On this page:
- Albán is a municipality and town of Colombia in the department of Cundinamarca.
- Albán is a town and municipality in the Nariño Department, Colombia. The town was established on 15 June 1573. As of 2005 it had a population of 19,367.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a town in Portage County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 897 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Alban is located within the town.
There are other places with in their name, like Monte Albán.
- Albán a.k.a. Saint Alban is venerated as the first recorded British Christian martyr, and is considered to be the British protomartyr. Along with his fellow saints "Amphibalus," Julius, and Aaron, Alban is one of four named martyrs recorded from Roman Britain. He is traditionally believed to have been beheaded in the Roman city of Verulamium sometime during the 3rd or 4th century, and his cult has been celebrated there since ancient times.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban Ceray is a Monegasque pornographic actor.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character in the 2012 tv movie Punk.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2007 film Le deuxième souffle.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 1966 film Second Breath.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2012 film Superstar.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2011 film My Piece of the Pie.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2001 film Just Little Birds.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2013 film Seven Lucky Gods.
"Albán" a.k.a. "Alban" is a community opera in two acts with music by Tom Wiggall and libretto by John Mole.
- official website: albanopera.org.uk/information.htm
Albán a.k.a. Alban is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Alban
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albán
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Who Made the Pyramids? (2014)
by Steve Preston
Monte Albán is a large archaeological site in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico. The name "Monte Albán" means "White Mountain" in the Spanish language; the Zapotec name was Danipaguache, meaning "Sacred Mountain of Life". The sacred ...
The Americas (2013)
International Dictionary of Historic Places by Trudy Ring, Noelle Watson, Paul Schellinger
The long historyof Monte Albán is a chronicle of the changes and complications taking place in thesocieties of Mesoamerica. The organic pattern of growth ...
Monte Alban Onsite Guide (2014)
Let Your Tablet be Your Guide at Monte Alban by Dorothy Bell
Monte Albán is a fairly easy site to negotiate. The walking route we recommend is to explore in the following order: 1) The Eastern Group starting with the Ball Court 2) The Southern Platform The Central Plaza buildings 3) 4) The Western ...
by Brad Olsen
staircases under the main pyramid are some of the central mysteries of Monte Albán. Monte Albán is an enigmatic ruin that had been occupied, reorganized and built onto for thousands of years. The city is constructed on an artificially flattened ...
Pre-Columbian America (2010)
Empires of the New World by Kathleen Kuiper
Monte Albán is a prominent series of interconnected hills lying near Oaxaca, Mexico. One of these was completely leveled off in Middle Formative times to serve as the base for a site that was to become the Zapotec people's most important ...
by Walter Robert Thurmond Witschey, Clifford T. Brown
The carvings resemble in style the contemporary danzantes from the site of Monte Albán. It has been suggested that the carvings from Dainzú illustrate a distinctive form of the Mesoamerican ballgame, one related to the modern Mixtec version ...
by David R. Kohut, Olga Vilella
Albán, Laureano. Biografías del terror. San José: Editorial Costa Rica, 1987. Breaking Free: An Anthology of Human Rights Poetry. Selected by Robert Hull. New York: Thomson Learning, 1995. Chávez Alfaro, Lizandro, et al. ¡Exilio! Mexico: ...
by Edmund Wright
They had political and economic connections with each other, and with prehistoric cities in southern and central Mexico, such as Teotihuacán and Monte Albán (in Oaxaca). Spanish *conquistadores arrived in 1523, seeking new American ...
by Mona Baker, Gabriela Saldanha
This is how the anthology of Albanian poets Albán költök (1952) and A mongpé irodalom kistükre (The Small ...
Heliopolis, Hierapolis, Monte Albán, Persepolis 11 Chichén Itzá, Herculaneum, Machu Picchu, Polonnaruwa, Teotihuacán 12 Anuradhapura 13Halicarnassus14Constantinople Capital cities include: 04Apia,Baku, Bern,Dili, Doha,Kiev, Lima, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albán
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albán to see it in context!