On this page:
- Definition of the adjective akimbo
- Definition of the adverb akimbo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akimbo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akimbo
- Photos about Akimbo
- Video language resources about Akimbo
- Scrabble value of A1K5I1M3B3O1
- Anagrams of AKIMBO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective akimbo
What does akimbo mean as an attribute of a noun?
- (used of arms and legs) bent outward with the joint away from the body
- examples: a tailor sitting with legs akimbo | stood with arms akimbo
- adjective position: immediately postnominal adjective (it occurs immediately after the noun)
- similar: crooked
Alternative definition of the adjective akimbo
- With a crook or bend; with the hand on the hip and elbow turned outward.
Definition of the adverb akimbo
What does akimbo mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- with hands on hips and elbows extending outward
- example: she stood there akimbo
Alternative definition of the adverb akimbo
- Into, in, or of the position where the arms are akimbo.
Akimbo is a venture funded company.
Akimbo is an American hardcore band from Seattle, Washington.
- genres: Hardcore punk, Rock music
- albums: "Call to Freedom", "On Top", "Navigating the Bronze", "City of the Stars", "Forging Steel and Laying Stone", "Elephantine", "Harshing Your Mellow", "Jersey Shores", "Akimbo / Teen Cthulhu", "Army of Evil Robots Programmed for Human Destruction"
- "Akimbo" is a musical album of Akimbo.
- released in (31 years ago)
- "Akimbo" is a musical album of Alex Sanguinetti.
- released in (25 years ago)
- "Akimbo" is a musical single of Royal Sapien.
- released on (7 years ago)
Akimbo is a human body position in which the hands are on the hips and the elbows are bowed outward, or bent or bowed in a more general sense.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akimbo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
akimbo adjective and adverb With the hands on the hips and the elbows bent outward, a-kim-bo (a kim'bo) aadjective and adverb akimbo akin adjective 1. Belonging to the same family; related. 2. Of the same sort; similar: Pity is akin to love.
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
akimbo span See span akimbo. akinesia A movement disorder in which the person executes no voluntary movements ...
by Julia Cresswell
akimbo [LME] You might think that the odd- looking word akimbo, 'with hands on the hips and elbows turned outwards', agoraphobia agree derives from some exotic language. In fact it appeared in 9 akimbo.
by Una Cunningham
fantastic an airy vision 3 lighthearted, flippant airy nonsense airily adv aisle (ill n a passage between pews in a church or between rows of seats in a cinema ajar (ajah'l adv partly open The door was left ajar ajar akimbo akimbo takim'bol adv ...
by Hensleigh Wedgwood (M.A.)
Akimbo. It. schembare, sghembare, to go aside from ; schimbiccio, a crankling or crooked winding in and out; sedere a schimbiccio, to sit crooked upon one's legs, ...
by Richard Allsopp, Jeannette Allsopp
by J. Heinrich Blascke
Akimbo SI. resting the hands on the hips.
by Philip D. Morehead
Adjectives—defiant; defying, daring; with arms akimbo; insolent, contemptuous, bold, rebellious. Informal, brassy, saucy, cheeky. Adverbs—defiantly, in defiance, in the teeth of; under one's very nose. Phrases—you can lead a horse to water, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akimbo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Akimbo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mazaletel
Niagara Falls, NY
Photo credit: btwashburn
Similarities and differences.
Photo credit: garryknight
Photo credit: Ben Chun
Photo credit: ojbyrne
Photo credit: Rich Anderson
Photo credit: basykes
Members of the band, waiting for their turn.
Photo credit: basykes
Photo credit: basykes
- Legs Akimbo
Slightly blurry shot- taken on the Central Line.
Photo credit: DavidHBolton
- Capitol Akimbo
US Capitol Building
Photo credit: Rob Shenk
- Lizards akimbo
From "Forza Motorsport 3" on the Xbox 360.
Photo credit: ArtBrom
- Legs akimbo
At the Glasgow Necropolis
Photo credit: prosepina
- Akimbo Sid
Photo credit: April Pink
View more pictures about Limbs Akimbo.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Akimbo
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Akimbo!
Scrabble value of A1K5I1M3B3O1
The value of this 6-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AKIMBO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Akimbo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akimbo to see it in context!