On this page:
- Definition of the noun aleph
- Phrases with Aleph
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aleph
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aleph
- Photos about Aleph
- Video language resources about Aleph
- Scrabble value of A1L1E1P3H4
- Anagrams of ALEPH
- Share this page
Definition of the noun aleph
What does aleph mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: alephs
- the 1st letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: alphabetic character / letter / letter of the alphabet = the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- member of: Hebraic alphabet / Hebrew alphabet / Hebrew script = a Semitic alphabet used since the 5th century BC for writing the Hebrew language
Alternative definition of the noun aleph
- The first letter of the Proto-Canaanite alphabet, continued in descended Semitic alphabets as Phoenician Aleph [term,
- synonym: alif (especially of Arabic alif)
Who is Aleph?
Aleph a.k.a. Zend Avesta: Arnaud Rebotini is a film score composer.
- read more about Zend Avesta
- Aleph is a 1980s Italo disco band, featuring the vocals of Dave Rodgers. The other members of the group were Donato Bellini and Marco Manzi. They achieved a fair amount of success with the single "Fly To Me" in 1985, which reached the Top Ten in several countries. They released two LPs, "Black Out" in 1988 and "Take My Life" in 1989, both originally released on Time Records. The group later released three songs in the late 1990s.
- album: "Black Out"
- Aleph is a musical group.
- album: "Seven Steps of Stone"
- Aleph is a musical group.
- album: "Surface Tension"
- "Aleph" is a book written by Paulo Coelho.
- also known as O aleph
- language: Portuguese Language
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Aleph" is a book by Storm Constantine.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1991-06
- "Aleph" is a musical album of Gesaffelstein.
- released on
- "Aleph" is a musical EP of Access to Arasaka.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Aleph" is a musical EP of Aemic.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Aleph" is a musical album of Terry Riley.
- released on
- "Aleph" is a musical album of "????".
Aleph, DOT, or 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylthioamphetamine, is a psychedelic hallucinogenic drug and a substituted amphetamine of the phenethylamine class of compounds, which can be used as an entheogen. It was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. In his book PiHKAL, Shulgin lists the dosage range as 5–10 mg. According to Shulgin, the effects of aleph typically last for 6 to 8 hours.
- also known as الف, Alef
Phrases with Aleph
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aleph
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Abraham Lopian, Julie Snyder
The Hidden Aleph is an extremely important facet of the Godliness. The Hidden Aleph is the creative force that runs throughout all creations and each and every possible dimension. The space in the Hebrew letter that is “Kof” reflects the ...
Narrative Space and Time (2014)
Representing Impossible Topologies in Literature by Elana Gomel
The Aleph is an inspiration for Daneri's long poem, which is supposed “to set to verse the entire face ofthe planet”—a...
The Prophetic Telegraph (2015)
by Arthur Eedle
Aleph is an ox, the symbol of strength, Tau is the sign of a cross, the symbol of weakness. There is therefore a sermon contained within these two letters. Here it is in a nutshell - "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, ...
by Darren Kelley
As a prefix, Aleph means to separate, depart as seen in the words absorb, avert, abstain, abstract. As a suffix, the masculine is turned...
The Island of Knowledge (2014)
The Limits of Science and the Search for Meaning by Marcelo Gleiser
is called “aleph-0.” Aleph is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet and has the cabalistic interpretation of connecting heaven and 93 12. Splitting Infinities.
by John Harris, Jeffry L. Hirst, Michael Mossinghoff
William Gibson, Mona Lisa Overdrive For Gibson, an aleph is a huge biochip of virtually infinite storage capacity. For a linguist, aleph is א, the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. For a set theorist, an aleph is a cardinal number. Saying that there ...
Old and New (1871)
by Edward Everett Hale
The aleph is an A turned on its side; the beth is only the Hebrew letter poised diagonally; the daleth is the Greek delta ...
Mnemotechny for the Million (1858)
Or, How to Remember Chronology, Necrology, Latitude & Longitude, Heights, Distances, Specific Gravities, &c., &c., on the Basis of F. F. Gouraud by Edwin H. Hawley, Francis Fauvel-Gouraud
Aleph is the first Hebrew letter, as homely as the ' HEAD ofa WOLF on a POKER.
Over 3000 Entries on the World of Magical Formulas, Secret Symbols and the Occult by Nevill Drury
Alef See Aleph. Alembic In alchemy, the beaked vessel used as the upper part of the distillation apparatus. The beak of the alembic carried vapours through to a receiving vessel in which they were condensed. See also Beak; Head; Helmet; ...
Encyclopedia of Earth Myths (2005)
An Insider's A-Z Guide to Mythic People, Places, Objects, and Events Central to the Earth's Visionary Geography by Richard Leviton
concept: It means the Aleph (A) immersed in the blood (DAM). Third, there were two Adams because humanity has been generated twice: The first Adam did in fact marry Lilith, one of the Edomites (see Kings of Edom) later removed or aborted ...
Facts, Figures, and People by Jeanne Bendick
adjacent sides aleph null adjacent sides. Sides of a polygon that have a common endpoint, or vertex. In rectangle ABCD, side AB is adjacent to side BC. adjoining. Touching, or having a common point, as adjoining triangles. ADJOINING ...
by TruthBeTold Ministry, Robert Jamieson, Andrew Robert Fausset, David Brown
Codex Sinaiticus ('aleph) puts Hebrew f after 2 Thessalonians, Acts after Philemonf, the universal (general) epistles f after Paulf's letters and the bookf of Acts. OLDEST MANUSCRIPTS. ' aleph ...
Calmet's Dictionary of the Bible. Abridged, modernized, and re-edited according to the most recent Biblical researches. By Theodore Alois Buckley ... The sixth thousand (1856)
by Augustin Calmet, Theodore Alois William BUCKLEY
ALEPH, the name of the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet, whence the Alpha of the Syrians and Greeks is derived. As a word, Alpha signifies chief, prince,_or thousand, expressing, as it were, a leading number. Certain psalms, and other parts ...
by Binh Nguyen
html alcovebook−sgml ALDC ALE ALE ALE ALE ALEC aleph Alcove customisation of the DocBook DTD and stylesheets This includes the AlcoveBook DTD ...
by Claude Sammut, Geoffrey I. Webb
Aleph was used to learn rules from a subset of the data (about , patients). Each patient had a record of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aleph
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aleph
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aleph
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aleph Meaning
Video shows what aleph means. The first letter of the Proto-Canaanite alphabet, and its descendants in descended Semitic scripts, such as Phoenician Aleph ...
- The Meaning of the Small Aleph: Rabbi Kogan on Parsha Vayikra
Rabbi Manes Kogan of Hillcrest Jewish Center on Parsha Vayikra: Leviticus 1:1 - 5:26, March 16, 2013 - 5 Nisan 5773.
- Ulpan Aleph lesson 3 vocabulary
Here are the week's vocabulary words in Hebrew and English.
- Shmuel Aleph Demo Course - Description
- Chabat Noun Aleph
- Brakhot Noun Aleph
- Nidah Noun Aleph
View more videos about Aleph number.
Scrabble value of A1L1E1P3H4
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALEPH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aleph!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aleph to see it in context!