On this page:
Definition of the noun al-qa'ida
What does al-qa'ida mean as a name of something?
- a terrorist network intensely opposed to the United States that dispenses money and logistical support and training to a wide variety of radical Islamic terrorist groups; has cells in more than 50 countries
- regions: Afghanistan / Islamic State of Afghanistan; Islamic Republic of Pakistan / Pakistan / West Pakistan
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- alternative spellings: al Qaida / al-Qaida
- synonyms of al-Qa'ida: al Qaeda / al-Qaeda / Base / Qaeda
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
Various documents about al-Qa'ida
Click on a title to view that document, then you can search inside it:
Annesley - A Political and Economic Dictionary of Western Europe - 377 pages
- 764 pages
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for al-Qa'ida
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about al-Qa'ida
More fluent than Qas Bin Sa'ida.
more quotes about al-qa'ida...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of al-Qa'ida to see it in context!