On this page:
- Definition of the noun Airwaves
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Airwaves
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airwaves
- Photos about Airwaves
- Video language resources about Airwaves
- Quotes about Airwaves
- Scrabble value of A1I1R1W4A1V4E1S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Airwaves
What does Airwaves mean as a name of something?
- Radio-frequency electromagnetic waves, usually used in the context of wireless communication.
- Radio or television broadcasts.
- radio wave
Airwaves is a brand of sugarfree chewing gum produced by the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company and sold primarily in Europe and East Asia. The brand is marketed for its intense flavor similar to the effect one would get from the consumption of cough drops. This intensity of flavor is obtained by including Eucalyptus and Menthol in the candy coating of the tablets of gum. This menthol and eucalyptus combination is widely used in medicated sweets to clear the head and nasal passages and to reduce the symptoms of nasal congestions and colds.
- also known as 爽浪
Who is Airwaves?
Airwaves is an ambient music artist from Mexico.
- also known as Oscar Menzel
- nationality: Mexico
- profession: Musician
- album: "Second Shift"
Airwaves is a musical group.
- "Airwaves" is an album released by Badfinger in 1979 on the Elektra label, the seventh album released that was credited to Badfinger. Anticipated as a comeback album for the group at the time, expectations were not quite realized, as the "group" now consisted of just the duo of Tom Evans and Joey Molland, accompanied by guitarist Joe Tansin and various session musicians.
- "Airwaves" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Thomas Dolby
- "Airwaves" is a musical album of Bjørn Johan Muri.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Airwaves" is a musical album of Ike & Tina Turner.
- released in (38 years ago)
- "Airwaves" is a musical single of GusGus.
- released on
- "Airwaves" is a musical album of Gerber & Rose & Jon Rose.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Airwaves" is a musical EP of Guy David.
- released on (9 years ago)
Airwaves is a Canadian television dramedy which aired on CBC from 1986 to 1990.
- begun on and completed on (25 years ago)
- country: Canada
- regular cast:
- genre: Comedy-drama
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Airwaves
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Encyclopedia of Life in the Republic by Arnold P. Kaminsky, Roger D. Long Ph.D.
But with the growing competition from television, particularly cable and satellite television, the government has been under tremendous pressure to liberalize the airwaves. If private television channels—even foreign private channels—have ...
by Mary Zeiss Stange, Carol K. Oyster, Jane E. Sloan
Despite the international success of French cinema, American television dominates French airwaves. Reasons for the lack of success of French fictional television may be financial or cultural. Despite the success of American romance series in ...
by John D. H. Downing
The women used the legal argument that the people have the right to revoke the public airwaves entrusted to the state if the state does not serve the interests of the people. They felt that this public media organization was privileging the views ...
by Abby H. P. Werlock
Work Author: Bobbie Ann Mason "Airwaves" examines the way the alienation of meaningless labor breaks bonds between individuals in workingclass society. The story focuses onJane Motherall,a young woman who finds herself ...
by Christopher H. Sterling
Airwaves. The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the end of the Cold War triggered a hurricane of instability overthe African continent. Popular uprisings, strikes, sit ins,and demands forpolitical freedom and better standards of livingbroke out all ...
Presidential Campaigns, Slogans, Issues, and Platforms: The Complete Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition [3 volumes] (2012)
The Complete Encyclopedia by Robert North Roberts, Scott John Hammond, Valerie A. Sulfaro
and the Westinghouse Broadcasting Corporation, blanketed the nation's airwaves.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Airwaves
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Airwaves
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Airwaves
Click on an item to play that video:
- Airwaves are Beautiful: An explanation of white spaces
A history of the airwaves, from radio to television to cellular phones to wi-fi to the white spaces.
- Airwaves Meaning
Video shows what airwaves means. Radio-frequency electromagnetic waves, usually used in the context of wireless communication.. Radio or television ...
- Living the Language - Over the airwaves
The traditional storytelling of indigenous cultures is moving into a new era and new forms of transmission. Indigenous TV programming has found an audience in ...
- Celebrating 25-years of Maori language on the airwaves
The oldest Maori radio station in the country is 25-years-old tomorrow. Te Upoko o te Ika radio station will be celebrating its birthday tomorrow in Wellington.
See also the pronunciation examples of Airwaves!
Quotes about Airwaves
Scrabble value of A1I1R1W4A1V4E1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Airwaves to see it in context!