On this page:
- Albán is a municipality and town of Colombia in the department of Cundinamarca.
- Albán is a town and municipality in the Nariño Department, Colombia. The town was established on 15 June 1573. As of 2005 it had a population of 19,367.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a town in Portage County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 897 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated community of Alban is located within the town.
There are other places with in their name, like Monte Albán.
- Albán a.k.a. Saint Alban is venerated as the first recorded British Christian martyr, and is considered to be the British protomartyr. Along with his fellow saints "Amphibalus," Julius, and Aaron, Alban is one of four named martyrs recorded from Roman Britain. He is traditionally believed to have been beheaded in the Roman city of Verulamium sometime during the 3rd or 4th century, and his cult has been celebrated there since ancient times.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban Ceray is a Monegasque pornographic actor.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character in the 2012 tv movie Punk.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2007 film Le deuxième souffle.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 1966 film Second Breath.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2012 film Superstar.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2011 film My Piece of the Pie.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2001 film Just Little Birds.
- Albán a.k.a. Alban is a fictional character from the 2013 film Seven Lucky Gods.
"Albán" a.k.a. "Alban" is a community opera in two acts with music by Tom Wiggall and libretto by John Mole.
- official website: albanopera.org.uk/information.htm
Albán a.k.a. Alban is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Alban
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albán
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Who Made the Pyramids? (2014)
by Steve Preston
Monte Albán is a large archaeological site in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico. The name "Monte Albán" means "White Mountain" in the Spanish language; the Zapotec name was Danipaguache, meaning "Sacred Mountain of Life". The sacred ...
The Mining Industry in México by ProMéxico
Oro de Monte Albán is an Oaxaca-based jewelry business whose pieces combine quality, design and aesthetics. What sets it apart from others is that it continues to employ the age-old techniques of the Zapotec to produce delicate items of ...
by Walter Robert Thurmond Witschey, Clifford T. Brown
The carvings resemble in style the contemporary danzantes from the site of Monte Albán. It has been suggested that the carvings from Dainzú illustrate a distinctive form of the Mesoamerican ballgame, one related to the modern Mixtec version ...
by David R. Kohut, Olga Vilella
Albán, Laureano. Biografías del terror. San José: Editorial Costa Rica, 1987. Breaking Free: An Anthology of Human Rights Poetry. Selected by Robert Hull. New York: Thomson Learning, 1995. Chávez Alfaro, Lizandro, et al. ¡Exilio! Mexico: ...
by Mona Baker, Gabriela Saldanha
This is how the anthology of Albanian poets Albán költök (1952) and A mongpé irodalom kistükre (The Small ...
by Anne Kerr, Edmund Wright
and central Mexico, such as Teotihuacán and Monte Albán (in Oaxaca). Spanish *conquistadores arrived in 1523, seeking new American conquests, and the region soon became the Audiencia (a high court with a political role) of Guatemala, ...
Heliopolis, Hierapolis, Monte Albán, Persepolis 11 Chichén Itzá, Herculaneum, Machu Picchu, Polonnaruwa, Teotihuacán 12 Anuradhapura 13Halicarnassus14Constantinople Capital cities include: 04Apia,Baku, Bern,Dili, Doha,Kiev, Lima, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albán
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albán to see it in context!