On this page:
Definition of the noun ague grass
What does ague grass mean as a name of something?
- colicroot having a scurfy or granuliferous perianth and white flowers; southeastern United States
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Aletris alba / species Aletris alba / Aletris lucida / species Aletris lucida / Aletris farinosa
- synonym of ague grass: ague root
- more generic terms: colic root / colicroot / crow corn / star grass / unicorn root = any of several perennials of the genus Aletris having grasslike leaves and bitter roots reputed to cure colic
- member of: Aletris / genus Aletris = small genus of bitter-rooted herbs of eastern North America and Asia
- geographic area: North America
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ague grass
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Carole J. Skelly
ague grass ague root bitter grass.
Subjective health care viewed with an objective eye by Joseph Segen
See Herbal medicine, Musketshot water Agropyron repens Popularly known as couch grass, see there ague grass Colicroot, Aletris farinosa ague root Colicroot, see there, Aletris farinosa ague tree Sassafras, see there, Sassafras albidum ...
Used in Food, Drugs and Cosmetics by Ikhlas A. Khan, Ehab A. Abourashed
Common/vernacular names: Ague grass, ague root, aletris, blazing star, colic root, stargrass, starwort, true unicorn root, unicorn root, and whitetube stargrass.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ague grass
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of ague grass to find many related words and phrases!