On this page:
- Definition of the adjective additive
- Definition of the noun additive
- Phrases with Additive
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Additive
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Additive
- Photos about Additive
- Video language resources about Additive
- Scrabble value of A1D2D2I1T1I1V4E1
- Anagrams of ADDITIVE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective additive
What does additive mean as an attribute of a noun?
- designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree
- characterized or produced by addition
Alternative definition of the adjective additive
- [mathematics] Pertaining to addition; that can be, or has been, added.
- antonym: subtractive
- [mathematics, of a function, etc.] Distributive over addition.
- [algebra] Having addition as an operator.
- [chemistry] Pertaining to chemical addition.
- [genetics] Describing genes (or the interaction etc. of such genes) which govern the same trait and whose effects work together on the phenotype.
Definition of the noun additive
What does additive mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: additives
- something added to enhance food or gasoline or paint or medicine
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic words: add-on / addition / improver = a component that is added to something to improve it
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun additive
- A substance added to another substance or product for its ability to alter its properties.
Additive is a record label.
- official website: www.additiverecords.com
Additive: A substance that is added to a system or compound to improve its characteristics.
Phrases with Additive
Phrases starting with the word Additive:
Phrases ending with the word Additive:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Additive
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Benigno Rodríguez Díaz
The adjective additive means that the noise signal n(t) is superimposed or added to the signal s(t). There are not multiplicative mechanisms for example. Then the received signal r(t) will be r(t)=s(t)+n(t) (2.1) That the thermal noise is “white” ...
by Robert S. Igoe
Aluminum Ammonium Sulfate A general purpose food additive that functions as a buffer and neutralizing agent. Its solubility is 1 g in 7 ml of water at 25°C and 1 g in 0.3 ml of boiling water. It is used in baking powders. Aluminum Calcium ...
by Michael R. Peres
Kinemacolor, first commercial additive two-color cine process. Welbourne Piper, C., and Wall ...
Encyclopedia of Food Grains (2015)
by Colin W Wrigley, Harold Corke, Koushik Seetharaman, Jonathan Faubion
also as food additive (see Table 3) As coagulation agent (Codex and EU); also as food additive (see Table 3) Sugar (IFOAM); also as food additive (see Table 3) As coagulation agent (Codex and EU); mined (the ...
by Marion Eugene Ensminger, Audrey H. Ensminger
Employed in many foods including: confectionery, jellies, and ice cream; GRAS additive. Glycerine (glyceroO CHeO. Humectant Miscellaneous and general purpose additive; GRAS additive. Grape skin extract Color Colorings for carbonated ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Additive
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Additive
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Additive
Click on an item to play that video:
- !!!ADDITIVE COLOR MIXING EXPLANATION!!! (Color Theory)
ADDITIVE COLOR MIXING EXPLANATION!!! (Color Theory) Crazy Chris shows you how to make white light using all the colors of the rainbow, the same way ...
- Additive Meaning
Video shows what additive means. Pertaining to addition; that can be, or has been, added.. Distributive over addition.. Having addition as an operator.. additive ...
- Countably additive Meaning
Video shows what countably additive means. Said of a measure: that it satisfies countable additivity.. Countably additive Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Additive function Meaning
Video shows what additive function means. A unary function that preserves the addition operation, a unary function f such that for any x and y: f(x + y) = f(x) + f(y).
- Explanation of BASF concrete additive used for footings
Michael Mineau, Construction Administrator for C.T. Male Associates, describes the concrete additive used in the construction of the at BASF's Wildlife Habitat ...
- Description of Additive Pump Piping
- Additive cipher in C++ in Kurdish Language , Lecture No.14
C++ Tutorial for Beginners in Kurdish . A series on how to program in C++ In Kurdish Language. Part of E-Learning project in Kurdish language produced by a ...
- Universal Language - Additive Synthesis // Abandon
Universal Language - Additive Synthesis // Abandon [ABN002] Genre: Tech-House,Deep House,Electronica,Dub, Release Date: Nov 17 2010 Beatport: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Additive!
Scrabble value of A1D2D2I1T1I1V4E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADDITIVE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Additive!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Additive to see it in context!