The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun agriculturist:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun agriculturist
- Definition of the adjective agriculturist
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agriculturist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agriculturist
- Photos about Agriculturist
- Video about Agriculturist
- Scrabble value of A1G2R1I1C3U1L1T1U1R1I1S1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun agriculturist
What does agriculturist mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: agriculturists
- someone concerned with the science or art or business of cultivating the soil
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of agriculturist: agriculturalist / cultivator / grower / raiser
- more generic words: farmer / granger / husbandman / sodbuster = a person who operates a farm
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun agriculturist
- One who practices agriculture, a farmer, a gardener.
Definition of the adjective agriculturist
What does agriculturist mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Of or pertaining to agriculture or agriculturists.
- Agriculturist a.k.a. Farmer: A farmer is a person engaged in agriculture, raising living organisms for food or raw materials. The term usually applies to people who do some combination of raising field crops, orchards, vineyards, poultry, or other livestock. A farmer might own the farmed land or might work as a labourer on land owned by others, but in advanced economies, a farmer is usually a farm owner, while employees of the farm are known as farm workers, or farmhands. However, in the not so distant past a farmer was a person who promotes or improves the growth of by labor and attention, land or crops or raises animals.
- also known as Lantbrukare, Peladang/Penternak, مزارع, Lauksaimnieks, Farmář, Chủ trang trại, Farmár, Agricultor, Granger, เกษตรกร, Földműves, Boer, Landmand, Agriculteur, 農夫
- Agriculturist is a profession.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Agriculturist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas Perronet Thompson
That the agriculturist is the manufacturer's best friend. A. The manufacturer's best friend is ...
in the present state of the Island's economy, and the main problem which concerns the agriculturist is the selection of suitable lands for both crops, or to try to grow them together in association on the same lands, where conditions permit.
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
Thebutterandcheese safe, ahexagonal version for thedairy, described in theAmerican Agriculturist in December1875, stored stoneware crocksof milk and cream away from dust and insects. Workers couldreach the contents by rotating ...
by Dr. Baljit Singh
agriculturist 19 agriculturist n. one skilled in agnculture science. agronomy n. science of agriculture; rural economy. aground adv. in the ground, in a stranded condition. ague n. malaria. ah int. expressing surprise, joy, pity, complaint. objection ...
by Carla Emery
American Agriculturist, 5227 BBaltimore ...
by Keir Brooks Sterling
Botanist, agriculturist. FAMILY AND EDUCATION Son of Henry Ravenel, a physician, and Catherine Stevens Ravenel.
by William Mark McKinney, David Shephard Garland
agriculturist. has. been. defined. as. a. student. of. the. AGTS. —Agts. is. an. abbreviation. for. the. word. “ agents.” 1°. AID-—AIDING. —. In. ordinary. acceptation. to. aid. means. to. help;. to. support;. to assist; to sustain; to succor, or to relieve.
New Series by Winfield Scott Downs
Rankin built up "The Southern Agriculturist" into one of the most influential and best known farm journals in America, now enjoying a circulation of over 800,000 subscribers.
In which the Words are Explained in the Order of Their Natural Affinity, Independent of Alphabetical Arrangement; and the Signification of Each is Traced from Its Etymology ... to which are Added, an Introduction, Containing a New Grammar of the Language, and an Alphabetical Index, for the Ease of Consultation by David Booth
agriculturist,. or. the. gardener. Generally. speaking,. all. those. animals. are. Wild . that have not been domesticated; but we apply the epithet Wild more particularly to such Animals, or species of Animals, of which there are individuals or ...
Embracing All the Most Recent Discoveries in Agricultural Chemistry by Cuthbert William Johnson
This property of the roots is the best character of distinction for the purpose of the agriculturist, as it may be found at any season or stage of growth of the plant. The Agrostis canina, var. mutica, Awnless variety of brown bent; Trichodium ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Agriculturist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Agriculturist
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Agriculturist
Video shows what agriculturist means. One who practices agriculture, a farmer, a gardener.. Agriculturist Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary ...
Scrabble value of A1G2R1I1C3U1L1T1U1R1I1S1T1
The value of this 13-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Agriculturist to see it in context!