The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun airdrome:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun airdrome
What does airdrome mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airdromes
- an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of airdrome: aerodrome / airport / drome
- more generic terms: airfield / field / flying field / landing field = a place where planes take off and land
- more specific word: heliport = an airport for helicopters
- instance: Kennedy International Airport / Kennedy International / Kennedy = a large airport on Long Island to the east of New York City
- repair shed / airdock / hangar = a large structure at an airport where aircraft can be stored and maintained
- airport terminal / air terminal = a terminal that serves air travelers or air freight
- control tower = a tower with an elevated workspace enclosed in glass for the visual observation of aircraft around an airport
Alternative definition of the noun airdrome
- A location where aircraft are operated. Usually with a runway and maintenance facilities.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for airdrome
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Bombers Across (2015)
by Captain Edgar J. Wynn
The airdrome is a onerunway affair. We slipped into the place without incident and left some members of the crew to supervise the refueling. Heat and the eight hours and fifteen minutes of night flying had left us exhausted, and after registering ...
by Martin Weik
airdrome control service: Synonym airport control service. air portable : Pertaining to material that is suitable for transport by an aircraft internally or externally ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
Adriatic Sea ADRIS Automatic Dead Reckoning Instrument Systems adrm airdrome ADRM Analog-to-Digital Remastering of musical recordings Adro Alejandro ADROBN Airdrome Battalion adrp airdrop adrs asset depreciation range system ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
Airdrome is practically synonymous with airport but is applied to both civil and military places, connotes the physical installation, and has been largely replaced by airport. Airfield is used of an open area of land with one or more runways and ...
by Philip D. Morehead
nonstop, direct, or multistop flight, layover, stopover, redeye; hub and spoke system; airways; airport, airfield, airdrome, jetport, heliport, flying field; gate, jetway; ground crew; landing field, landing strip, airstrip, taxiway, runway, tarmac; helipad, ...
by S. Medlik
aerodrome/airdrome See airport aerospace ...
by Paul Zollo
waltz OLVE absolve devolve dissolve evolve involve redissolve reinvolve resolve revolve solve Long OM aerodrome airdrome astrodome catacomb chrome chromosome cockscomb comb currycomb dome fluorochrome foam gastronome ...
Law Dictionary (1986)
Fachwoerterbuch der anglo-amerikanischen Rechtssprache einschliesslich wirtschaftlicher und politischer Begriffe by Dora von Beseler, Barbara Jacobs-Wüstefeld
Mitglied der Besatzung airdrome [USA] Flughafen m airdrop s [USA] Versorgung/aus der Luft airdrop vt aus der Luft versorgen; ...
by V.S. Matyushenkov
airdrome/ airfield. aeroengine esp.Br. aircraft engine: Myfather tried tojointhe RAF, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for airdrome
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about airdrome
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about airdrome
Video shows what airdrome means. A location where aircraft are operated. Usually with a runway and maintenance facilities.. Airdrome Meaning. How to ...
Scrabble value of A1I1R1D2R1O1M3E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRDROME
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of airdrome!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of airdrome to find many related words and phrases!