The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun ado:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun ado
- Phrases with Ado
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ado
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ado
- Photos about Ado
- Videos about Ado
- Quotes about Ado
- Scrabble value of A1D2O1
- Anagrams of ADO
- Share this page
Definition of the noun ado
What does ado mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ados
- a rapid active commotion
- examples: Much ado about nothing. | Without further ado, let me introduce tonight's guest. | Making, it is sad but true, In bravado, much ado.
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of ado: bustle / flurry / fuss / hustle / stir
- more generic words: commotion / din / ruckus / ruction / rumpus / tumult = the act of making a noisy disturbance
Alternative definition of the noun ado
- To do; in doing; as, there is nothing ado.
- Doing; trouble; difficulty; troublesome business; fuss; bustle; as, to make a great ado about trifles.
- Ado: Eduardo Roberto Stinghen, best known as Ado was a former Brazilian footballer who played as a goalkeeper.
- Ado a.k.a. Kobayashi Issa, was a Japanese poet and lay Buddhist priest of the Jōdo Shinshū sect known for his haiku poems and journals. He is better known as simply Issa, a pen name meaning Cup-of-tea. He is regarded as one of the four haiku masters in Japan, along with Bashō, Buson and Shiki - "the Great Four, Basho, Buson, Issa, Shiki".
- read more about Kobayashi Issa
- Ado, archbishop of Vienne in Lotharingia, belonged to a famous Frankish house, and spent much of his middle life in Italy. He held his archiepiscopal seat from 850 till his death on the 16 December 874. Several of his letters are extant and reveal their writer as an energetic man of wide sympathies and considerable influence. Ado's principal works are a Martyrologium, and a chronicle, Chronicon sive Breviarium chronicorum de sex mundi aetatibus de Adamo usque ad annum 869.
- Ado a.k.a. A-do Do: Do Cheng Yi, popularly known as A-Do, is a singer from Singapore. The ex-construction foreman was spotted by Singaporean producer Billy Koh in his company's talent search. He has since been signed to Ocean Butterflies Music. A-Do released his first album in 2002.
- Ado a.k.a. Adnan Pjevic is an actor and film producer.
- read more about Adnan Pjevic (actor)
- Ado was a monk of Goguryeo, believed to have initiated the construction of Jikjisa temple in Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea.
- Ado a.k.a. Adam Dera is a musical artist.
- read more about Adam Dera
- Ado a.k.a. Адо is a musical group.
- read more about Адо
- ADO was a seminal Sino-foreign rock band in Beijing 1988-1992.
- Ado is a fictional character from the 2009 film Bukan Malin Kundang.
- Ado is a fictional character from the 2012 film Something Sweet.
There are other characters with in their name, like Ado Annie.
"ADO" is a book by Jason T. Roff.
Ado a.k.a. Andamooka Airport is an airport in Andamooka, South Australia, Australia.
- Ado a.k.a. Abu Language: Adjora AKA Abu is a Ramu language of Papua New Guinea.
- also known as Adjoria, Adjora, Azao, Adjora language
- Ado is a file format.
- ADO a.k.a. Olympic Sports Association: ADO is the Spanish Olympic Sports Association.
- read more about Olympic Sports Association
- ADO a.k.a. The Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Optanten für Deutschland, abbreviated ADO, was an association for German speakers who, according to the South Tyrol Option Agreement between Mussolini and Hitler, had chosen to emigrate to Germany rather than stay in South Tyrol and become italianized. The association was founded on 30 January 1940.
- read more about Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Optanten für Deutschland
Phrases with Ado
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ado
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Basic Theory, Orientations, and C*-products by Erik M. Alfsen, Frederik W. Shultz
If v is a unitary or a conjugate unitary from a Hilbert space H1 to a Hilbert space H2, then Ado is a *-preserving bijection from 8(H1) to B(H2). Proof. Clearly the map Ado is a surjection with inverse map Adv–1, so we only have to prove that Ado ...
ADO: ActiveX Data Objects (2001)
by Jason T Roff
ADO is the lowest common denominator when it comes to data access. It makes no assumptions when it comes to its...
by Steve Seguis
The rationale for using ADO is that if you can grab data and put it in tabular format so that it can be inserted into a disconnected recordset, you can ...
MCSD in a Nutshell (2000)
The Visual Basic Exams by James D. Foxall
Middle-tier Business Application Figure 7-1: OLE DB is part of Microsoft's Universal Data Access strategy, which allows the same code to be used to access different data sources Manipulating Data Using ActiveX Data Objects ADO is a set of ...
Encyclopedia of Neuroscience (2009)
Volume One by Larry R. Squire
Introduction The purine adenosine (Ado) forms the backbone of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the cell's primary energy currency, and accordingly, is well situated to act as a sensor for a cell's metabolic state. Both neurons and cardiac cells ...
by Clive Upton, William A. Kretzschmar, Jr.
'd genik AM odoo'd genik, ado'd genik, adoo'd genik, odo'd genik autogenous BR ...
by Herman F. Mark
The effective spontaneous curvature Ado is reflecting the different sources of membrane curvature. The constant a = E/Ic gives the relative importance of the two bending moduli with the non-local bending rigidity given by E = 212A dz/zr.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ado
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ado
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Julia Buchner
- SF09 ADO (53114) Stagecoach Western
A Volvo/Plaxton Panther seen on the 17.15 500 Stranraer service.
Photo credit: Jonck52648
- ADO verlamd door angst
De spelers van ADO en Sparta Rotterdam stellen zich voor aan het publiek. Vanwege een landelijke actie tegen obesitas 'Scoren Voor Gezondheid' dragen ze een speciaal shirt.
ADO was de gehele wedstrijd verlamd door angst. Onbegrijpelijk, want Sparta had helemaal niets te in te brengen. Pas halverwege de 2e helft, toen ADO meerdere kansen op nog een doelpunt uitermate knullig had verspeeld, rook Sparta haar kansen. Een ongelukkig eigen doelpunt van Timothy Derijck bracht Sparta kort voor tijd terug in de wedstrijd. Daarna was het slechts wachten op de 2e goal van de Spartanen en die viel dan ook, in de een na laatste minuut van de blessuretijd.
Ik zeg het niet graag, maar ADO trainer Andre Wetzel had bepaald een ongelukkige hand van wisselen. Je verwacht bij een wissel een verbetering, niet 'minder van hetzelfde'.
Photo credit: FaceMePLS
- SF09 ADO (53314) Stagecoach Western
An Volvo/Plaxton Panther seen on the 1715 500 Stranraer service.
Photo credit: Jonck52648
- ADO Zuiderparkstadion
Hokje voor kaartjescontroleur annex verkoper annex informateur aan de hoofdingang van het stadion. Door het hek kom je op de velden van de amateurs en de jeugdafdelingen van ADO.
Photo credit: FaceMePLS
Videos about Ado
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ado Meaning
Video shows what ado means. To do; in doing; as, there is nothing ado.. Doing; trouble; difficulty; troublesome business; fuss; bustle; as, to make a great ado ...
- ADO Meaning
Video shows what ADO means. ActiveX Data Objects. ADO pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. ADO meaning. Powered by ...
- Le language ado
- Cognitive and Language Development, Stages of Child and Ado
See also the pronunciation examples of Ado!
Quotes about Ado
The one who indulges in fornication
Is still a chaste woman outdoor.
The one who indulges in courtship
is branded unchaste to one and all.
Much ado about nothing;
Little ado about hidden things.
20.06.2000, Palakkad (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about ado...
Scrabble value of A1D2O1
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ADO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ado!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ado to see it in context!