On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun air duct
What does air duct mean as a name of something?
- a duct that provides ventilation (as in mines)
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of air duct: air passage / airway
- more generic word: duct = an enclosed conduit for a fluid
- more specific terms:
- register = an air passage (usually in the floor or a wall of a room) for admitting or excluding heated air from the room
- snorkel breather / schnorchel / schnorkel / breather / snorkel = air passage provided by a retractable device containing intake and exhaust pipes
- upcast = air passage consisting of a ventilation shaft through which air leaves a mine
- ventilation shaft = a shaft in a building
- part: vent-hole / blowhole / venthole / vent = a hole for the escape of gas or air
Alternative definition of the noun air duct
- A duct, through which air is forced or extracted, that forms part of a building's air conditioning and ventilation system.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for air duct
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John J. McKetta Jr
In the majority of cases there are low-pressure installations when the air pressure is relatively close to the atmospheric pressure and its density may be taken as a constant, equal to: 1-2 kg/m\ The air duct system may be built either from metal ...
by Howard Patterson
Air Duct. A pipe leading air from the blower to the ash pit. Air Gauge. An instrument attached to an air duct to register the pressure therein. V Air Pump. That pump which removes air and water of condensation from the condenser. Air Valve.
Ultimate Visual Dictionary (2017)
Fuel tank Cabin air duct Main air duct Emergency exit unit ...
by Alireza Bahadori, Scott T. Smith
Air Duct Ducts, usually made of sheet metal, that carry cooled or heated air to all rooms. Air Filters Adhesive filters made of metal or various fibres that are coated with an adhesive liquid to which particles of lint and dust adhere. These filters will ...
Bildwörterbuch Maschinenbau und Elektrotechnik by Heinz K. Flack, Georg Möllerke
Geblase air duct Luftkanal air ...
by Francis D. K. Ching
Also called air duct. ductwork A system of ducts, connectors, and dampers for conveying airina heating, ventilating, or air-conditioning system. Also called ducting. return grille Agrillethrough which return airis withdrawn from an air- conditioned ...
by Henry J. Cowan, Peter R. Smith, W. K. Chow
air duct See DUCT (b). air entrainment The process of air or gases being drawn into a fire, plume or jet. air felting Forming a ...
by Nikolas Davies, Erkki Jokiniemi
air-conditioning duct an air duct used in an air -conditioning installation. air-conditioning unit, air-handling unit; a piece of mechanical services equipment for treating air and conveying clean air into a space ...
Biographical, Historical, and Descriptive by Russell Sturgis
The hot air duct, of course, is connected with the housing of the " hot coil," while the cold duct connects with the housing of the "cold coil," lower SH. The air and pressure in the heating chamber is common to both sets of ducts, so that, if one ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for air duct
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about air duct
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Air Duct
Photo credit: haven't the slightest
- Halloween air duct
Photo credit: Scott McLeod
- Air Duct Generator
Photo credit: jgurbisz
- Air Duct Art
Photo credit: dmott9
- Tube Air Duct, Pimlico - London.
Ventilates the underground Victoria line between Pimlico and Victoria stations.
Photo credit: Jim Linwood
- Air duct and film crew
The KCDC film crew on the third floor, Canadian Light Source synchrotron
Photo credit: Canadian Light Source synchrotron
- Air Duct installation in Tokyo
Photo credit: Azchael
- Air Duct: New Steam Works Space at DePaul Prep
Photo credit: danxoneil
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about air duct
Air duct Meaning
Video shows what air duct means. A duct, through which air is forced or extracted, that forms part of a building's air conditioning and ventilation system.. Air duct ...
See also the pronunciation examples of air duct!
Anagrams of AIR DUCT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of air duct!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of air duct to see it in context!