The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun aggravation:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun aggravation
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aggravation
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aggravation
- Photos about Aggravation
- Video language resources about Aggravation
- Quotes about Aggravation
- Scrabble value of A1G2G2R1A1V4A1T1I1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aggravation
What does aggravation mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aggravations
- an exasperated feeling of annoyance
- unfriendly behavior that causes anger or resentment
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of aggravation: irritation / provocation
- more generic word: aggression = deliberately unfriendly behavior
- more specific terms:
- action that makes a problem or a disease (or its symptoms) worse
Alternative definition of the noun aggravation
- The act of aggravating, or making worse; used of evils, natural or moral; the act of increasing in severity or heinousness; something additional to a crime or wrong and enhancing its guilt or injurious consequences.
- Exaggerated representation.
- An extrinsic circumstance or accident which increases the guilt of a crime or the misery of a calamity.
- Aggravation is a board game for up to six players, whose object is to be the first player to have all four playing pieces reach the player's home section of the board. The game's name comes from the action of capturing an opponent's piece by landing on its space, which is known as "aggravating".
- publishers: Parker Brothers, Milton Bradley Company
- "Aggravation" is a video game.
- developer: Cutlass Software
- genre: Strategy video game
- publisher: Cutlass Software
- "Aggravation" is a musical album of Treponem Pal.
- released on (24 years ago)
- "Aggravation" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Ray Davies
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aggravation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Clinical Homoeopathy (2002)
by Anton Jayasuriya
Medicinal Aggravations: Medicinal aggravation is the appearance of some new symptoms in the patient, which have no...
Disease Aggravations: Disease aggravation is a progressive deterioration in the health of the patient.
Homeopathy, Healing and You (1999)
by Vinton McCabe
An aggravation is a temporary increase in symptoms before these symptoms fall away. Although...
Progress in Drug Research / Fortschritte der Arzneimittelforschung / Progrès des recherches pharmaceutiques (2013)
Arrhythmia aggravation is the most serious side effect associated with flecainide use and has been reported in up to 20% of...
by J. D. Patil
Besides these functional symptoms there are the symptoms of syphilitic affections of the bone as ulceration and carries where the throbbing pain and nightly aggravation is the indicating factors. General organ affection Bones, GI. system, ...
by Barry C. Feld, Donna M. Bishop
Aggravation refers to the developmental sequence in offending ...
by Diane Stein
An aggravation is a worsening of symptoms for a short period of time, before the dis~ease symptoms suddenly clear or start getting better (ameliorate). In a 30C remedy, the aggravation usually lasts less than half an hour, with a temporary ...
Quick Reference by Stephen Michael Sheppard
AGGRAVATION (AGGRAVATED OR AGGRAVATING) A condition that increases the severity of an offense or civil injury. See also: ASSAULT , CRIMINAL BATTERY , AGGRAVATED ASSAULT; BATTERY , AGGRAVATED BATTERY; INJURY, ...
by Tony Thorne
See also alley aggravation nBritish serious trouble, victimisation or mutual harassment. Acolloquial extensionofthe standardmeaning ofthe word, used bypoliceand the underworld. Aggravation is, like bother and seeingto, a typical example of ...
by René David
Thus, FRANCE recognises the right to claim a supplementary indemnity where the plaintiff's physical condition deteriorates, because aggravation of a damage can be regarded as a distinct cause of action,283 but an increase in the cost of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aggravation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aggravation
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: otakuchick
- Aggravation de l'Espace
Photo credit: 5chw4r7z
- After Carpal-tunnel Aggravation
Photo credit: cartoongoddess
- Slight Aggravation
Clearly, those specs aren't for you, Katie.
Photo credit: Peter Gene
- Helping us play Aggravation.
Dalek mug in the background :)
Photo credit: tadt3
- Before Carpal-tunnel Aggravation
Photo credit: cartoongoddess
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aggravation
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aggravation Meaning
Video shows what aggravation means. The act of aggravating, or making worse; used of evils, natural or moral; the act of increasing in severity or heinousness; ...
- Understanding the Definition of Aggravation, Exaccerbation & Apportionment in IMEs
For Additional Information, Visit...
- The Definition of Aggravation
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Aggravation
The World's fastest and easiest Movie Dictionary! Intermediate vocabulary available for all people to enjoy! Watch it now...the new learning experience...The Y.K. ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Aggravation!
Quotes about Aggravation
Scrabble value of A1G2G2R1A1V4A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 11-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aggravation to see it in context!