On this page:
- Al-ras a.k.a. Al Ras is a locality in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is the easternmost locality in the area of Deira and borders the Dubai Creek to the west and south, and Al Dhagaya and Al Buteen to the east. Al Ras, literally meaning The Cape, is one of the oldest communities in Deira. It is bounded on the north, south and west by route D 85 and to the east by Old Baladiya Street.
- Al-ras a.k.a. Al Ras is a rapid transit station on the Green Line of the Dubai Metro in Dubai.
- Al-Ras is a Palestinian village in the Tulkarm Governorate in the eastern West Bank, located 7 kilometers South-east of Tulkarm. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, al-Ras had a population of approximately 506 inhabitants in mid-year 2006. 11.1% of the population of al-Ras were refugees in 1997. The healthcare facilities for al-Ras are based in Kafr Sur, where the facilities are designated as MOH level 2.
There are other places with in their name, like Maroun al-Ras.
"Al-ras" a.k.a. "On the Edge" is a 2012 short film written and directed by Faride Schroeder.
- also known as Al Ras
- country: Mexico
- producer: Juan Uruchurtu
- art direction by Mayté Cárdenas
- written by Faride Schroeder
- cinematography by Mario Gallegos 'El Gallo'
- edited by Ismael Plasencia
- music by Walter Locht
- released on
The Al-Ras drum is a large drum used in the battle dance Ayyala, a folk dance of Qatar and U.A.E.. The Al-ras leads the dance and sets the beat for the smaller Takhamir drums that follow.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al-Ras
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by M. Th. Houtsma
Al-ras,ad is also used in the latter sense.
Philosophy Between 500 and 1500 by Henrik Lagerlund
called Bayt al-ras:ad (the house of the astronomical observation), ...
The Encyclopaedia of Islam (1954)
Aras > al-Ras; Alan > al- Lan).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al-Ras
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Al-Ras
Many parts of Dubai feel as if they could be in any western city. This view is across Dubai Creek to the Al-Ras district, and reflects more of the old Dubai. (Or perhaps the old Mumbai?)
Photo credit: Pedronet
Anagrams of AL-RAS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Al-Ras!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Al-Ras for some fun with words!