On this page:
Definition of the noun airwave
What does airwave mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: airwaves
- medium for radio and television broadcasting
- example: the president used the airwaves to take his message to the people
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of airwave: air
- more generic word: medium = an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
Alternative definition of the noun airwave
- Singular of [airwaves]; thus often "radio" or "frequency".
Who is Airwave?
Airwave: Laurent Véronnez or is sometimes referred to by, L-vee for short. Is a Belgium-based progressive trance music artist. He has created more than 500 tracks for more than 35 projects. His work is most notable under his alias Airwave.
- also known as Laurent Veronnez, Laurent Véronez, Velvet Girl, Laurent Véronnez, Vone, Blue Velvet, Indoctrinate, L-Vee, The Green Martian, Green Martian, V-One, Airwave 2, Airwave 3
- born on (38 years ago) in Brussels
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Progressive house, Trance music
- albums: "Harmonic Minor / Wizardry", "Dead Cities EP", "Come With Me", "Summertime", "Feeling You", "Industry", "I Want To Believe", "Believe", "Ladyblue, Part 1", "Ladyblue, Part 2", "People Just Don’t Care", "Sunday Break", "Trilogique", "Touareg", "A Trip in Trance 6", "Another Dimension", "Battle of the DJ's: Push vs. Airwave", "Chilled Euphoria", "Innerspace", "Dark Lines", "R.A.W. (Real Audio Works)", "Escape From Nowhere", "End Of The Earth", "Dreams Come True", "Waiting For You", "Harmonic Minor", "Industry / Computer Weekend", "EP3", "Velvet", "Sunspot", "Promise U Heaven", "Walking In Sunshine", "Presents...II", "Boredom", "Save Me", "Tears", "End Of The Road", "Velvet (UK Mixes)", "Best Of E.P.", "When Things Go Wrong", "Walking In Sunshine (Remixes)", "Look Inside", "Above The Sky", "Dead Cities", "Bright Lines", "Smack It Up", "Ladies & Gentlemen", "Electric Fantastic", "A New Dawn"
- official website: www.djairwave.com
"Airwave" is a musical single of Rank 1.
- released on (15 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Airwave
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
House of Commons Papers 872-ii 2005-06 by Great Britain. Parliament House of Commons. ODPM: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee
Airwave Ltd has very recently been announced as the preferred supplier against the Firelink contract, Airwave is a resilient national digital radio...
by Ray Horak
airwave transmission Synonymous with wireless transmission, as the term suggests open space rather than closed or confined space.Airwave is a bit of a misnomer, ...
Terrorism and the Olympics (2010)
Major Event Security and Lessons for the Future by Anthony Richards, Pete Fussey, Andrew Silke
Airwave is a digital trunked radio service for police and other emergency services in England, Scotland and Wales ...
by IBP, Inc.
Project Airwave is a TETRA based radio system used by Police Forces in UK. - 8 Draft directive (COM516 final).presently under co-decision procedure. Concepts of operation (Conops) and standard procedures paired with education ...
Identification and Price Guide by Mark Bellomo
AIRWAVE Sky Patrol Audible Frequency Specialist (Includes: Parachute, Gun, Helmet, Face Shield, Backpack, Instructions) Airwave is the Sky Patrol paratroopers' communications specialist with the prototype PMS (Primary ...
Reconfiguring London for 2012 and Beyond by Pete Fussey, Jon Coaffee, Department of Sociology Dick Hobbs, Dick Hobbs
Airwave is a terrestrial trunked radio (TETRA) system designed with the aim of providing a resilient and common form of communication across different emergency services throughout mainland Britain. Developed by a private company, ...
by Haraldur Sigurdsson, Bruce Houghton, Steve McNutt, Hazel Rymer, John Stix
km from the vent (note prominent airwave arrival) .
by Norman Hyne Ph.D.
semiportable pneumatic winch used for general hoisting air utility the amount of air injected necessary to produce an incremental barrel of oil during air injection ofa reservoir airwave 1) a high-frequency compressional wave produced by a ...
Dictionary of Genocide: M-Z (2008)
by Samuel Totten, Paul Robert Bartrop
key transmitters in Rwanda could be destroyed; so-called counter-broadcasts could be made in order to negate the messages from Rwandan radio; and powerful airwave technology could be employed to jam the radio stations' programs.
by Donald G. Godfrey, Frederic A. Leigh
The Supreme Court ruled the FCC's power extended beyond merely supervising airwave traffic, that ...
A Guide for Independent Filmmakers by John W. Cones
as opposed to airwave broadcast.
Dictionary of Policing (2013)
by Tim Newburn, Peter Neyroud
By using Airwave ( the digital radio system in use in all UK police forces), police officers will increasingly be able to access the Police National Computer through hand-held devices.
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb
"Public Airwave Ownership Was Always a Myth," Legal Times (August 6 1984) Lichty, Lawrence W., "The Impact of FRC and FCC Commissioners' Background on the Regulation of Broadcasting," in American Broadcasting: A Sourcebook of ...
by Thomas E. Zurinskas
~airunnautik - aeronautic ~airunnautikool - aeronautical ~airupauz - aeropause ~airuplaen - aeroplane ~airusaul - aerosol ~airwae - airway ~airwaev - airwave ~airwerthee - airvvorthy ~ajektiv - adjective ~ajitaet - agitate ~ajitaeter - agitator ...
by Ronald Hamowy
Many externality problems stem from government ownership of lands, waterways, wildlife, airwave frequencies, and the like, and they could be readily solved by privatization. Other externalities can be handled with bargaining between ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airwave
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Airwave
A tiny Airwave antenna on the side of a mountain.
Photo credit: awoodvine
Video language resources about Airwave
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Airwave!
Scrabble value of A1I1R1W4A1V4E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airwave to see it in context!