Aged appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Degas, are we not drawn onward, we freer few, drawn onward to new eras aged?
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective aged
- Definition of the noun aged
- Definition of the verb aged
- Other definitions of aged
- Phrases with Aged
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aged
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aged
- Photos about Aged
- Video language resources about Aged
- Sign language
- Quotes about Aged
- Scrabble value of A1G2E1D2
- Anagrams of AGED
- Share this page
The word aged is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective aged
What does aged mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more aged / most aged
- advanced in years; (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables)
- at an advanced stage of erosion (pronounced as one syllable)
- example: aged rocks
- similar: worn
- having attained a specific age; (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)
- of wines, fruit, cheeses; having reached a desired or final condition; (`aged' pronounced as one syllable)
- (used of tobacco) aging as a preservative process (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)
Alternative definition of the adjective aged
- See Old.
- Undergone the effects of time, improving as a result.
Definition of the noun aged
What does aged mean as a name of something?
- people who are old collectively
Definition of the verb aged
What does aged mean as a doing word?
- past of age
Other definitions of aged
What does aged also mean?
- Having the age of.
Phrases with Aged
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aged
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Social, Cultural, and Historical Perspectives by Scott C. Martin
There is also a single rye whiskey, Jim Beam Rye (aged four years, 80 proof); a white whiskey called Jacob's Ghost (aged one year; 80 proof, filtered); a blended whiskey called Beam Eight Star (80 proof, mostly neutral spirits); and several ...
Barclay's English Dictionary. With which is incorporated a complete modern gazetteer, a beautiful atlas of maps and also a pronouncing dictionary (1822)
by James Barclay (Curate of Edmonton.), William SHORTON
Robert, natural and experimental philosophy and theology, aged64, 1691 Baxter, Richard, divinity, aged 76, .
With Topical Index by W. E. Vine, Merrill Unger
AGED A. Nouns. 1. presbutes (4246), “an elderly man,” is a longer form of presbus, the comparative degree of which is presbuteros, “a senior, elder,” both of which, as also the verb presbeuo, “to be elder, to be an ambassador,” are derived ...
Volume 5: Language by Michael Montgomery, Ellen Johnson
percent of the population aged 5 years and older, reported using French at home. However, other immigrant languages also figure prominently in the 2000 census reports on individual ...
Answering at Once the Purposes of Rhyming, Spelling, and Pronouncing. On a Plan Not Hitherto Attempted ... To which is Prefixed a Copious Introduction to the Various Uses of the Work ... and for the Purposes of Poetry is Added an Index of Allowable Rhymes by John Walker
Aged. Old, a. Mid-dle-aged Placed ; with respe&t to years, the middle of life ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aged
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aged
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aged
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aged Meaning
Video shows what aged means. Old.. Undergone the effects of time, improving as a result.. aged pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- Nic aged 3 Tusken Raider Explanation...
Nic aged 3 Tusken Raider Explanation...This was taken 15 Dec 2006.
- Pioneering internet language computer programmer dies aged 75
SHOTLIST November 26, 1994 1. Street scene during campaign 2. SOUNDBITE: (English) Kristen Nygaard, professor: "First and most of all, people have to vote, ...
- Video Presentation: Language Disorders School Aged Children
A brief demonstration of a lesson plan for a school-aged child with a language disorder.
- CERAN Language courses for students aged between 9 and 18 - English
CERAN organises a summer language school for young people during the school holidays. Courses are available in Belgium or in England in complete ...
- School Aged Language Technology Teaching Tool
- CERAN Language courses for adults aged 18 and above - English
An immersion course implies learning a new language within a minimum amount of time. Take an immersion course and make rapid progress in Arabic, Dutch, ...
- The language of children aged 4 months cute baby funny
View more videos about aged R-value.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aged!
Lucas sign language - Makaton aged 2
lucas age 2.
Quotes about Aged
Scrabble value of A1G2E1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Aged!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aged to see it in context!