On this page:
- Definition of the noun aftertaste
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aftertaste
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aftertaste
- Photos about Aftertaste
- Video about Aftertaste
- Quotes about Aftertaste
- Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1T1A1S1T1E1
- Anagrams of AFTERTASTE
- Share this page
Definition of the noun aftertaste
What does aftertaste mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aftertastes
- an afterimage of a taste
- examples: The audience was immersed in an aftertaste of the concert. | The quarrel left an unpleasant aftertaste. | It leaves a bad aftertaste. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified only when iron was artificially added. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when iron was neutralized. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when other metals were present. | The scientists found the aftertaste was intensified when iron levels were generally high. | The scientists concluded that tannins are not the cause of the aftertaste. | The scientists concluded that tannins increase the aftertaste. | What remained was a bitter aftertaste.
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- more generic words: afterimage / aftersensation = an image (usually a negative image) that persists after stimulation has ceased
Alternative definition of the noun aftertaste
- A taste of something that persists when it is no longer present.
- The persistence of the taste of something no longer present.
- Of wine, finish.
Aftertaste is a musical group.
- album: "The Threat of Gravity"
- "Aftertaste" is the fourth album by Helmet, released in 1997 on Interscope. This proved to be Helmet's final album with original members John Stanier and Henry Bogdan. Guitarist Rob Echeverria, who appeared on Helmet's previous outing, Betty, left the group to join Biohazard. Subsequently, the album was recorded as a three-piece, with Page Hamilton covering all the guitar parts. Guitarist Chris Traynor came on board for the supporting tour.
- "Aftertaste" is a musical EP of Daisuke Suzuki & Brendan Walls.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Aftertaste" is a musical album of Dell Zell.
- "Aftertaste" is a musical album of The Truffles.
- released in (15 years ago)
Aftertaste is the taste intensity of a food or beverage that is perceived immediately after that food or beverage is removed from the mouth. The aftertastes of different foods and beverages can vary by intensity and over time, but the unifying feature of aftertaste is that it is perceived after a food or beverage is either swallowed or spat out. The neurobiological mechanisms of taste signal transduction from the taste receptors in the mouth to the brain have not yet been fully understood. However, the primary taste processing area located in the insula has been observed to be involved in aftertaste perception.
- also known as Retrosapore
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aftertaste
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Elementary Food Science (2013)
by Ernest Vieira
Aftertaste can include tastes, aromatics, and/or sensations. It is an important part of the flavor of a product. The sensations are noted at a specific time after tasting has been completed, usually 1 minute. If aftertaste is a major factor, ...
This Is Cuba (2007)
An Outlaw Culture Survives by Ben Corbett
The aftertaste is a little less pronounced. Without its mangos, Cuba would not be Cuba. No doubt, many Florida exiles must return after years of eating Costa Rican imports, and with that first bite of a genuine Cuban mango, ...
by Mark Leyner, Billy Goldberg
The most likely cause for the spinach aftertaste is the large amount of calcium, specifically calcium oxalate, found in spinach. You also will find the same compound in beet greens and rhubarb, ...
Eco-critical Literature (2013)
Regreening African Landscapes by Ogaga Okuyade
As global capitalism problematizes the dynamic of subordination and domination of nations as well as reinforces the logic of core-periphery thesis, the lingering aftertaste is that periphery nations are continually in the shadow of multinational corporations, which manifests in the commodification of the environment as well as marketization of socioeconomic relations. Behind the mask of globalization, the multinationals undermine the Niger Delta's environment, biodiversity, and people.
A Complete Kit of Ready-to-use Checklists, Worksheets, and Training Aids for a Successful Food Service Operation by Douglas Robert Brown
Aftertaste is the the taste that lingers in the back of your mouth. Also known as "finish." AROMA The scent of the grape rather than the winemaking process. ASTRINGENCY The quality that creates the dry, puckering sensation in the mouth, typically a result of the tannin content. Moderate astringency is considered desirable in most red table wines. AUSTERE Tannin or acid can make a wine hard or uninteresting. BALANCE A pleasing proportion of fruit, sugar, acidity, ...
Grands Vins (1995)
The Finest Châteaux of Bordeaux and Their Wines by Clive Coates
But the aftertaste is a little astringent and a bit hard and vegetal ...
by Yiu H. Hui
The aftertaste is a low level fresh, ...
Consumers are unlikely to give feedback on specific sensory characteristics, such as the sourness intensity, firmness or unripe aftertaste. For this detailed feedback on product characteristics trained assessors should be utilized. Trained assessors are usually screened in basic tastes recognition, odor evaluation, ability to discriminate stimuli, and ability to verbalize and quantify sensory characteristics. In addition, they are trained in specific test methods and products. Specifically for the ...
by Maurice Waite
aftertaste n. a strong or unpleasant taste lingering in the mouth after eating or drinking. afterthought n. something thought of or added later. afterwards (US also afterward) adv. at a later or future time. afterword n. a section at the end of a book, usually by a person other than the author. Ag symb. the chemical element silver. – origin Latin argentum. again /uh-gen, uh-gayn/ adv. 1 once more. 2 returning to a previous position or condition. 3 in addition to what has already been ...
To which is Prefixed, a Grammar of the English Language by J. Johnson
AFTERTASTE,. n.s.. that. taste. which. is perceived after, which was not sensible during the act of drinking. AFTERTHOUGHT, n.s. an expedient formed too late; reflection or thought arising after the finishing of a thing: not properly used for second thought, as that is generally taken in a good sense, but this in a bad one. Repentance. A/FTERTIMES, m. s. future ages; times to conne. A'FTERTOSSING, n.s. the motion of the sea after a storm. A/FTERWARD, adv. in succeeding, or future ...
especially an *afterimage or an *aftertaste. aftertaste n. A sensation of *taste or ='flavour that lingers after a sapid (tastable) food or drink has been in the mouth. The term is also used metaphorically for any lingering impression, ...
by University of California, Berkeley
The ideal sugar substitute would have to be a chemical miracle: sweeter than sugar, with no bad aftertaste, calorie-free, colorless, odorless, water soluble, heat tolerant, nontoxic, noncarcinogenic, cheap, and safe for teeth. So far, no product meets all these demands. The most widely used sugar substitutes are artificial sweeteners, the best known of which are saccharin and aspartame (brand names : NutraSweet and Equal). More recently, acesul- fame-K (brand name: Sunette) has ...
Dictionary of Medicine (2014)
by P.H. Collin
aftercare treatment involves changing dressings and helping the patient to look after himself again 0 after-effects plural noun changes which appear only some time after the cause; the operation had some unpleasant after-effects 0 after- image noun image of an object which remains in a person's sight after the object itself has gone 0 afterpains plural noun regular pains in the uterus which are sometimes experienced after childbirth 0 aftertaste noun taste which remains in the mouth ...
by International Food Information Service
Aftertaste Agmatine Aftertaste A flavour, often unpleasant, that lingers in the mouth after a food has been swallowed. Afuega'l Pitu cheese Unpasteurized Spanish cheese usually made mainly from cow milk. Fresh red chillies are added to the cheese and more are rubbed into the rind as the cheese is allowed to mature, giving the rind a buff to deep orange colour. The rind also has a dusting of white mould. Agar Extract obtained from various species of red seaweeds belonging to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aftertaste
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aftertaste
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Aftertaste
Video shows what aftertaste means. A taste of something that persists when it is no longer present.. The persistence of the taste of something no longer present.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aftertaste!
Quotes about Aftertaste
The fathers ate the cranberries and the children are left with the aftertaste.
more quotes about aftertaste...
Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1T1A1S1T1E1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFTERTASTE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aftertaste!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aftertaste to see it in context!