On this page:
Definition of the noun afterworld
What does afterworld mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: afterworlds
- the place where you are after you die
Alternative definition of the noun afterworld
- [British] A supposed world that is entered after death.
Afterworld is a computer-animated American science fiction television series created by writer Brent V. Friedman and artist/filmmaker Michael DeCourcey. Its naturalistic future setting, modeled after traditional Western movie motifs, presents an atypical science fiction backdrop for the narrative. Friedman served as executive producer, along with Stan Rogow.
- begun on (8 years ago)
- 130 episodes of 3 minutes each
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genres: Science Fiction, Mystery, Animation, Drama
- award: - ASTRA Awards for Most Outstanding Use of Technology nomination for SF
- official website: afterworld.tv
"Afterworld" is a book by Christine Garren.
- "Afterworld" is a song by American alternative metal band CKY, featured on the soundtrack album to the 2010 comedy film Jackass 3D. The song is the first by the band to feature Chad I Ginsburg on lead vocals, replacing regular lead vocalist Deron Miller. It is also the first track to be released since bassist Matt Deis left the band in 2010 and was replaced by Matt "Matty J" Janaitis. "Afterworld" was released as a digital download-only single on iTunes and Amazon.com on September 29, 2010, backed with an acoustic version of "The Era of an End" from Carver City.
- "AfterWorld" is a musical album of Mars Lasar.
- released on
- "Afterworld" is a composition.
- music by Weirdo
Afterworld is a musical group.
- albums: "Connecting Animals", "Dark Side of Mind"
- official website: www.afterworld.cjb.net
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Afterworld
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Garden and the Fire (2013)
Heaven and Hell in Islamic Culture by Nerina Rustomji
Strangely, the afterlife is part ofthe future, but the afterworld is a place that can be brought near during apocalyptic time: “one Day...
What Is of God and What Isn't by Bill Myers, David Wimbish
And they are told the afterworld is a peaceful, happy place ...
Guidelines and Standards for Evidence-Based Care by Jennifer V. Long, CRNA, CRNP, MS
The afterworld is an underworld and is entered through the hole of emergence from which the first Navajo people came forth at the beginning of time. The afterworld is like life on earth and the inhabitants live the same way the living Navajos ...
LYRICAL BIBLE (2011)
by GREGORY VON LEE
The afterworld is a white light for a split second, and your soul finds another shell.
The Afterlife Unveiled (2011)
What the Dead are Telling Us About Their World by Stafford Betty
The Afterworld is a broad-based society of every conceivable kind of person, most of them flawed and incomplete in some way or another. Many are no more ...
by Ellen M. Dolan, Sue D. Royals
The afterworld is the place where the Chinese believe they live a. when they are old. b. when they are wealthy. c. when they are dead. Drawing Conclusions 4. Emperor Qin Shi Huang was a. rich. b. cruel. c. brave. Context Clues 5. The tomb is ...
by Jack Tresidder
The afterworld was often reached by crossing a river, like the Greek Styx with its sinister ferryman, Charon. Or it might involve a sea journey, as in Oceanic and Aboriginal traditions. Sometimes it was an exclusive place (the Scandinavian ...
Dictionary of Existentialism (2013)
by Haim Gordon
The experience of the self consistsin descending into the depths of human existenceand intothe unexplored possibilitiesoftheearth, of this world;inthefinal analysis, one experiences only oneself, notthe immediacyof the divine or ofan afterworld ...
The Dictionary of Clichs (2013)
A Word Lover's Guide to 4,000 Overused Phrases and Almost-Pleasing Platitudes by Christine Ammer
This expression originated in the United Statesinthe 1930s and became popular afterWorld WarII, when American tourists began to use it for any foreign currency as well. Itis somewhat derogatory, implying that foreign money isnotas “real” or ...
4-volume set by Hans J. Hillerbrand
Gradually afterWorld War II many Bible institutes and colleges emergedfrom theiralmost exclusive emphasis on Bible studies and developedinto accredited colleges ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afterworld
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Afterworld
Photo credit: kohlmann.sascha
Video about Afterworld
Video shows what afterworld means. A supposed world that is entered after death.. Afterworld Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Afterworld!
Scrabble value of A1F4T1E1R1W4O1R1L1D2
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afterworld to see it in context!