On this page:
- Definition of the noun aftertaste
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aftertaste
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aftertaste
- Photos about Aftertaste
- Video about Aftertaste
- Quotes about Aftertaste
- Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1T1A1S1T1E1
- Anagrams of AFTERTASTE
- Share this page
Definition of the noun aftertaste
What does aftertaste mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aftertastes
- an afterimage of a taste
- examples: The audience was immersed in an aftertaste of the concert. | The quarrel left an unpleasant aftertaste. | It leaves a bad aftertaste. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified only when iron was artificially added. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when iron was neutralized. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when other metals were present. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when iron levels were generally high. | The scientists concluded that tannins are not the cause of the aftertaste. | The scientists concluded that tannins increase the aftertaste. | What remained was a bitter aftertaste.
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- more generic words: afterimage / aftersensation = an image (usually a negative image) that persists after stimulation has ceased
Alternative definition of the noun aftertaste
- A taste of something that persists when it is no longer present.
- The persistence of the taste of something no longer present.
- Of wine, finish.
Aftertaste is a musical group.
- album: "The Threat of Gravity"
- "Aftertaste" is the fourth album by Helmet, released in 1997 on Interscope. This proved to be Helmet's final album with original members John Stanier and Henry Bogdan. Guitarist Rob Echeverria, who appeared on Helmet's previous outing, Betty, left the group to join Biohazard. Subsequently, the album was recorded as a three-piece, with Page Hamilton covering all the guitar parts. Guitarist Chris Traynor came on board for the supporting tour.
- "Aftertaste" is a musical EP of Daisuke Suzuki & Brendan Walls.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Aftertaste" is a musical album of Dell Zell.
- "Aftertaste" is a musical album of The Truffles.
- released in (15 years ago)
Aftertaste is the taste intensity of a food or beverage that is perceived immediately after that food or beverage is removed from the mouth. The aftertastes of different foods and beverages can vary by intensity and over time, but the unifying feature of aftertaste is that it is perceived after a food or beverage is either swallowed or spat out. The neurobiological mechanisms of taste signal transduction from the taste receptors in the mouth to the brain have not yet been fully understood. However, the primary taste processing area located in the insula has been observed to be involved in aftertaste perception.
- also known as Retrosapore
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aftertaste
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Oxford Companion to Beer (2011)
by Garrett Oliver
Anda Lincoln aftertaste refers to the flavors and aroma sensations that linger after food or drink is no longer in the mouth.
Tharp & Young on Ice Cream (2012)
An Encyclopedic Guide to Ice Cream Science and Technology by Bruce W. Tharp, L. Steven Young
Aftertaste refers to the perception of flavor that remains after ice cream has been swallowed (or, in the quality assurance SENSORY...
Homebrewing For Dummies (2008)
by Marty Nachel
The aftertaste is a good time to assess the body and tactile quality of the beer. In beverage evaluation, body refers to the weighty feel or thickness of a product. A light beer you describe as light-bodied; an India Pale Ale you may describe as ...
by Yiu H. Hui
The aftertaste is a low level fresh, mouth drying and ...
Grands Vins (1995)
The Finest Châteaux of Bordeaux and Their Wines by Clive Coates
But the aftertaste is a little astringent and a bit hard ...
Eco-critical Literature (2013)
Regreening African Landscapes by Ogaga Okuyade
As global capitalism problematizes the dynamic of subordination and domination of nations as well as reinforces the logic of core-periphery thesis, the lingering aftertaste is that periphery nations are continually in the shadow of multinational ...
A Complete Kit of Ready-to-use Checklists, Worksheets, and Training Aids for a Successful Food Service Operation by Douglas Robert Brown
Aftertaste is the the taste that lingers in the back of your mouth. Also known as "finish." AROMA The scent of the grape rather than the winemaking process. ASTRINGENCY The quality that creates the dry, puckering sensation in ...
This is Cuba (2004)
An Outlaw Culture Survives by Ben Corbett
The aftertaste is a little less pronounced. Without its mangos, Cuba would not be Cuba. No doubt, many Florida exiles must return after years of eating Costa Rican imports, and with that first bite of a genuine Cuban mango, must say, " Ahhhh. .
a systematic treatise on the theory and practice of surgery by John Ashhurst
A colorless liquid with an agreeable odor, and a taste at first very sweet, but followed by a bitterish aftertaste. It is obtained by distillation from a mixture of alcohol and nitric acid with urea. The vapor of fifty or sixty drops produces anaesthesia, ...
cooked and uncooked foods, what to eat and how to eat it ...
Always grind your own flaxseed, and if you want the bread to be sweet, without any aftertaste, use the whole flaxseed. This bread will answer many demands by those of organic complications as well as others. Sliced and toasted, this bread ...
by Ruth Winter
and a burning aftertaste. Used in blueberry. strawberry. butler. butterscotch. coconut. apple. cherry. grape. melon. peach. pineapple. plum. vanilla.
It is a white crystalline substance, having neither odor nor taste, but leaving a bitter aftertaste ...
both with regard to sound and meaning ... To which is prefixed a prosodial grammar by Thomas Sheridan
AFTERTASTE, if-ter-tlst. s. Taste remaining upon the tongue after the draught. AFTERTHOUGHT, Af-ter-thAt. s. Reflections after the act, expedients formed too late. AFTERTIMES, Af-ter- tlraz. f Succeeding times. AFTERWARD, Af'-ter-ward. ad.
by John Walker
Aftertaste, Atttnr-tA< ,te, j. Taste remaining upon the tongue after the draught. Afterthought, AdtAr- MAwt, ».
by Peter M. Tase
mbohovai kundërpërgjigje E aftertaste \|tâst\ 7 retrogusto resabio tembyre shije е fundit afterward E \'afta(r)Werd\ 7 1n seguito despues, luego upei pastaj, më pas capability SH aftësi \kâpabilatë\ abilita capacidad jaque, oja'va 7 aptitude эн ...
by John Walker
pains after birth Aftertaste, af't&r-taste s. taste remaining upon the tongue [ter the act Afterthought, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aftertaste
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aftertaste
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Aftertaste
Video shows what aftertaste means. A taste of something that persists when it is no longer present.. The persistence of the taste of something no longer present.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aftertaste!
Quotes about Aftertaste
The fathers ate the cranberries and the children are left with the aftertaste.
more quotes about aftertaste...
Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1T1A1S1T1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFTERTASTE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aftertaste!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aftertaste to see it in context!