On this page:
- Definition of the adjective aesthetic
- Definition of the noun aesthetic
- Phrases with Aesthetic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aesthetic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aesthetic
- Photos about Aesthetic
- Video language resources about Aesthetic
- Quotes about Aesthetic
- Scrabble value of A1E1S1T1H4E1T1I1C3
- Anagrams of AESTHETIC
- Share this page
Aesthetic (relating to beauty or the arts) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Barron's absolutely essential words for the GRE, which includes 300 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective aesthetic
What does aesthetic mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more aesthetic / most aesthetic
- relating to or dealing with the subject of aesthetics
- concerning or characterized by an appreciation of beauty or good taste
- examples: the aesthetic faculties | an aesthetic person | aesthetic feeling | the illustrations made the book an aesthetic success
- alternative spelling: esthetic
- synonyms of aesthetic: aesthetical / esthetical
- antonym of aesthetic: inaesthetic
- similar: artistic; cosmetic / enhancive; painterly; sensuous
- aesthetically pleasing
Alternative definition of the adjective aesthetic
Definition of the adjective aesthetic for high school students
- artistic, related to the appreciation of beauty
- example: We hired Susan as our interior decorator because she has such a fine aesthetic sense.
The adjective aesthetic is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
Definition of the noun aesthetic
What does aesthetic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aesthetics
- (philosophy) a philosophical theory as to what is beautiful
Alternative definition of the noun aesthetic
- The study of art or beauty.
- That which appeals to the senses.
"Aesthetic" is the debut EP by American rock band From First to Last, released in 2003. It was the band's first release. Original pressings contain the band's original name First To Last, but later pressings changed when the band added the From to the beginning of their name. In 2008, Aesthetic has become available again in the iTunes Store.
- genres: Post-hardcore, Emo, Screamo, Pop punk, Metalcore, Melodic hardcore
- released on (11 years ago)
Phrases with Aesthetic
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aesthetic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Rod Powers
Used as an adjective, aesthetic means the appreciation of beauty or good taste. 7. The correct answer is c - oddball. Used as a noun, eccentric means one who deviates markedly from an established norm.
aesthetic (AmE esthetic) /is'0etik/ adjective Aesthetic means relating to beauty and art and to people's perception, understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of them.
by Elmar Waibl
aesthetic contemplation ' ästhetische Kontemplation f. ästhetisches Wohlgefallen n (aes) aesthetic discourse s ästhetischer Diskurs m (aes) aesthetic disinterestedness e ästhetische lnteresselosigkeit f (aes) —) disinterested appreciation.
Fourth Edition by Bethel Ann Powers, Thomas R. Knapp
Aesthetic knowledge, which is the focus of this type of inquiry, deals with art and perception of meaning through...
work encouraged aesthetic inquiry in nursing through a blending of practices from *hermeneutic ...
by Craig Kridel
The multiple forms that these inquiries can take are integral to the nature of the aesthetic as the capacity to perceive. Aesthetic-based research, grounded in perceptual awareness, highlights the significant role of the body as reciprocal medium ...
by Dabney Townsend
0 AESTHETIC CONCEPTS gaged is to be asking questions of what one perceives that distract one from the kind of immediate, distanced perception that an aesthetic attitude requires. Whereas taste and criticism were virtual synonyms in the ...
Origins, Experiences, and Culture. A-C. Volume 1
The Black Aesthetic is based upon the premise that black people, particularly African Americans and, by extension, other Africans on the Continent and in the Diaspora, have an experience and a cultural heritage that set them apart and that ...
by Peter Childs, Professor of English and Linguistics in the School of Modern Languages and European Studies Roger Fowler, Roger Fowler
Eckhoff, The Aesthetic Movement in English Literature (1959); Graham Hough, The Last Romantics ...
aesthetic object. Rather than looking through a defamiliarized text or object, the reader is thereby prompted to look at it, to contemplate the raw stuff, or facture, of the work itself. In Shklovsky's famous phrasing, defamiliarization makes the stone ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aesthetic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aesthetic
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: seaternity
summer flower beauty
Photo credit: Iqbal Osman1
Photo credit: seaternity
Photo credit: jamesjoel
Photo credit: juli_franch
- Reappearance of Aesthetic Present
Photo credit: zerantuno
- Aesthetic Exercise
Photo credit: erix!
- ITU Aesthetic
Photo credit: marksdk
- Aesthetic Arrangemen
Photo credit: wiwi15
- Aesthetic Arrangemen
Photo credit: hmomoy
View more pictures about Aesthetic Perfection.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aesthetic
Click on an item to play that video:
- Learn English Vocabulary - New Word: Aesthetic
Master your vocabulary by watching this Interactive way of Learning NEW English Words. Learn the meaning and the usage of the word 'Aesthetic' in a fun filled ...
- Aesthetic Meaning
Video shows what aesthetic means. Concerned with beauty, artistic impact, or appearance.. aesthetic pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- Aesthetic - Word of the Day | Enrich your English Vocabulary
Aesthetic - Word of the Day | Enrich your English Vocabulary Meaning: concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty Aesthetic - Synonyms: artistic, ...
- TA65 Explanation of How it Lenghtens Telomeres - Aesthetic Clinique, Steve Weiner, MD
TA65 is the only clinically proven supplement to stimulate Telomerase which is the enzyme that lengthens your telomeres. It's been proven that as you age, your ...
- Meaning in Electroacoustic Music: Feeling, Emotion and the Aesthetic Experience - Gary Kendall
- English Word Meaning - aesthetic
- ESL Vocabulary : aesthetic
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Aesthetic, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
- ESL Vocabulary : aesthetic
- Kedrick James - Language and Literacy Education: An Aesthetic Approach
Webcast sponsored by Irving K. Barber Learning Centre and hosted by the Department of Education. This presentation explores the use of procedural poetics to ...
- The Language of Assembly (Week 3) Aesthetic Coherency across the Army - 1 / 2
- The Language of Assembly (Week 3) Aesthetic Coherency across the Army - 2 / 2
- The Shop Window' s Language, the aesthetic of desire
- Aesthetic Computing Project 4: Learning a Stack Language
Video is not shown in Full screen due to the nonavailability of wide-screen mode in Warcraft 3. There is some flicking, because of video recording software FPS.
- The Shop Window s Language, the aesthetic of desire
- Dictionary of Film Terms: The Aesthetic Companion to Film Art | Free Download
See also the pronunciation examples of Aesthetic!
Quotes about Aesthetic
Scrabble value of A1E1S1T1H4E1T1I1C3
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AESTHETIC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aesthetic!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aesthetic to see it in context!