The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun adoration:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun adoration
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adoration
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adoration
- Photos about Adoration
- Video language resources about Adoration
- Quotes about Adoration
- Scrabble value of A1D2O1R1A1T1I1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adoration
What does adoration mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adorations
- a feeling of profound love and admiration
- the act of admiring strongly
- the worship given to God alone
Alternative definition of the noun adoration
- [countable] An act of religious worship.
- [uncountable] Admiration or esteem.
- [uncountable] The act of adoring; loving devotion or fascination.
- "Adoration" is a 2008 Canadian drama film directed by Atom Egoyan and starring Rachel Blanchard, Scott Speedman and Devon Bostick. It is Egoyan's first feature film since Where The Truth Lies.
- country: Canada
- languages: French, English Language, Hebrew Language
- producers: Jennifer Weiss, Simone Urdl, Atom Egoyan
- executive producers: Robert Lantos, Laurent Pétin, Michèle Pétin
- production design by Phillip Barker
- art direction by Barry Isenor
- written by Atom Egoyan
- Arsinée Khanjian as Sabine
- Rachel Blanchard as Rachel
- Scott Speedman as Tom
- Noam Jenkins as Sami
- Devon Bostick as Simon
- Kenneth Welsh as Morris
- Aaron Poole as Daniel
- Katie Boland as Hannah
- Duane Murray as Parking Security
- Louca Tassone as Simon
- Yuval Daniel as Security Agent
- Jeremy Wright as Delivery Guy
- Thomas Hauff as Nick
- Martin Roach as Car Owner
- Ieva Lucs as Berating Woman
- Hailee Sisera as Jennifer
- Lia Bellefontaine as Student On-Line #1
- Jermaine Crooks as Student On-Line #2
- Hannah Fogel as Student On-Line #3
- Celeste Howard as Student On-Line #4
- Jamie McMillan as Student On-Line #5
- Yunus Mohamed as Student On-Line #6
- Nariné Martiros-Gharakhanian as Student On-Line #7
- Victor Nhan as Student On-Line #8
- Tristan Parlette as Student On-Line #9
- Lucas Paulino as Student On-Line #10
- June Rogers as Student On-Line #11
- Kevin Tung as Student On-Line #12
- Jack Blum as Passenger & Professor On-Line #1
- Maury Chaykin as Passenger & Professor On-Line #2
- Sharon Corder as Passenger & Professor On-Line #3
- Vera Frenkel as Passenger & Professor On-Line #4
- Marc Glassman as Passenger & Professor On-Line #5
- Shel Goldstein as Passenger & Professor On-Line #6
- Paul Soles as Passenger & Professor On-Line #7
- Janice Stein as Passenger & Professor On-Line #8
- Geraldine O'Rawe as Carole
- Dominic Cuzzocrea as Taxi Driver
- Tony Nardi as School Principal
- Soo Garay as Granddaughter
- Bathsheba Garnett as Holocaust Survivor
- Michael Barry as Skinhead
- Ron Bell as Bus Driver
- music by Mychael Danna
- genre: Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (7 years ago)
- read more about Adoration (film)
- "Adoration" a.k.a. "Adore" is a 2013 Australian-French drama film directed by Anne Fontaine. The film is based on a novella by British writer Doris Lessing called The Grandmothers.
- read more about Adore
- "Adoration" is a 1987 short drama film written and directed by Olivier Smolders.
- "Adoration" is an Synchronized sound drama film with a Vitaphone musical score and sound effects. The film was released by First National Pictures, a subsidiary of Warner Bros., and directed by Frank Lloyd. It stars Billie Dove, Antonio Moreno, Emile Chautard and Lucy Doraine. The film was also issued in a shorter silent version for theatres that were not yet wired for sound.
- "Adoration" is a musical single of Cranes.
- released on (24 years ago)
- "Adoration" is a musical single of Mortal Love.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Adoration" is a musical album of Brenton Brown.
- "Adoration" is a musical EP of Heidi Klum's Bangs.
- "Adoration" is a musical album of Glory of This.
- "Adoration" is a composition.
Adoration Formed in 2003 initiated by John Stone and Stephen Carey.
- genre: Independent music
- album: "Sleepwalking"
- Adoration is respect, reverence, strong admiration or devotion in a certain person, place, or thing. The term comes from the Latin adōrātiō, meaning "to give homage or worship to someone or something".
- Adoration is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Adoration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A - Ana
ADORATION, the act of rendering divine honours, or of addressing a being, as supposing it a god. The word is compounded of ad, to, and os, oris, mouth ; and literally signifies to apply the hand to the mouth ; manum ados ad- movere, to kiss ...
by Bruno Becchio, Johannes P. Schadé
Adoration of the Magi Visit to the infant Christ by the Wise Men from the East, illuminated manuscript, Book of Hours, Paris ca. 1420. ii Adoration Adoration of the Magi. Illuminated manuscript, breviary ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1913)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne
The Nocturnal Adoration is carried on in many countries by associations of men. The first confraternity for the Nocturnal Adoration called "Pia Unione di Adoratori del SS. Sagra- mento" was founded in Rome, in 1810. In Paris, before the ...
A Protestant Dictionary (1904)
Containing Articles on the History, Doctrines, and Practices of the Christian Church by Charles Henry Hamilton Wright, Charles Neil
ADORATION OF THE EUCHARIST.— The practice of worshipping the Sacrament of the Body and Blood of Christ. This is one of the consequences of the dogma of the Objective Presence in the elements. If Christ has entered into the bread ...
Comprising the Whole Range of Arts, Sciences and Literature as Connected with the Institution by Albert Gallatin Mackey
Adoration. The act of paying divine worship. The Latin word adorare is derived from ad, " to," and of, orii, " the mouth," and we thus etymologically learn that the primitive and most general ...
Containing Also an Addendum, Giving the Results of Subsequent Study, Research and Discovery to the Present Time, and a Self-pronouncing Dictionary by Albert Gallatin Mackey, Charles Thompson McClenachan
Adoration. The act of paying divine worship. The Latin word adorare is derived from ad, “to,” and os, oris, “the mouth,” and we thus etymologically learn that ...
by Abraham Rees
ADORATION, extemzal, coincides with what is otherwise called rilua/ adoraiibctn. ADORATlON, infernal, coincides with spiritual adoration, called also adoration in spirit and in truth. PlDoRATIoN solemn, that performed in public, with stated ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
ADORATION, n.s. [adoratio, Lat.] 1. The external homage paid to the Divinity, dilf inctfrom mental reverence. — Solemn and serviceable worship we name, for distinction sake, whatsoever belongeth, to the church, or publick society, of God, ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1823)
Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature, Enlarged and Improved
Adoration to l'lc mouth ; Manum ad os admovere, q. d. " to kiss •— — v the hand ;" this being, in the eastern countries, one of the great marks of respect and submission. — The Romans practised adoration at sacrifices, and other solemnities ; in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adoration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adoration
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Dan Duffy Photography
Photo credit: futurestreet
Atom Egoyan's version of multiple iChat video conversations.
Photo credit: Global X
Photo credit: robynejay
Photo credit: sfllaw
Photo credit: Life Lenses
Photo credit: Timothy Tolle
- Adoration - Little Owls
These little creatures are such a joy to watch. Wild birds in South Florida.
Photo credit: country67
- The adoration of David, Florence
Every year countless tourists flock to visit Michelangelo Buonarroti's masterpiece.
Who can blame them.
Photo credit: PapaPiper (Travelling with my camera)
- Baroque adoration
Photo credit: Joao Maximo
- Adoration of the Moon
Andreas Manessinger, manessinger.com, Creative Commons BY-SA
Photo credit: amanessinger
- Adoration II
Photo credit: maren mittentzwey
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adoration
Click on an item to play that video:
- Adoration Meaning
Video shows what adoration means. An act of religious worship.. Admiration or esteem.. The act of adoring; loving devotion or fascination.. adoration ...
- Adoration Explanation
- Explanation of Jesus Presence in Adoration
Talk given to teens about Eucharistic Adoration, emphasizing the Real Presence of Jesus in Eucharist.
- Adoration...the real meaning of Christmas
Imagine being a wise man the night He was born.....
- Love In Any Language song by Adoration
International Day 2015.
See also the pronunciation examples of Adoration!
Quotes about Adoration
Scrabble value of A1D2O1R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adoration to see it in context!