On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun alarmist
What does alarmist mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: alarmists
- a person who alarms others needlessly
Alternative definition of the noun alarmist
- One who causes others to become alarmed without cause.
"Alarmist" a.k.a. "The Alarmist", also known as Life During Wartime, is a 1997 film written and directed by Evan Dunsky, starring David Arquette, Stanley Tucci, with Kate Capshaw and Ryan Reynolds. The film is an adaptation of a play written by Keith Reddin.
- also known as Life During Wartime
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- written by Evan Dunsky
- based on "Life During Wartime" by Keith Reddin
- Stanley Tucci as Heinrich Grigoris
- Kate Capshaw as Gale Ancona
- David Arquette as Tommy Hudler
- Ryan Reynolds as Howard Ancona
- Mary McCormack as Sally
- Michael Learned as Beth Hudler
- Tricia Vessey as April Brody
- Ruth Miller as Mrs. Fielding
- Hoke Howell as Mr. Fielding
- Lewis Arquette as Bruce Hudler
- Richmond Arquette as Andrew Hudler
- Gabriel Dell Jr. as Skippy Hudler
- Valerie Long as Doris
- Kim Tobin as Bambi
- Colin Campbell as Waiter
- Eric Zivot as Shelly
- Vinnie Bilancio as Assistant Director
- Clea DuVall as Suzy
- David Brisbin as Detective Flinkman
- Brad Gorman as Grigoris Employee
- Dennis Cockrum as Vendor
- Matt Malloy as Morgue Technician
- Alex Nepomniaschy as Installer
- Maridean Mansfield Shepard as Secretary
- Gerald Henderson as Bank Teller
- cinematography by Alex Nepomniaschy
- edited by Norman Buckley
- music by Christophe Beck
- costume design by Denise Wingate
- genres: Indie film, Black comedy, Satire, Screwball comedy, Comedy
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (18 years ago)
Alarmist is a musical group.
- album: "Evil Works Get Rich Or Try Dying Evil Works"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alarmist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Todd Lammle
an alarmist is the fact that there are about 6.8 billion people in the world today, and it's estimated that just over 10 percent of that population is connected to the Internet—wow! That statistic is basically screaming at us the ugly truth that based ...
by Todd Lammle
just being an alarmist is the fact that there are about 6.8 billion people in the world today, and it's estimated that just over 10 percent of that population is connected to the Internet—wow! That statistic is basically screaming at us the ugly truth ...
The Medical Gazette (1883)
A Weekly Journal of Medicine, Surgery, and the Collateral Sciences
The alarmist is an objectional character, but there is a still more pernicious social nusiance, and that is the flattering unctionist, if we may coin from Shakespeare such a name for the being who lubricates everything with the oil of gladness, and ...
Weekly Medical Review (1883)
The alarmist is an objectional character, but there is a still more pernicious social nuisance, and that is the flattering unctionist, if we may coin from Shakspeare such a name for the being who lubricates everything with the oil of gladness, and ...
by Immanuel Ness
They often shared the alarmist diagnosis of Friedrich von Hayek's immensely influential political tract The Road to Serfdom (1944). According to Hayek, recent tendencies within liberal democracies like Britain and the United States were ...
alarmist alary alas albatross albeit albescent albino album albumen зчйтааттт 'тип.
by Dennis G. Fowler
la - an alarmist [ see lusokobeka. sokobala]. kasolo n.6 - the hip-joint. kasolwi adv. - chronically.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alarmist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alarmist
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Alarmist
Video shows what alarmist means. One who causes others to become alarmed without cause.. Alarmist Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
See also the pronunciation examples of Alarmist!
Scrabble value of A1L1A1R1M3I1S1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALARMIST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alarmist!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alarmist to see it in context!