (34 years ago) in Far Rockaway
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor
- read more about Amin Joseph (actor)
- Act! a.k.a. Act were a short-lived synthpop group signed to ZTT Records in the late 1980s, and comprising British musician Thomas Leer and German ex-Propaganda vocalist Claudia Brücken. Besides synthpop and disco, the group were also influenced by psychedelic rock and musical theatre. Lyrically, their songs tended to be concerned with decadence and the moral bankruptcy. The band dissolved shortly after the release of their first album Laughter, Tears and Rage in 1988.
- Act! a.k.a. Act is a musical group.
- album: "Xl"
- official website: actofficial.com
- Act! a.k.a. Act is a musical group.
- album: "Ping Pong / Black Dove"
Act! a.k.a. ACT Music: ACT is a German, Munich-based music label which was founded in 1992 by Siegfried Loch. ACT artists include: Lars Danielsson, Viktoria Tolstoy, Vijay Iyer, Leszek Mozdzer, Iiro Rantala, Nils Landgren and Esbjörn Svensson Trio.
- official website: https://www.actmusic.com
- "Act!" a.k.a. "Act" is a musical album of Uwe Schmidt.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "Act!" is a musical album of Synapscape.
- released on (9 years ago)
"Act!" a.k.a. "Deed" is a 2013 Korean film directed by Han Jong Hoon.
- also known as Act, Jit
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- genres: East Asian cinema, World cinema
- rating: G
- released on
- Act! a.k.a. The ACT college readiness assessment is a standardized test for high school achievement and college admissions in the United States produced by ACT, Inc. It was first administered in November 1959 by Everett Franklin Lindquist as a competitor to the College Board's Scholastic Aptitude Test, now the SAT. The ACT originally consisted of four tests: English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Natural Sciences. In 1989, the Social Studies test was changed into a Reading section and the Natural Sciences test was renamed the Science Reasoning test, with more emphasis on problem solving skills. In February 2005, an optional Writing test was added to the ACT, mirroring changes to the SAT that took place later in March of the same year. In the spring of 2015, the ACT will start to be offered as a computer-based test that will incorporate some optional Constructed Response Questions; the test content, composite score, and multiple choice format will not be affected by these changes. The test will continue to be offered in the paper format for schools that are not ready to transition to computer testing.
- Act! a.k.a. Act: An act is a division or unit of a drama. The number of acts in a production can range from one to five or more, depending on how a writer structures the outline of the story. The length of time for an act to be performed usually ranges from 30 to 90 minutes, but may be as few as 10.
- Act! a.k.a. Act: An act is an instrument that records a fact or something that has been said, done, or agreed. Acts generally take the form of legal instruments of writing that have probative value and executory force. They are usually accepted as self-authenticating demonstrative evidence in court proceedings, though with the precarious status of notaries public and their acts under common law, this is not always so.
- Act! a.k.a. ACTG1: Actin, gamma 1, also known as ACTG1, is a gene.
- also known as actin, gamma 1; actin, gamma 1 propeptide; cytoskeletal gamma-actin; actin-like protein; actin, cytoplasmic 2
- Act! a.k.a. ACT is a lossy ADPCM 8 kbit/s compressed audio format recorded by most Chinese MP3 and MP4 players with a recording function, and voice recorders.
- Act! a.k.a. Achterhoeks Language: Achterhooks is a Dutch Low Saxon dialect spoken in Gelderland.
- also known as Achterhoek, Aachterhoeks, Achterhooks dialect
- Act! a.k.a. ACT, or Automated Confirmation of Transactions, is a system for reporting and clearing trades in the over-the-counter and NASDAQ securities markets. In contrast to Qualified Special Representative clearing via the National Securities Clearing Corporation, which requires multiple relationships between brokers, dealers, and clearing firms, ACT facilitates and simplifies the process of clearing by providing a single counterparty to interact with.
- Act! a.k.a. pflA is a gene.
- Act! a.k.a. ASEAN Common Time Zone: ASEAN Common Time is an idea proposed by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations to adopt a standard time of UTC+08:00 for all member countries. Some regional businesses have already begun adopting the phrase "ASEAN Common Time," and often use the abbreviation ACT in their press releases, communications, and legal documents.
- also known as ASEAN Common Time
- Act! a.k.a. Activated clotting time, also known as activated coagulation time is a test of coagulation.
- also known as Activated coagulation time, ACT
- Act! a.k.a. ACT is a website.
- also known as ACT Airport Code, Waco Regional Airport, Airport Code ACT
- Act! a.k.a. alaS is a gene.
- Act! a.k.a. Act is a software.
- Act! a.k.a. Act is a file format.
- Act! a.k.a. The Aksi Cepat Tanggap is an NGO located in Banten, Indonesia. The foundation is a non profit organization that exists to help people in need.
- also known as ACT
- Act! a.k.a. acyl-CoA thioesterase 7 is a gene.
- also known as long chain acyl-CoA thioester hydrolase; brain acyl CoA hydrolase; brain acyl-CoA hydrolase; acyl-CoA thioesterase, long chain; acyl-CoA thioesterase 2; cytosolic acyl coenzyme A thioester hydrolase
- Act! a.k.a. actin-like protein is a gene.
- Act! a.k.a. prostate-specific P704P is a gene.
- also known as actin-like
- Act! a.k.a. PIF action code: Action code indicating the type of conservation action most needed for improving or maintaining current population status of each species.
- also known as Act
- Act! a.k.a. actin, gamma 2, smooth muscle, enteric is a gene.
- also known as actin-like protein; smooth muscle gamma actin; actin, gamma 2; alpha-actin 3
- Act! a.k.a. four and a half LIM domains 5 is a gene.
- also known as 1700027G07Rik, activator of cAMP-responsive element modulator (CREM) in testis, LIM protein ACT
- Act! a.k.a. serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade A (alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin), member 3 is a gene.
- also known as serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade A (alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin), member 3; serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade A, member 3; growth-inhibiting protein 25; antichymotrypsin; alpha-1-antichymotrypsin; growth-inhibiting protein 24; serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade A, member 3
Printed books with definitions for ACT!
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Blowing Out the Darkness (2008)
The Management of Emotional Life Issues, Especially Anger and Rage by David MacQuarrie
The second acronym, ACT!, is a restatement of the Serenity Prayer, with a twist. The first letter of ACT! refers to accepting what will not change. It is absolutely pointless to castigate yourself for “failure” or “falling down.” What is the positive ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ACT!
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about ACT!
The Italians are wise before the act, the Germans in the act, the French after the act.
more quotes about act!...
Anagrams of ACT!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of ACT!!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ACT! to see it in context!