On this page:
- Definition of the adjective alcoholic
- Definition of the noun alcoholic
- Phrases with Alcoholic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alcoholic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcoholic
- Photos about Alcoholic
- Video language resources about Alcoholic
- Quotes about Alcoholic
- Scrabble value of A1L1C3O1H4O1L1I1C3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective alcoholic
What does alcoholic mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more alcoholic / most alcoholic
- characteristic of or containing alcohol
- addicted to alcohol
Alternative definition of the adjective alcoholic
- Of or pertaining to alcohol.
- antonym: nonalcoholic
- Having more than a trace amount of alcohol in its contents.
- Of, pertaining to, or affected by alcoholism
Definition of the noun alcoholic
What does alcoholic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: alcoholics
- a person who drinks alcohol to excess habitually
Alternative definition of the noun alcoholic
- A person addicted to alcohol.
- One who abuses alcohol.
Specialised definition of the noun alcoholic
Glossary of sports
containing alcohol; a person who is addicted to drinking alcohol and shows changes in behaviour and personality as a result of this addiction (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
Alcoholic is a fictional character from the 2007 film August Rush.
- "Alcoholic" is the third single from the album Love Is Here by British pop band Starsailor, released in 2001. Often wrongly credited as "Daddy Was an Alcoholic", it is one of their most popular songs so far, and also their first single to be in the UK top ten. In the Love is Here DVD, James Walsh comments that "Alcoholic" is so well known because of the topic of the song.
- "Alcoholic" is a 2009 single album by Avicii.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Alcoholic" is a musical single of Starsailor.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Alcoholic" is a song by the Alternative rock band Fishbone from their album Chim Chim's Bad Ass Revenge. An early demo version of the song appears on the 1996 compilation album Fishbone 101: Nuttasaurusmeg Fossil Fuelin' the Fonkay.
"Alcoholic" is a 2013 short drama film written by Marysia Nikitiuk and directed by Yulia Gontaruk.
- country: Ukraine
- language: Ukrainian Language
- producer: Igor Savychenko
- production design by Ivan Levchenko
- written by Marysia Nikitiuk
- cinematography by Giorgi Beridze
- edited by Sergey Klepach
- music by Andrii Tupikov
- genre: Drama
- released in
Phrases with Alcoholic
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alcoholic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas Nordegren
Alcoholic gastritis is commonly accompanied by oesophagitis. In most cases the condition is self-limiting and resolves with abstinence. (K29.3. ) Alcoholic hallucinosis See: Hallucinosis. Alcoholic hepatitis A disorder of the liver characterised ...
by Jack Cazes
INTRODUCTION Alcoholic beverages have been consumed by a significant range of worldwide population since the beginning of civilization until the present time. Therefore, there should be a great interest on consumption of beverages ...
by Robert Jean Campbell
deterioration alcoholic Korsakoff psychosis alcohol(ic) deterioration alcohol(ic) encephalopathy sugar and recollects it in almost pure form. The distilled alcohol is then diluted with water to bring it to the desired strength, or “ proof,'' ...
by James H. Chow, Cheryl Chow
Asians are much less likely to suffer from habitual alcohol use and the resulting alcoholic liver disease. One reason for this may be that many people of Asian descent are deficient in the enzyme aldehyde dehydrogenase. Coinfections Acute ...
The Structure of the Lexicon (2012)
Incorporating a Cognitive Approach in the TCM Lexicon, with Applications to Lexicography, Terminology and Translation by Marcel Thelen
semantic feature, WH stands for relativisation, <alcoholic> is the lemma ALCOHOLIC recycled as a semantic feature and IO = INDIRECT OBJECT) Deletion: /SB <human1>/ PD <drink1> /OB <beverage WH alcoholic> IO < human1>/ Naming: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcoholic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alcoholic
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alcoholic
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Alcoholic beverage.
See also the pronunciation examples of Alcoholic!
Quotes about Alcoholic
Scrabble value of A1L1C3O1H4O1L1I1C3
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alcoholic to see it in context!