On this page:
- Definition of the noun agape
- Definition of the adjective agape
- Definition of the adverb agape
- Phrases with Agape
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agape
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agape
- Photos about Agape
- Videos about Agape
- Sign language
- Quotes about Agape
- Scrabble value of A1G2A1P3E1
- Anagrams of AGAPE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun agape
What does agape mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: agapae / agapai (variant) / agapes (variant)
- (Christian theology) the love of God or Christ for mankind
- selfless love of one person for another without sexual implications (especially love that is spiritual in nature)
- a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship
Alternative definition of the noun agape
- [Christianity] the love of God for mankind, or the benevolent love of Christians for others.
- spiritual, altruistic, beneficial love which wills good for other.
- a love feast, especially one held in the early Christian Church in connection with the eucharist.
Definition of the adjective agape
What does agape mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- with the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe
Alternative definition of the adjective agape
- Being in a state of astonishment, wonder, expectation, or eager attention; as with mouth hanging open.
- open wide.
Definition of the adverb agape
What does agape mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- In a state of astonishment, wonder, expectation, or eager attention.
- open wide.
AGAPE is an Aviation waypoint.
- Agape a.k.a. Agapé is a musical group.
- albums: "Zboř každou hráz", "Dokonalé město", "Jsem Ti blízko"
- official website: www.3pe.cz/index.php?page=osob_kareldiskografie
- Agape is a musical group.
- album: "Agape - Second EP"
- "Agape" a.k.a. "Agápē" is the second mixtape by American pop-R&B singer JoJo. It is of EP length, unlike the previous mixtape. The mixtape was announced in early November 2012. JoJo recorded material specifically intended for the mixtape as she did not want to keep her fans waiting for new music any longer. Released on her 22nd birthday on December 20, 2012, it marked the follow-up to her 2010 mixtape Can't Take That Away from Me, which spawned the single and video for "In the Dark". The mixtape's first single "We Get By" was released for free online on November 15, 2012 on JoJo's official Soundcloud with a limited number of downloads, with JoJo stating that "there's a limit on the download because we want you to download the entire mixtape once it's released". She recorded the song with a group of her friends known as The Backpackkids who all got together to create what they call "genre-less music".
- "Agape" is Zhang Liyin's third overall single, released on August 2, 2014 in China and August 6 in Korea. The song is dedicated to the victims of the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake. Co-written by Zhang Liyin and Taiwanese lyricist Tina Wang, the song is about a mother who allows her child to live at the expense of her own life. The single's B-side track "Back Then" is a cover of the title song from Taiwanese film You Are the Apple of My Eye.
- "Agape" is a musical album of Lantlôs.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Agape" a.k.a. "Agapē" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by Ritsuko Okazaki
- "Agape" is a musical EP of Bear's Den.
- released on
- "Agape" is a musical album of Rick Cassidy.
- released on (5 years ago)
"Agape" is a 2007 short drama film written and directed by Slobodan Maksimović.
- country: Slovenia
- language: Slovene language
- director: Slobodan Maksimović
- producer: Jožica Blatnik
- written by Slobodan Maksimović
- cinematography by Sven Pepeonik
- edited by Jurij Moškon
- music by Saša Lošić
- costume design by Alenka Korla
- genre: Drama
- released in (9 years ago)
Phrases with Agape
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agape
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Learning to Love Ourselves (2015)
by Richard Peace
Applying the Text P- Question 1: It is important for the group to grasp what the Greek word agape means and how it contrasts with other definitions of love. See C. S. Lewis' book The Four Loves for more insight into this definition. One test of a ...
AGAPE eternal gifts of Christ. AFRICAN LITURGY Generally attributed to St. Ambrose (c. An extinct Latin Rite liturgy in use in 340-397) it was divided, possibly in the North Africa prior to the Arab invasion tenth century, to provide hymns for ...
Pop, Rock, and Worship by Don Cusic
Agape was one of the pioneers in Jesus Rock; formed in 1968 after the conversion of lead singer Fred Caban at a coffeehouse in Huntington Beach, California, the group, whose hard rock sound was reminiscent of Grand Funk Railroad, ...
by Leon Klenicki, Geoffrey Wigoder
Agape, whose infinitive is agapan, is the Greek translation of the Hebrew āhab, which in English is "love." Although it was not the most frequent Greek word for love, in the New Testament it is used so often that it becomes almost a technical ...
by Paul F. Bradshaw
Adventist Worship see Seventh-Day Adventist Worship African-American Worship see Black Worship 2 Agape This Greek word for love or charity (or in this case 'love-feast') has been a prominent theme in much Christian thought and practice ...
Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference
* AGAPE. adv. [from a and gape.) Staring with eagerness; as, a bird gapes for ...
by Alan Richardson, John Bowden
MCKEATING Agape Agape (love) is commonly viewed as the primary requirement and guide for conduct and character in Christian ethics. Its biblical basis ...
Dictionary of Homonyms (2007)
by David Rothwell
' agape. Agape...
The first, agape, rhymes with 'rape' or 'crape' and is normally used as an adjective signifying a mouth wide open in amazement : ...
Containing an Elaborate Account of the Rise and Progress of Freemasonry and Its Kindred Associations--ancient and Modern : Also, Definitions of the Technical Terms Used by the Fraternity by Robert Macoy
AGAPE. Love-feast. A banquet of charity, among the early Christians. St. Chrysostom thus describes its origin and purpose ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agape
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agape
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: globalreset
Photo credit: naotakem
Photo credit: colecamp
A few photos taken on a lovely sunny wander round Kirkstall Abbey
Photo credit: Llamaalex
- Salty agape
Photo credit: Aaron Gustafson
- Agape chloropyga (Yellow tiger moth)
Agape chloropyga with some damage on its dorsal surface. The moth expired about an hour after this image was taken in Cairns, Queensland.
Photo credit: Graham Winterflood
- Agape Vespers
St Peter & Paul at Burr Ridge, IL
Photo credit: Lotzman Katzman
- Agape - Love on the canal
Photo credit: Michael C Clark
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Agape
Click on an item to play that video:
- Agape Meaning
Video shows what agape means. Being in a state of astonishment, wonder, expectation, or eager attention; as with mouth hanging open.. wide open.. agape ...
- The Vocabulary of Faith - Agape Christian Center - Dr John Pelizzari
Sermon by Dr John Pelizzari at Agape Christian Center.
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Agape, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
- Agape English Language Institute (Captions)
View more videos about Agape love.
See also the pronunciation examples of Agape!
Agape sign language worship at CBCOC
Quotes about Agape
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'agape"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1G2A1P3E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGAPE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agape!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agape to see it in context!