Ale appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Pail of ale aiding ailing Al's travails.
- Tell a tall tale of a tall tailed dog, that told Tim it tap a tall ale and thump the top of Tim's tomb.
Ale appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- One last piece receipts ale, no?
- Pat no elastic; it’s ale on tap.
- Was raw tap ale not a reviver at one lap at Warsaw?
On this page:
- Definition of the noun ale
- Phrases with Ale
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ale
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ale
- Photos about Ale
- Videos about Ale
- Quotes about Ale
- Scrabble value of A1L1E1
- Anagrams of ALE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ale
What does ale mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ales
- a general name for beer made with a top fermenting yeast; in some of the United States an ale is (by law) a brew of more than 4% alcohol by volume
- examples: He began his meal by drinking half a glass of ale. | Pale ale is a low-alcohol beer. | Tobacco, divine, rare, superexcellent tobacco, which goes far beyond all the panaceas, potable gold, and philosopher's stones, a sovereign remedy to all diseases...but as it is commonly abused by most men, which take it as tinkers do ale, 'tis a plague, a mischief, a violent purger of goods, lands, health, hellish, devilish and damned tobacco, the ruin and overthrow of body and soul.
- lexical domain: Foods & Drinks - nouns denoting foods and drinks
- more generic word: beer = a general name for alcoholic beverages made by fermenting a cereal (or mixture of cereals) flavored with hops
- more specific terms:
- wheat beer / white beer / Weissbier = a general name for beers made from wheat by top fermentation
- bitter = English term for a dry sharp-tasting ale with strong flavor of hops
- Burton = a strong dark English ale
- pale ale = an amber colored ale brewed with pale malts
- porter's beer / porter = a very dark sweet ale brewed from roasted unmalted barley
- stout = a strong very dark heavy-bodied ale made from pale malt and roasted unmalted barley and (often) caramel malt with hops
Alternative definition of the noun ale
- An intoxicating liquor made from an infusion of malt by fermentation and the addition of a bitter, usually hops.
- A festival in English country places, so called from the liquor drunk.
Ale is a type of beer brewed from malted barley using a warm fermentation with a strain of brewers' yeast. Compared to lager yeasts, ale yeast ferments more quickly, and often produces a sweeter, fuller-bodied and fruitier taste. Most ales contain hops, which help preserve the beer and impart a bitter herbal flavour that balances the sweetness of the malt.
- also known as เอล (เบียร์), Pivo gornjeg vrenja, Μπύρα αφροζύμης, 爱尔啤酒
There are other foods with Ale in their name, like Mild ale, Pale ale, Sour Ale, Ale Bajji, Brown ale, India Pale Ale, Orkney Raven Ale, Ind Coope Burton Ale, Inveralmond Ossian's Ale, Purple Moose Glaslyn Ale, Surrey Hills Ranmore Ale, Surrey Hills Ranmore Ale, Young's Special London Ale, Dark Star American Pale Ale, Dark Star American Pale Ale, Fuller's 1845 Celebration Strong Ale and Skinner's Cornish Knocker Golden Ale.
"Ale" is the eighth studio album by Italian singer Alexia released in 2008. The album is the first release on the Edel label after Alexia left Sony Music in 2007 and was the first studio album Alexia had released since 2004's Gli Occhi Grandi Della Luna. The album was released in Italy on CD on 27 June 2008 and for digital download the next day. A version which included the song Biancaneve was released in Europe on 24 July 2009.
- Ale a.k.a. Alessandra Ambrosio: Alessandra Corine Ambrósio is a Brazilian model. Ambrosio is best known for her work with Victoria's Secret and was chosen as the first spokesmodel for the company's "PINK" line.
- read more about Alessandra Ambrosio
- Ale a.k.a. Alexandre Borges Corrêa is a Brazilian actor. He is known for his work in Brazilian soap operas.
- Ale a.k.a. Alessandra Negrini: Alessandra Vidal de Negreiros Negrini is a Brazilian actress.
- read more about Alessandra Negrini (actress)
- Ale a.k.a. Alejandra Orozco Loza is a Mexican diver. In 2012, she participated in the 2012 Summer Olympics in the synchronized 10 metre platform event alongside world champion Paola Espinosa, winning a silver medal. At the age of 15, she became the youngest athlete to represent Mexico at the 2012 Olympic games.
- read more about Alejandra Orozco
- Ale a.k.a. Ari Sihasale is an actor, film producer, film director, musician and singer.
- read more about Ari Sihasale
- Ale a.k.a. Alejandro Kurz is a musical artist.
- read more about Alejandro Kurz
- Ale a.k.a. Alexandre Luiz Fernandes or simply Alê is a Brazilian football defensive midfielder.
- Ale a.k.a. Alexandra Hart-Gilliams is an actress.
- read more about Alexandra Hart-Gilliams (actress)
- Ale a.k.a. Alé Lorenzo is a former member of the musical group Exposé.
- also known as Aléjandra Lorenzo, Alé, Ale Lorenzo
- profession: Singer
- member of musical group Exposé (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Ale a.k.a. Anakku Lelaki Hoed is the son of Melly Goeslaw and Anto Hoed.
- read more about Anakku Lelaki Hoed
- Ale a.k.a. Alexandre Rossi de Oliveira is a football player.
- Ale is a fictional character from the 2011 film Mía.
- Ale is a fictional character from the 1987 film Dinner with a Vampire.
- Ale is a fictional character from the 2009 film Serigala Terakhir.
- Ale is a fictional character from the 2008 film, Before the Fall.
- Ale is a fictional character from the 2014 film El Beso.
- Ale is a fictional character from the 2008 film La rabia.
- Ale a.k.a. Alpine-Casparis Municipal Airport is a city-owned public-use airport located two miles northwest of the central business district of Alpine, a city in Brewster County, Texas, United States. It supports two small runways, and is not meant for large commercial planes. Alpine-Casparis is the only airport in Brewster County, and provides air services to most of the area.
- Ale is one of the woredas in the Oromia Region of Ethiopia. Part of the Illubabor Zone, Ale is bordered on the south by the Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Region, on the west by Nono, on the northwest by Bure, and on the northeast by Metu. Towns in Ale include Ale, Gore and Leka. Didu woreda was part of Ale woreda.
- part of Ethiopia
There are other places with in their name, like Bu'ale, Na'ale, Ale Oak, Borgo d'Ale, Ma'ale Amos, Ma'ale Iron, Ale's Stones, Ma'ale Gamla, Ma'ale Hever, Ma'ale Adumim, Ma'ale Gilboa, Ma'ale Levona, Ma'ale Shlomo, Ma'ale Tzviya, Bend Ale Trail, Erta Ale Range, Ma'ale Efrayim, Ma'ale Rehav'am, Ale Municipality and Cato's Ale House.
- Ale a.k.a. Aleut Language: Aleut, also known as Unangan, is a language of the Eskimo–Aleut language family. It is the heritage language of the Aleut people living in the Aleutian Islands, Pribilof Islands, and Commander Islands.
- also known as Unanghan, Unangany, Unangan, Aleut
- Ale a.k.a. Nake Language: Nake is a Madang language of Papua New Guinea.
- read more about Nake Language
Phrases with Ale
Phrases starting with the word Ale:
Phrases ending with the word Ale:
- Mild ale
- pale ale
- Real Ale
- Brown ale
- Genus Ale
- Adam's Ale
- ginger ale
- India Pale Ale
- Subspecies Ale
- Nani Wai`ale`ale
- Nani Wai'ale'ale
- English Strong Ale
Other phrase containing the word Ale:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ale
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Patrick J. Hurley
premises None exist Ginger ale is a beverage. False ' Therefore, ginger ale is a wine. conclusion [unsound] False All wines are soft drinks. All wines are whiskeys. premises Ginger ale is a wine.
Beer Lover's New England (2016)
Best Breweries, Brewpubs & Beer Bars by Norman Miller
The Scottish Ale is a malty beer, but feels much fuller-bodied than a beer that is only 4.75 percent alcohol by volume (ABV), while the White Mountain Weasel Wheat Ale...
The Through Hiker Double Rye Pale Ale is the biggest of the year- round beers at 7.9 percent ABV.
The Cogsman Ale is an English-style IPA with just ...
by David Shephard Garland, Lucius Polk McGehee, James Cockcroft, Charles Porterfield
Ale is a fermented ' malt liquor,2 and by reason of the fact that it is produced by fermentation and not by distillation it is...
by George Ellis
Mild ale Mild ale is a lightly hopped and therefore less bitter draught beer, usually dark brown in colour. In the UK its popularity has declined in...
by Safa Kasap, Peter Capper
Atomic-Layer Epitaxy ALE is a chemical vapor deposition technique [16.5] where the precise control of the system...
The Educator-journal (1919)
“Adam's ale is a drink that was made early in human history, in the Garden of Eden.” “Adam's ale is the lump in a man's neck.” “A man who looks on the bright side of things is called an optimist, but a – pianist looks on the dark side.
Georgicorum Libriti (1811)
The Georgicks of Virgil by Publi Virgili Maró
Dent ale is the share-beam, a piece of wood to which the share is fixed. But why tlicy arc said to have a double back scorns not to be very clear. The commentators generally agree that by double is meant broad, and quote some authorities for ...
An A-Z of Alcoholic Beverages by Ned Halley
Thomas Hardy's Ale 'The rarest ale in Britain' according to Thomas Hardy formerly Eldridge Pope Brewery of Dorchester, Dorset, England. A botde- conditioned beer with vintage date, made to mature over a long period and to last 'for at least ...
by Thomas Nordegren
Ale 1. Old English ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ale
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ale
Click on an item to view that photo:
It seems to be cool again to drink Ale.
Photo credit: illustir
Photo credit: T'nello
Photo credit: arugatse
- Otter ale
Photo credit: candyschwartz
- Ale stenar
Photo credit: Infomastern
- Mamy &Ale
EPSON scanner image
Photo credit: alby.56
- KOTONE ALE
Katone Ale of Warringah RUFC
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
- Ale stenar
Photo credit: Infomastern
- Ale en Gibraltar
Photo credit: Guerretto
- Ale stenar
Photo credit: Infomastern
- Unusual ale
Photo credit: photoverulam
- Pumpkin Ale Day
Pumpkins staged in buckets for the next batch
Photo credit: Cambridge Brewing Co.
- Ale Trail
Photo credit: rightee
Photo credit: Kynio
- Ale stenar
Photo credit: Infomastern
- Immort Ale
by Dogfish Head. Interesting.
Photo credit: timmarshall
- Bateman's Black Pepper Ale
Ale that you put pepper in!
Not bad actually.
Photo credit: Smabs Sputzer
- Ale transmitiendo
Cigarros de Salva desde la "azotea"
Photo credit: Luis Peniche
- Olney Ale House Interior
This was taken with the camera's fully automatic setting (Scene Intelligent Auto), with the RAW file processed with Adobe Photoshop CS5's ACR, as the out of camera JPEGs are a bit soft due to noise reduction with the default settings.
Overall, pretty good results from the totally automatic "idiot button" and also at 8000 ISO, 1/40 and f/4 while being handheld as well.
Photo credit: RyanCrierie
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ale
Click on an item to play that video:
- Slang - Spitfire Ale
Spitfire Ale presents Armstrong & Miller as the Spitfire pilots in 'Slang'. Come and join us on...
- Ginger ale Meaning
Video shows what ginger ale means. A non-alcoholic drink flavored with ginger, similar to ginger beer.. ginger ale pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Spitfire Ale slang dance Advert
- Mild ale Meaning
Video shows what mild ale means. A relatively low-gravity beer, often with a dark colour.. Mild ale Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Adam's ale Meaning
Video shows what Adam's ale means. Water.. Adam's ale synonyms: Adam's wine. Adam's ale Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Ale Meaning
Video shows what ale means. An intoxicating liquor made from an infusion of malt by fermentation and the addition of a bitter, usually hops.. A festival in English ...
- English strong ale Meaning
Video shows what English strong ale means. An ale brewed to over 5% ABV that uses malt barley. It is brewed in England and also in America.. English strong ...
- Ale's dialect
- Best~Status of Sayyad syed~Ale Muhammad saww Ka Meaning~Ahmad Naqshbandi~By Sawi 2
- Best~Status of Sayyad syed~Ale Muhammad saww Ka Meaning~Ahmad Naqshbandi~By Sawi 1
- Dandande ale esl liberato
Dandande ale esl liberato.mp4.
- Popular Folk Duet Singer Ms. Shila Ale Magar singing in Magar Language in New York City !
Annual Cultural Program and 3rd (Live) Dohori Sanjh 2008.
- Produse preferate ale anului 2015/EFL, KIKO , AVON ,Rimmel London, TOO FACED
1-KIKO -MAKE UP BLENDER...
- Language Evaluator by April Cheng in ALE Ladder Toastmasters
Language Evaluator by April Cheng in ALE Ladder Toastmasters. 101/7/4.
- Description de la chambre- Ale
See also the pronunciation examples of Ale!
Quotes about Ale
Scrabble value of A1L1E1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ale!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ale to see it in context!