On this page:
- Definition of the noun adulthood
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adulthood
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adulthood
- Photos about Adulthood
- Video language resources about Adulthood
- Quotes about Adulthood
- Scrabble value of A1D2U1L1T1H4O1O1D2
- Share this page
Adulthood is a member of the word family adult, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun adulthood
What does adulthood mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: adulthoods
- the period of time in your life after your physical growth has stopped and you are fully developed
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of adulthood: maturity
- more generic term: time of life = a period of time during which a person is normally in a particular life state
- more specific terms: prime of life / prime = the time of maturity when power and vigor are greatest
- teens = the time of life between the ages of 12 and 20
- mid-twenties / twenties = the time of life between 20 and 30
- thirty-something / mid-thirties / thirties = the time of life between 30 and 40
- mid-forties / forties = the time of life between 40 and 50
- mid-fifties / fifties = the time of life between 50 and 60
- legal age / majority = the age at which persons are considered competent to manage their own affairs
- drinking age = the age at which is legal for a person to buy alcoholic beverages
- voting age = the age at which a person is old enough to vote in public elections
- middle age = the time of life between youth and old age
- the state (and responsibilities) of a person who has attained maturity
Alternative definition of the noun adulthood
- The time of life when one is expected to take responsibility for one's own actions and well-being.
"Adulthood" is a 2008 British drama film. It was directed and written by Noel Clarke, who also stars as the protagonist, Sam Peel. Adulthood is a sequel to the 2006 film Kidulthood, which Clarke also wrote, and depicts Peel's experiences after he is released from jail. The film received positive reviews, but was criticised for melodrama and "unrelenting aggro". It grossed £1,203,319 at the UK Box Office during its opening weekend, ranking above The Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Sex and the City. After starring in the film, Adam Deacon decided to write and star in his own urban film, Anuvahood.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Damian Jones & George Isaac
- executive producer: Amir Madani
- production design by Murray McKeown
- art direction by Paul Harvey
- written by Noel Clarke
- Danny Dyer as Hayden
- Noel Clarke as Sam
- Scarlett Alice Johnson as Lexi
- Nathan Constance as Ike
- Jacob Anderson as Omen
- Ben Drew as Dabs
- Red Madrell as Alisa
- Femi Oyeniran as Moony
- Shanika Warren-Markland as Kayla
- Adam Deacon as Jay
- Cornell S. John as Uncle Curtis
- Pierre Mascolo as Andreas
- Don Klass as Blammy
- Arnold Oceng as Henry
- Madeleine Fairley as Claire
- Wil Johnson as Big Man
- casting by Tamara Notcutt
- cinematography by Brian Tufano
- edited by Tom Hemmings
- music by Chad Hobson
- costume design by Andy Blake
- genres: Crime Drama, Drama
- released on (6 years ago)
- official website: www.adulthoodthemovie.co.uk
"Adulthood" is the debut album by British singer CocknBullKid. It was released in the United Kingdom on 20 May 2011 by Island Records.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Adulthood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lawerence K.W. Berg, PhD, Esq., Karen L. Fingerman, PhD, Jacqui Smith, PhD, Cynthia Berg, PhD
Understanding when, where, and why consistency is seen over time from childhood to adulthood is an important...
Young adulthood is a time of increasing consistency in personality traits over time as test–retest correlations are higher in ...
by Frank D. Fincham, Ming Cui
Second, emerging adulthood is an age of instability, with emerging adults shifting between choices in love and work and moving from one residence to another. Third, emerging adulthood is a self-focused age. Unlike young children and ...
by John Santrock
Early adulthood is the developmental period that begins in the late teens or early twenties and lasts through the thirties. For young adults, this is a time for ...
by John Santrock
Early adulthood is the developmental period that begins in the late teens or early twenties and lasts through the thirties. It is a time of establishing personal and economic independence, pursuing career development, and, for many, selecting a ...
A-Z of Public Health (2014)
by Glenn Laverack
Middle adulthood is a time for establishing a pattern in life, raising a family and dealing with the everyday stress of work and...
Older adulthood is the start of a transition to being elderly and a period when people suffer more from chronic ...
Young Adult Mental Health (2010)
by Jon E. Grant, Marc N. Potenza
Young adulthood is a transitional epoch, and the transitional nature of this developmental period makes it difficult to establish appropriate support systems that would ensure consistent mental health care. For mental health needs, there is often ...
by Spencer A. Rathus
Young adulthood is the time of life when most of those who will bear children do so, and middle adulthood is the time of life when most of us who will become grandparents begin that role. Having and relating to grandchildren, like having and ...
Seasons of Strength (2003)
New Visions of Adult Christian Maturing by Evelyn Eaton Whitehead, James D. Whitehead
Christian adulthood is the focus of this book.
by Stanley J. Ulijaszek, Francis E. Johnston, Michael A. Preece
from pregnancy to adulthood. Photogra ph by Stanley Ulijaszek. Idealized mean velocity curves of growth in height for healthy girls and boys show in the post-natal stages of the pattern of human ...
The Encyclopedia of Aging (2006)
Fourth Edition, 2-Volume Set by Richard Schulz
These physical, cognitive, and psychosocial developmental changes in adulthood are highly variable depending on which stage in adult development is being examined. For instance, while early adulthood is characterized by growth and ...
4 Volume Set by Terry Mizrahi, Larry Davis
Early Childhood and Pre-School Childhood and Latency Young Adulthood Parenting Older Adulthood/Seniors ('' Young ...
by John Jenkins, John Pigram
For example, medieval definitions of youth have been linked to the European apprenticeship system that was identified as a period of transition from childhood to adulthood, during which individuals engaged in learning and development to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Adulthood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Adulthood
Click on an item to view that photo:
Model: Iain Dowling
Photo credit: Valentina (GaiaPhotography)
Photo credit: Jo Naylor
Photo credit: theogeo
Adult Bald Eagle in flight.
Photo credit: Ingrid Taylar
- Unhappy Adulthood
Photo credit: heyexit
- Surrender to adulthood
Photo credit: raganmd
- Riding to adulthood
Photo credit: jaredkoh
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Adulthood
Click on an item to play that video:
- Society's Changing Definition of Adulthood
- Adulthood Meaning
Video shows what adulthood means. The time of life when one is expected to take responsibility for one's own actions and well-being.. adulthood pronunciation.
- Family Wisdom Project: The Meaning of Adulthood, Part II
- Language Disorder in Adulthood
Dr Michael McDowell talks about how people with language disorders cope in adulthood.
See also the pronunciation examples of Adulthood!
Quotes about Adulthood
We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until we move from the passive voice to the active voice-that is, until we have stopped saying 'It got lost,' and say, 'I lost it.' (Sydney J. Harris)
more quotes about adulthood...
Scrabble value of A1D2U1L1T1H4O1O1D2
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Adulthood to see it in context!