On this page:
- Definition of the noun aftertaste
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aftertaste
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aftertaste
- Photos about Aftertaste
- Video about Aftertaste
- Quotes about Aftertaste
- Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1T1A1S1T1E1
- Anagrams of AFTERTASTE
- Share this page
Definition of the noun aftertaste
What does aftertaste mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aftertastes
- an afterimage of a taste
- examples: The audience was immersed in an aftertaste of the concert. | The quarrel left an unpleasant aftertaste. | It leaves a bad aftertaste. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified only when iron was artificially added. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when iron was neutralized. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when other metals were present. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when iron levels were generally high. | The scientists concluded that tannins are not the cause of the aftertaste. | The scientists concluded that tannins increase the aftertaste. | What remained was a bitter aftertaste.
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- more generic words: afterimage / aftersensation = an image (usually a negative image) that persists after stimulation has ceased
Alternative definition of the noun aftertaste
- A taste of something that persists when it is no longer present.
- The persistence of the taste of something no longer present.
- Of wine, finish.
Aftertaste is a musical group.
- album: "The Threat of Gravity"
- "Aftertaste" is the fourth album by Helmet, released in 1997 on Interscope. This proved to be Helmet's final album with original members John Stanier and Henry Bogdan. Guitarist Rob Echeverria, who appeared on Helmet's previous outing, Betty, left the group to join Biohazard. Subsequently, the album was recorded as a three-piece, with Page Hamilton covering all the guitar parts. Guitarist Chris Traynor came on board for the supporting tour.
- "Aftertaste" is a musical EP of Daisuke Suzuki & Brendan Walls.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Aftertaste" is a musical album of Dell Zell.
- "Aftertaste" is a musical album of The Truffles.
- released in (15 years ago)
Aftertaste is the taste intensity of a food or beverage that is perceived immediately after that food or beverage is removed from the mouth. The aftertastes of different foods and beverages can vary by intensity and over time, but the unifying feature of aftertaste is that it is perceived after a food or beverage is either swallowed or spat out. The neurobiological mechanisms of taste signal transduction from the taste receptors in the mouth to the brain have not yet been fully understood. However, the primary taste processing area located in the insula has been observed to be involved in aftertaste perception.
- also known as Retrosapore
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aftertaste
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Oxford Companion to Beer (2011)
Anda Lincoln aftertaste refers to the flavors and aroma sensations that linger after food or drink is no longer in the mouth.
Tharp & Young on Ice Cream (2012)
An Encyclopedic Guide to Ice Cream Science and Technology by Bruce W. Tharp, L. Steven Young
Aftertaste refers to the perception of flavor that remains after ice cream has been swallowed (or, in the quality assurance SENSORY...
Homebrewing For Dummies (2008)
by Marty Nachel
The aftertaste is a good time to assess the body and tactile quality of the beer. In beverage evaluation, body refers to the weighty feel or thickness of a product. A light beer you describe as light-bodied; an India Pale Ale you may describe as ...
by Yiu H. Hui
The aftertaste is a low level fresh, mouth drying and ...
This Is Cuba (2007)
An Outlaw Culture Survives by Ben Corbett
The aftertaste is a little less pronounced. Without its mangos, Cuba would not be Cuba. No doubt, many Florida exiles must return after years of eating Costa Rican imports, and with that first bite of a genuine Cuban mango, must say, “ Ahhhh. .
Grands Vins (1995)
The Finest Châteaux of Bordeaux and Their Wines by Clive Coates
But the aftertaste is a little astringent and a bit hard ...
Eco-critical Literature (2013)
Regreening African Landscapes by Ogaga Okuyade
As global capitalism problematizes the dynamic of subordination and domination of nations as well as reinforces the logic of core-periphery thesis, the lingering aftertaste is that periphery nations are continually in the shadow of multinational ...
A Complete Kit of Ready-to-use Checklists, Worksheets, and Training Aids for a Successful Food Service Operation by Douglas Robert Brown
Aftertaste is the the taste that lingers in the back of your mouth. Also known as "finish." AROMA The scent of the grape rather than the winemaking process. ASTRINGENCY The quality that creates the dry, puckering sensation in ...
Advances in Food Research (1957)
Because aftertaste is a definite and important part of flavor, it is included in a flavor profile. Usually there are only one or two impressions left, which are recorded at the end of the profile. Ordinarily, intensities are not assigned to any character ...
by Maurice Waite
aftertaste n. a strong or unpleasant taste lingering in the mouth after eating or drinking. afterthought n. something thought of or added later. afterwards (US also afterward) adv. at a later or future time. afterword n. a section at the end of a ...
by University of California, Berkeley
The ideal sugar substitute would have to be a chemical miracle: sweeter than sugar, with no bad aftertaste, calorie-free, colorless, odorless, water soluble, heat tolerant, nontoxic, noncarcinogenic, cheap, and safe for teeth. So far, no product ...
by Jonathan Deutsch Ph.D., Natalya Murakhver
The milk is left for 24 hours to ferment while being frequently jostled to prevent spoilage and the end result is airag, a slightly effervescent and sour drink with an aftertaste of almonds. Airag, also known as kumiss throughout Central Asia, ...
A Dictionary of Psychology (2015)
by Andrew M. Colman
*aftertaste. aftertaste n. A sensation of *taste or *flavour that lingers after a sapid (tastable) food or drink has been in the mouth. The term is also used metaphorically for any lingering impression, especially a nasty one. agape n. Brotherly or ...
The Visual Food Encyclopedia (1996)
A crude form of baking powder was used in the United States around 1790, but it had a bitter aftertaste. The first baking powder containing cream of tartar was developed around 1835; it was a mixture of sodium bicarbonate and the residue of ...
by Thomas Sheridan
AFTERTASTE, aftertaste. s. Taste remaining upon the tongue after the draught. AFTERTHOUGHT, af-t6r-tr.it. s. Reflections after the act, expedients formed too late. ' , AFTERTIMES, af-t<h-- timz. s. Succeeding times. AFTERWARD, af-ter-wlrd .
Consumers are unlikely to give feedback on specific sensory characteristics, such as the sourness intensity, firmness or unripe aftertaste. For this detailed feedback on product characteristics trained assessors should be utilized. Trained ...
by Robert S. Igoe, Yiu H. Hui
It is nonhygroscopic and has a bitter aftertaste and a stability problem in cooked, canned, or baked goods. It is slightly ...
by Cambridge University Press
aftertaste /'aef-tar.teist/ n [C usually sing] the flavor that a food or drink leaves in your mouth when you have swallowed it o Some vinegars have a sweet ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aftertaste
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aftertaste
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Aftertaste
Video shows what aftertaste means. A taste of something that persists when it is no longer present.. The persistence of the taste of something no longer present.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aftertaste!
Quotes about Aftertaste
The fathers ate the cranberries and the children are left with the aftertaste.
more quotes about aftertaste...
Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1T1A1S1T1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFTERTASTE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aftertaste!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aftertaste to see it in context!