On this page:
- Definition of the noun airspeed
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airspeed
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airspeed
- Photos about Airspeed
- Video language resources about Airspeed
- Scrabble value of A1I1R1S1P3E1E1D2
- Anagrams of AIRSPEED
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun airspeed
What does airspeed mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airspeeds
- the speed of an aircraft relative to the air in which it is flying
- "Airspeed" is a 1998 Canadian film from Lions Gate Entertainment & Melenny Productions. In the movie, the passengers and crew of a private jet are incapacitated by an explosive decompression, except for the teenage daughter of the owner of the private jet. Their survival depends on her.
- also known as Air Speed
- countries: Canada, United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Robert Tinnell
- Elisha Cuthbert as Nicole Stone
- Joe Mantegna as Raymond Stone
- Roc LaFortune as Captain Lopez
- Larry Day as Donovan
- Lynne Adams as Marylin Stone
- Yvan Ponton as Lee 'Bickster' Biquette
- Jason Cavalier as Steiger
- Bronwen Booth as Andrea Prescott
- Gordon Masten as Frank
- Russell Yuen as Mark
- Don Jordan as Pilot Greg
- Martin Lacroix as Co-Pilot Terry
- Charles Powell as Jeff, A.T.C.
- Mélany Goudreau as Carrie
- Stéphane Lefebvre as Reynolds
- music by Normand Corbeil
- genres: Action/Adventure, Thriller, Action Film, Action Thriller, Disaster Film, Drama
- subject: Aviation
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Airspeed": In the 25 year history of the World Championships of Formation Skydiving no team has ever won gold in two of the most prestigious and dynamic events, the 4-way and 8-way. Over the course of one glorious year, the US national team dared to do such a thing, risking all to accomplish what was widely considered in the skydiving world to be impossible.
- director: Jon Griggs
- genre: Documentary film
- released on (13 years ago)
Airspeed: Join host Stephen Force for coverage of aviation and aerospace that includes general aviation, space exploration, military aviation, flight music, and a healthy dose of flying philosophy.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airspeed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
MUE 2013 by James J. Jong Hyuk Park, Joseph Kee-Yin Ng, Hwa-Young Jeong, Borgy Waluyo
Fir, airspeed is the speed of an trajectory calculation relative to the air.
Principles, Operations and Maintenance by David Wyatt
KEY POINT Indicated airspeed is the speed of an aircraft as shown on its pitot static-airspeed indicator calibrated to reflect standard atmosphere...
KEY POINT True airspeed means the airspeed of an aircraft relative to undisturbed air.
Project Seven Alpha, WWII by Leland Shanle
True airspeed is the least important speed, because it is almost always affected by the mass of air that surrounds the aircraft.
Fundamentals of Game Design (2010)
by Ernest Adams
Maximum airspeed is an attribute of an aircraft.
For example, maximum airspeed is a characterization attribute of an aircraft, while current airspeed is a status attribute. 116 FUNDAMENTALS OF GAME ...
by Randal Wilson, Arthur V. Hill, Hillel Glazer
Airspeed is the speed at which air moves over the wings. On a day without much wind, airspeed and ground speed are likely to be close. So, in the cockpit, the airspeed indicator might display 120 knots, or about 138mph, and someone on the ...
UCAWSN-14 by James J. Jong Hyuk Park, Yi Pan, Han-Chieh Chao, Gangman Yi
True airspeed (TAS) is the physical speed of the aircraft relative to the air surrounding the aircraft. The true airspeed is a vector quantity. The relationship ...
Aircraft Performance (2007)
by Maido Saarlas
The indicated airspeed is the actual instrument indication in the aircraft at any given flight condition and altitude. A number of factors contribute to the difference between the figure shown by the IAS dial and the actual true airspeed (TAS): ...
The Rise of Birds (2015)
225 Million Years of Evolution by Sankar Chatterjee
For any flying animal, fixed-wing aircraft, or helicopter, the plot of power required for level flight against airspeed is a U-shaped curve, higher at both ends than at the middle. Using the ANFLTPWR program, we generated three power curves for ...
Pilot's Reference Guide (2008)
by Michael Grossrubatscher
Airspeed is the speed of an object relative to the surrounding airmass. The indicated airspeed (IAS) is the speed measured by a probe protruding in the undisturbed airstream. The IAS is a function of the ram or the dynamic air pressure ...
Dictionary of Energy (2014)
by Cutler J. Cleveland, Christopher G. Morris
Because true airspeed will correlate exactly with indicated airspeed only at standard sea level conditions, it is usually calculated by adjusting the indicated speed according to conditions (temperature, density, and pressure). true solar time ...
D-Day Encyclopedia (2014)
Everything You Want to Know About the Normandy Invasion by Barrett Tillman
Gliders Airspeed Horsa Britain's primary combat glider, the Airspeed Horsa, shared the American CG-4's general configuration and service history. Like the U.S. Waco, the Horsa was first flown in 1941. Also like the CG-4, it had a hinged nose ...
Definition of Terms and Concepts by Clifton A. Ericson, II
Just In Time Jet Propulsion Laboratory Joint Requirements Oversight Council Joint Robotics Program Job Safety Analysis Johnson Space Center Knots Calibrated Airspeed Knots Indicated Airspeed Key Performance Parameter Knowledge, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airspeed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Airspeed
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Stephen Kruso
Catalog #: 00074641
Official Nickname: Envoy
Catalog #: 00074640
Official Nickname: Envoy
Catalog #: 00074642
Official Nickname: Envoy
Catalog #: 00074643
Official Nickname: Envoy
- Airspeed AS-10 Oxford
Imperial War Museum, Duxford
Photo credit: Dave Hamster
- G-ALZO Airspeed Ambassador
G-ALZO Airspeed Ambassador Dan Air
Photo credit: markyharky
- Airspeed A.S.5A
Catalog #: 00074639
Official Nickname: Courier
- Gaining airspeed
Photo credit: jeffreyw
- Airspeed Envoy Mk III
Catalog #: 01547
Subject: The Flying Tigers - China
Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum Archive
- Airspeed Horsa assault glider
The Horsa was the main glider used by British Forces in the second world war. This is a replica which has been painstakingly built using templates made from bits found scattered over various European battle fields. It is displayed at the Airborne Forces Museum at RAF Shawbury
Photo credit: Jerry Gunner
- Airspeed Calculations
Photo credit: brewbooks
- True Airspeed Computer
Photo credit: Marcin Wichary
- Airspeed in flight
Photo credit: lns1122
View more pictures about Airspeed indicator.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Airspeed
Click on an item to play that video:
- Airspeed indicator Meaning
Video shows what airspeed indicator means. An instrument that displays an aircraft's current airspeed.. Airspeed indicator Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Airspeed Meaning
Video shows what airspeed means. The speed of an aircraft relative to the air through which it is flying.. Airspeed Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Airspeed!
Scrabble value of A1I1R1S1P3E1E1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIRSPEED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Airspeed!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airspeed to see it in context!