The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun airdrome:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun airdrome
What does airdrome mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airdromes
- an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of airdrome: aerodrome / airport / drome
- more generic terms: airfield / field / flying field / landing field = a place where planes take off and land
- more specific word: heliport = an airport for helicopters
- instance: Kennedy International Airport / Kennedy International / Kennedy = a large airport on Long Island to the east of New York City
- repair shed / airdock / hangar = a large structure at an airport where aircraft can be stored and maintained
- airport terminal / air terminal = a terminal that serves air travelers or air freight
- control tower = a tower with an elevated workspace enclosed in glass for the visual observation of aircraft around an airport
Alternative definition of the noun airdrome
- A location where aircraft are operated. Usually with a runway and maintenance facilities.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for airdrome
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Coverage from the Battlefield to the Home Front by The New York Times
the Maleme airdrome and Canea and leaving fires that were visible thirty miles away. AXIS REINFORCED FROM MALEME The Maleme airdrome is the chief.
by Edy G. Schaffer
to pilots NOTAM obsolete CANARD opening for missile BOMB BAY pilotless DRONE pilot's place COCKPIT propeller PROP, ROTOR, AIRSCREW recovery from a dive PULLOUT runner for landing SKID shed/shelter HANGAR, AIRDROME.
Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)
A Loose-leaf and Self-revising Reference Work ; with Illustrations and Ninety-six Maps
RAILWAY MOUNTED NAVAL GUN ASBESTOS-COVERED PIPEs PLATE D, TWELVE-INCH MORTAR GUN AIRDROME PLATE E, 16-INCH HOWITZER AGRICULTURE—THRESHING CAPRONI AIRPLANE AGRICULTURE— PLOWING ...
With Words Defined So that They Can be Easily Understood by William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for airdrome
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about airdrome
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about airdrome
Video shows what airdrome means. A location where aircraft are operated. Usually with a runway and maintenance facilities.. Airdrome Meaning. How to ...
Scrabble value of A1I1R1D2R1O1M3E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRDROME
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of airdrome!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of airdrome to find many related words and phrases!