On this page:
Definition of the noun agamogenesis
What does agamogenesis mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: agamogeneses
- reproduction without the fusion of gametes
- lexical domain: Natural Processes - nouns denoting natural processes
- synonym of agamogenesis: asexual reproduction
- more generic word: reproduction = the process of generating offspring
- more specific terms:
- apomixis = any of several kinds of reproduction without fertilization
- blastogenesis = asexual reproduction by budding
- budding = reproduction of some unicellular organisms (such as yeasts) by growth and specialization followed by the separation by constriction of a part of the parent
- fission = reproduction of some unicellular organisms by division of the cell into two more or less equal parts
- fissiparity = reproduction of some multicellular organisms by division, as in the case of some starfish
- monogenesis / sporulation = asexual reproduction by the production and release of spores
- parthenogenesis / parthenogeny / virgin birth = human conception without fertilization by a man
- pullulation / gemmation = asexual reproduction in which a local growth on the surface or in the body of the parent becomes a separate individual
Alternative definition of the noun agamogenesis
- asexual reproduction
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for agamogenesis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
lower forms of life, agamo- genesis is the common and predominant mode of reproduction, while gamogencsia >ia exceptional; on the contrary, in many of the higher, while gamogenesis is the rule, agamogenesis is an occasional exception.
International Conference on Life System Modeling, and Simulation, LSMS 2007, Shanghai, China, September 14-17, 2007. Proceedings by Dr. Kang Li
Agamogenesis is a genetic mode of the low-grade biology, with short genetic cycle in each generation. Its genetic process is simpler than that of gamogenesis.
In which the Characteristics that Distinguish the Different Classes, Genera, and Species are Combined with a Variety of Interesting Information Illustrative of the Habits, Instincts, and General Economy of the Animal Kingdom by Samuel Maunder
Agamogenesis (Gamogenesis. Supplement. ACTINOTROCHA. A generic name given by J. Mtlller to a marine animalcule, which is in all probability the larva of an Echmoderm allied to the common Sea- urchin. The creature is about the l-40th ...
agamogenesis (ah-gam-o-jen'es-is) (Gr. a priv., + 3 duos marriage + yéveats birth]. Reproduction without sexual congress. agar, agar-agar (ag'ar, ag'ar-agar) [Singhalesel. A glue-like substance prepared from certain ...
by Peter Reuter
Agamogenese / asexual reproduction, agamogenesis, agamogony. agamogenetisch adj. agamogenetic. reproducing asexually. Agamogonie / asexual reproduction, agamogenesis. agamogony. Agar m/nt agar, gelose; agar, agar medium, ...
by D.C. Wareham
AGAMOGENESIS Asexual reproduction such as PARTHENOGENESIS. AGGREGATE; AGGREGATION An assemblage of from several to many members of the same species amassed in the same place.
by David Bedworth, Albert E Bedworth
AGAMOGENESIS 1. A form of reproduction as in budding. 2. Asexual reproduction q.v. 3. Parthenogenesis q.v. AGAPE 1.
Midline Medical Dictionary (2002)
by P. S. Rawat
fams-fatrāt Agamogenesis. Reproduction without fecundation. 3rit: TRTH, afâa E-HHH sift-ia, siRi 'THH, stagf SeaRI Agamous. Without sexual organs; agamic. 3rgrait, 3.faa'; GITH" # #RT Aganglionic.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for agamogenesis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about agamogenesis
Video shows what agamogenesis means. asexual reproduction. Agamogenesis Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
Scrabble value of A1G2A1M3O1G2E1N1E1S1I1S1
The value of this 12-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of agamogenesis to find many related words and phrases!