On this page:
Definition of the noun ague grass
What does ague grass mean as a name of something?
- colicroot having a scurfy or granuliferous perianth and white flowers; southeastern United States
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Aletris farinosa
- synonym of ague grass: ague root
- more generic terms: colic root / colicroot / crow corn / star grass / unicorn root = any of several perennials of the genus Aletris having grasslike leaves and bitter roots reputed to cure colic
- member of: Aletris / genus Aletris = small genus of bitter-rooted herbs of eastern North America and Asia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ague grass
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Carole J. Skelly
ague grass ague root bitter grass.
Used in Food, Drugs and Cosmetics by Ikhlas A. Khan, Ehab A. Abourashed
Common/vernacular names: Ague grass, ague root, aletris, blazing star, colic root, stargrass, starwort, true unicorn root, unicorn root, and whitetube stargrass.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ague grass
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of ague grass to find many related words and phrases!