On this page:
- Definition of the noun adrenocorticotrophin
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for adrenocorticotrophin
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for adrenocorticotrophin
- Video about adrenocorticotrophin
- Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1O1C3O1R1T1I1C3O1T1R1O1P3H4I1N1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun adrenocorticotrophin
What does adrenocorticotrophin mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adrenocorticotrophins
- a hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of adrenocorticotrophin: ACTH / adrenocorticotrophic hormone / adrenocorticotropic hormone / adrenocorticotropin / corticotrophin / corticotropin
- more generic terms: endocrine / hormone / internal secretion = the secretion of an endocrine gland that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect
Alternative definition of the noun adrenocorticotrophin
- [hormone] adrenocorticotropic hormone
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for adrenocorticotrophin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Adrenocorticotrophin. (ACTH),. Corticotrophin A naturally occurring hormone produced by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland. ADV.
Therapeutic effectsof adrenocorticotrophin hormone(ACTH) and glucocorticoids in infantile spasmshavebeen hypothesized tobe ...
by Charles Pollak, Michael J. Thorpy, Jan Yager
adrenocorticotrophin hormone 5 it senses that apnea has been induced. As a result, ASV is much more comfortable than even bilevel CPAP. It has been shown to be effective in heart failure and Cheyne-Stokes respiration, thereby holding out ...
by R.V. Krstic;
Adrenocorticotropes: f Corticotropes Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH, adrenocorticotrophin, corticotropin): A polypeptide f hormone secreted by adenohypophyseal t corticotropes stimulating release off corticosteroids from zona fasciculata ...
by Elizabeth Martin
adrenocorticotrophic hormone (adrenocorticotrophin) see ACTH. adrenogenital syndrome a hormonal disorder resulting from abnormal steroid production by the adrenal ...
by Virginia P. Studdert, Clive C. Gay, Douglas C. Blood
adrenocorticotrophin [-dre′′no-kor't -ko-tro′′fin] adrenocorticotropic hormone, ...
by Jennie King, Rhonda Hawley
adrenocorticotrophin (əˌdreenoh ˌkawtikoh trohfən) adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary body.
Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions - Australian & New Zealand Edition (2014)
by Peter Harris, Sue Nagy, Nicholas Vardaxis
adrenocorticotrophin /-trofމin/, the adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates secretion of other hormones by the adrenal cortex. adrenodoxin ...
by Annu Kaushik
adrenocorticotrophin adrenocorticotrophic hormone ...
by Robert Alan Lewis
adrenocorticotrophin. ACTH. adrenocorticotrophic hormone. ACTH. adrenocorticotropic hormone.
by Chris Gunn
Lack of adrenocorticotrophin ...
A Dictionary of Nursing (2014)
by Market House Books
adrenocorticotrophic hormone (adrenocorticotrophin) [a ̆-dree-noh- korti-koh-trof-ik] n. see acth. adrenogenital syndrome [a ̆-dreenoh-jen-it-a ̆l] n. a ...
Encyclopedia of Cancer (2011)
by Manfred Schwab
adrenocorticotrophin (ACTH), luteinizing hormone (LH), and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). > Multiple Endocrine ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for adrenocorticotrophin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about adrenocorticotrophin
Video shows what adrenocorticotrophin means. adrenocorticotropic hormone. Adrenocorticotrophin Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
Scrabble value of A1D2R1E1N1O1C3O1R1T1I1C3O1T1R1O1P3H4I1N1
The value of this 20-letter word is 30 points. Since it has more than 15 letters, it can be played on Super Scrabble board only.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of adrenocorticotrophin to find many related words and phrases!