On this page:
- Definition of the noun afferent
- Definition of the adjective afferent
- Phrases with Afferent
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afferent
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afferent
- Photos about Afferent
- Video language resources about Afferent
- Scrabble value of A1F4F4E1R1E1N1T1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun afferent
What does afferent mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: afferents
- a nerve that passes impulses from receptors toward or to the central nervous system
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of afferent: afferent nerve / sensory nerve
- more generic words: nerve / nervus = any bundle of nerve fibers running to various organs and tissues of the body
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun afferent
- An afferent structure or connection
Definition of the adjective afferent
What does afferent mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of nerves and nerve impulses; conveying sensory information from the sense organs to the CNS
Alternative definition of the adjective afferent
- Carrying towards.
- antonym: efferent
Afferent is a record label.
Phrases with Afferent
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afferent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 28 - Supplement 13: AerosPate Applications of Artificial Intelligence to Tree Structures by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
FIGURE 17 center is called an "afferent" data element of the system. An output data flow leaving the transform center is called an "efferent" data element of the system. Figure 16 shows a transform ,centered DFD and its afferent and efferent ...
Encyclopedia of Neuroscience (2009)
Volume One by Larry R. Squire
The ENS contains all the basic components of polysynaptic reflex arcs – that is, primary afferent neurons, interneurons, and motor neurons. Several types of interneurons (one ascending type and three descending types) and motor neurons ...
by Martin C. Hirsch
Granular cells Cerebellum 3 Via the mossy fibers they receive afferent impulses from the pontine nuclei, spinal cord and myelencephalon. Granular foveola ( Pacchioni) Meninges & Cisterns 1 TA Latin: Foveola granularis (Pacchioni) TA ...
With 213 Tables by Florian Lang
Figure 1 Schematic illustration showing the hypothetic model of sensory transduction of pulmonary reactive oxygen species by capsaicin-sensitive vagal lung afferent fibers. ROS, reactive oxygen species; TRPV1, transient receptor potential ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afferent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afferent
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Afferent
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Afferent!
Scrabble value of A1F4F4E1R1E1N1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afferent to see it in context!