On this page:
Definition of the noun air passage
What does air passage mean as a name of something?
- a duct that provides ventilation (as in mines)
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of air passage: air duct / airway
- more generic word: duct = an enclosed conduit for a fluid
- more specific terms:
- register = an air passage (usually in the floor or a wall of a room) for admitting or excluding heated air from the room
- snorkel breather / schnorchel / schnorkel / breather / snorkel = air passage provided by a retractable device containing intake and exhaust pipes
- upcast = air passage consisting of a ventilation shaft through which air leaves a mine
- ventilation shaft = a shaft in a building
- part: vent-hole / blowhole / venthole / vent = a hole for the escape of gas or air
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for air passage
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David A. Bedworth, Albert E. Bedworth
AIR PASSAGE the nose or mouth to the bronchioles q.v. 2. Airway. 3. A 1. Any of several tubes that convey air from part of the respiratory system ...
by Daniel Jones, Beverley Collins, Inger M. Mees
The air passage is completely closed and then opened, so that the air escapes suddenly, making a kind of explosive sound. (a). The bi- labial plosives p, b, are formed by the two lips. (b). The dental plosives t, d, are formed ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
air chief marshal Air gunshot—pellet Airhole—vent Air hostess, for example— cabin crew Air inlet of jet engine—intake Air journey arranged for a group— chartered flight Air passage—duct Air passage of lungs—bronchi Air pollution— smog ...
by Philip D. Morehead
3,(air passage) airpipe, air shaft, airway; ...
luftudsugningssted Luftauslaß т Luftaustritt т salida de aire f sortie f d'air uscita f dell'aria levegö kilépés luchtuitlaat т wylot т powietrza выпуск т воздуха poistoilma-aukko luftutsläpp n air passage luftgennemgang Luftdurchgang т conducto ...
by Daniel Jones, Peter Roach, James Hartman
ll Most laterals are produced with the air passage to both sides of the obstruction (they are'bilateral'), but sometimes we find ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for air passage
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about air passage
If you need images about air passage for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Anagrams of AIR PASSAGE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of air passage!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of air passage to find many related words and phrases!