Agnostic appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- To get a ripe piratic illicit song, add one more hot reviver to hero-men – odd, agnostic, illicit – a ripe pirate got.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun agnostic:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun agnostic
- Definition of the adjective agnostic
- Phrases with Agnostic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agnostic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agnostic
- Photos about Agnostic
- Video language resources about Agnostic
- Quotes about Agnostic
- Scrabble value of A1G2N1O1S1T1I1C3
- Anagrams of AGNOSTIC
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun agnostic
What does agnostic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: agnostics
- someone who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
- a person who claims that they cannot have true knowledge about the existence of God (but does not deny that God might exist)
Alternative definition of the noun agnostic
- A person who holds to a form of agnosticism, especially uncertainty of the existence of a deity.
Definition of the adjective agnostic
What does agnostic mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or pertaining to an agnostic or agnosticism
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- uncertain of all claims to knowledge
Alternative definition of the adjective agnostic
- Of or relating to agnosticism or its adherents.
- Doubtful or uncertain about the existence or demonstrability of God or other deity.
- [context: computing] A software component (or other entity) that is unaware or noncommittal regarding the specific nature of the components with which it interacts; polymorphic; modular; pluggable
- [context: usually with a prepositional phrase] Having no firmly held opinions on an issue or matter of uncertainty.
Definition of the adjective agnostic for high school students
- believing that the existence of God cannot be proven or disproven
- example: Joey's parents are very religious, but he is agnostic.
The adjective agnostic is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
"Agnostic" is a composition.
- music by Graham Fitkin
Phrases with Agnostic
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agnostic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Geoffrey Parrinder
Agnostic was the name demanded by Professor Huxley for those who disclaimed atheism, and believed with him in an 'unknown and unknowable' God; or in other words that the ultimate ...
by Adrian Room
aggressiveness see aggression agnostic/ atheist An agnostic is someone who holds that it is impossible to know...
there is no God: 'The word agnostic was invented by the 19th-century biologist T.H. Huxley,' 'By night an atheist half believes a ...
by Sherwood Thompson
The negative agnostic prefers to suspend judgment. The Jamesian Objection to Agnosticism Of the many objections to agnosticism, only one can be considered here. William James's “The Will to Believe” (1897/2009) argues that individuals ...
by David Padua
Agnostic Routing As stated above, direct topologies and multistage networks are often ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agnostic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agnostic
Click on an item to view that photo:
An Agnostic's view
Photo credit: mikebroatch
View more pictures about Agnostic Front.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Agnostic
Click on an item to play that video:
- Agnostic Meaning
Video shows what agnostic means. A person who holds to a form of agnosticism, especially uncertainty of the existence of a deity.. agnostic pronunciation.
- Definition of Agnosticism (Re:Jeff Jarvis: Technology is Agnostic)
An adequate description of what the word 'Agnostic' means. (also a video response to Jeff Jarvis: Technology is Agnosic) Big think video: ...
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Agnostic, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
- Wall Street Jargon: "Agnostic"- Father O'Callahan and His Account Executive Square Off
- Punisher dictionary- agnostic
- Description of Paradise for Atheist Atheists Agnostic Richard Dawkins
View more videos about Vendor Agnostic.
See also the pronunciation examples of Agnostic!
Quotes about Agnostic
Scrabble value of A1G2N1O1S1T1I1C3
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGNOSTIC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Agnostic!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agnostic to see it in context!