On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adhesive material
What does adhesive material mean as a name of something?
- a substance that unites or bonds surfaces together
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of adhesive material: adhesive / adhesive agent
- more generic words: material / stuff = the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- more specific terms:
- birdlime / lime = a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
- spirit gum = an adhesive solution made of gum and ether and used to attach false hair to skin
- binder = something used to bind separate particles together or facilitate adhesion to a surface
- cement = something that hardens to act as adhesive material
- library paste / paste = an adhesive made from water and flour or starch
- rubber cement = an adhesive made by dissolving unvulcanized rubber in a solvent like benzene or naphtha
- substance: epoxy resin / epoxy glue / epoxy = a thermosetting resin
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adhesive Material
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Szycher
An adhesive material used for holding particles of dry substances together. (2) The important component of an adhesive formulation that is primarily responsible for the adhesive forces that hold two surfaces together. Bio The Greek ...
by Kevin Morris, Joseph Reynolds, Louis Theodore
agglutination - the process of uniting solid particles coated with a thin layer of adhesive material, or stopping solid particles by impact on a surface coated with an adhesive.  aggregate - any mixture of particulates such as sand, gravel, ...
by Virginia P. Studdert, Clive C. Gay, Douglas C. Blood
a strip offabric or other material evenly coated on one side with a pressure-sensitive adhesive material. t. closure application of tape strips across the incision ...
Dictionary of Converting (2012)
by M. R. Chamberlain, J. F. Bowler
adhesive material, typically 0.3 mm thick. The actual mounting operation requires careto ensure correct positioning ofsterios. Much flexographic printing is shortrun, leading to a need for quick interchangeof steriosand many systems have been ...
by David Franklyn Williams
adjective, anatomy Heinemann Dental binder adhesive material used for holding particles of dry substances together. noun, materials science Szycher's Biomaterials binocular convergence response of ...
by Paras Nath
Grease band: Adhesive material (e.g. resin in castor oil, or 'Sticktite') applied as a band around a tree to trap or repel ascending Wingless female moths, or ants. Green manure crop: Plants grown and then incorporated into the. 184 Illustrated ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adhesive Material
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adhesive Material
If you need images about Adhesive Material for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adhesive Material to see it in context!