On this page:
Definition of the noun alastrim
What does alastrim mean as a name of something?
- a mild form of smallpox caused by a less virulent form of the virus
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of alastrim: Cuban itch / Kaffir pox / milk pox / pseudosmallpox / pseudovariola / variola minor / West Indian smallpox / white pox
- more generic terms: smallpox / variola / variola major = a highly contagious viral disease characterized by fever and weakness and skin eruption with pustules that form scabs that slough off leaving scars
Alternative definition of the noun alastrim
- [medicine] A milder variant of smallpox
- synonym: variola minor
Printed books with definitions for alastrim
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cyril H. Wecht, Matthias I. Okoye
Variola major refers to the form with a higher mortality rate, and variola minor or alastrim is a milder form. The lesions develop at approximately the same time and rate, starting in the palms and soles and spreading centrally; they first appear as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for alastrim
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about alastrim
Video shows what alastrim means. A milder variant of smallpox. alastrim synonyms: variola minor, amaas, Cuban itch, kaffir pox, West Indian pox, milk pox, ...
Scrabble value of A1L1A1S1T1R1I1M3
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALASTRIM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of alastrim!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of alastrim to find many related words and phrases!