On this page:
- Definition of the adjective alcoholic
- Definition of the noun alcoholic
- Phrases with Alcoholic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alcoholic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcoholic
- Photos about Alcoholic
- Video language resources about Alcoholic
- Quotes about Alcoholic
- Scrabble value of A1L1C3O1H4O1L1I1C3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective alcoholic
What does alcoholic mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more alcoholic / most alcoholic
- characteristic of or containing alcohol
- addicted to alcohol
Alternative definition of the adjective alcoholic
- Of or pertaining to alcohol.
- antonym: nonalcoholic
- Having more than a trace amount of alcohol in its contents.
- Of, pertaining to, or affected by alcoholism
Definition of the noun alcoholic
What does alcoholic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: alcoholics
- a person who drinks alcohol to excess habitually
Alternative definition of the noun alcoholic
- A person addicted to alcohol.
- One who abuses alcohol.
Specialised definition of the noun alcoholic
Glossary of sports
containing alcohol; a person who is addicted to drinking alcohol and shows changes in behaviour and personality as a result of this addiction (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
Alcoholic is a fictional character from the 2007 film August Rush.
- "Alcoholic" is the third single from the album Love Is Here by British pop band Starsailor, released in 2001. Often wrongly credited as "Daddy Was an Alcoholic", it is one of their most popular songs so far, and also their first single to be in the UK top ten. In the Love is Here DVD, James Walsh comments that "Alcoholic" is so well known because of the topic of the song.
- "Alcoholic" is a 2009 single album by Avicii.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Alcoholic" is a musical single of Starsailor.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Alcoholic" is a song by the Alternative rock band Fishbone from their album Chim Chim's Bad Ass Revenge. An early demo version of the song appears on the 1996 compilation album Fishbone 101: Nuttasaurusmeg Fossil Fuelin' the Fonkay.
"Alcoholic" is a 2013 short drama film written by Marysia Nikitiuk and directed by Yulia Gontaruk.
- country: Ukraine
- language: Ukrainian Language
- producer: Igor Savychenko
- production design by Ivan Levchenko
- written by Marysia Nikitiuk
- cinematography by Giorgi Beridze
- edited by Sergey Klepach
- music by Andrii Tupikov
- genre: Drama
- released in
Phrases with Alcoholic
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alcoholic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas Nordegren
Alcoholic gastritis is commonly accompanied by oesophagitis. In most cases the condition is self-limiting and resolves with abstinence. (K29.3. ) Alcoholic hallucinosis See: Hallucinosis. Alcoholic hepatitis A disorder of the liver characterised ...
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
alcohol, licensed seller ot: victualet alcohol, refraining from drinking: abstinence alcohol, to make, sell illegal: bootleg alcohol, toxic: catbinol, methanol, wood alcohol alcoholic: bibulous, brewed, fermented, inebriated, intoxicating, sot, spiritous ...
by Stanley Jablonski
level of care; Alternative Lifestyle Checklist; approximatelethal concentration; avian leukosis complex; axiolinguocervical alc alcohol; alcoholic; alcoholism ALCA anomalous left coronaryartery ALCAPA anomalous originof left coronary artery ...
by Henry Watts
Cold alcoholic ammonia decomposes it, with formation of ammonium bromide and a glutinous substance soluble in water. Heated with potassium hydrate, it yields bromide and coumarilate of potassium. — f}-Monobromocoumarin is formed by ...
Vitamin A deficiency Although serum levels of vitamin A are usually normal in chronic alcoholics, liver retinoids are progressively lowered through the stages of alcoholic liver disease during the conversion of hepatic stellate cells from vitamin ...
by J.C. Segen
see Standard drink Alcoholic cardiomyopathy A clinicopathologic state induced by chronic ethanolism, a major cause of dilated cardiomyopathy, characterized by severe ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcoholic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alcoholic
Click on an item to view that photo:
Processed with VSCOcam with b5 preset
Photo credit: HowardJude1992
Photo credit: Julia Buchner
Photo credit: mantelvaviz
- Alcoholic Bunny
Dwayne wants to be Alcoholic Bunny when he grows up.
Photo credit: mister_borogove
- Alcoholic Pass
Photo credit: yacht_boy
- Alcoholic with a poster HELP!
The alcoholic rebcenter-moscow.ru/lechenie/lechenie-alkogolizma/ is sitting on the railroad tracks. He covers his face with a poster HELP!
Photo credit: http://rebcenter-moscow.ru/
- Alcoholic Effects
Photo credit: Poldavo (Alex)
- Touched by an alcoholic
Classic old school Iron Man costume reaching out for the touch of something or someone. Fingers rather articulate for a suit made of steel, though not of steel, but of rustable iron. Probably stainless steel. Imagine the buckets of crotch sweat though. Worse than most STIs
Iron Man mini bust from Bowen Designs and sculpted by Jim Maddox.
Photo credit: the Comic Shop
- Non alcoholic nitro margarita
via Instagram ift.tt/2v0OiMO
Photo credit: jasongraham99
- Orange alcoholic
Photo credit: daveynin
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alcoholic
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Alcoholic beverage.
See also the pronunciation examples of Alcoholic!
Quotes about Alcoholic
Scrabble value of A1L1C3O1H4O1L1I1C3
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alcoholic to see it in context!