On this page:
- "Acting-out" a.k.a. "Acting Out" is a book by French philosopher Bernard Stiegler. It is composed of two short works, "How I Became a Philosopher," and "To Love, To Love Me, To Love Us: From September 11 to April 21," which were published separately in French in 2003 as Passer à l'acte and Aimer, s'aimer, nous aimer: Du 11 septembre au 21 avril. Acting Out was published by Stanford University Press in 2009, and the translators were David Barison, Daniel Ross, and Patrick Crogan.
- subject: Philosophy
- "Acting-out" a.k.a. "Acting out" is a book by Roland W. Betts.
- also known as "Acting out: coping with big city schools"
- "Acting-out" a.k.a. "Acting out" is a book by Christen Anne Smith.
- also known as "Acting out: theater and the politics of citizenship at the periphery in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil"
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Documentary film
- released in (37 years ago)
Acting-out a.k.a. Acting out is a psychological term from the parlance of defense mechanisms and self-control, meaning to perform an action in contrast to bearing and managing the impulse to perform it. The acting done is usually anti-social and may take the form of acting on the impulses of an addiction or in a means designed to garner attention.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for acting-out
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Social Welfare (2016)
by Noel W Timms, Rita Timms
Acting-out behaviour is characteristic of people with very low thresholds of tolerance who tend to react to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for acting-out
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about acting-out
It's tough when take 1 is technically okay and take 2 has better acting. Out here (Hollywood) they print the first one. That's the one where we all hit the mark on the floor and who cares about the acting. (Judy Holliday)
more quotes about acting-out...
Anagrams of ACTING-OUT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of acting-out!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of acting-out to see it in context!