On this page:
- Definition of the noun algerian
- Definition of the adjective algerian
- Phrases with Algerian
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algerian
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algerian
- Photos about Algerian
- Videos about Algerian
- Sign language
- Quotes about Algerian
- Scrabble value of A1L1G2E1R1I1A1N1
- Anagrams of ALGERIAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun algerian
What does algerian mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Algerians
- a native or inhabitant of Algeria
Definition of the adjective algerian
What does algerian mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to or characteristic of Algeria or its inhabitants
- example: Algerian towns
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Alternative definition of the adjective algerian
- Of, from, or pertaining to Algeria or the Algerian people.
Algerian a.k.a. Algeria, officially People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, is a country in the Maghreb region of North Africa on the Mediterranean coast. Its capital and most populous city is Algiers. With a total area of 2,381,741 square kilometres, 90% of which is desert, Algeria is the tenth-largest country in the world, and the largest in Africa and in the Mediterranean. The country is bordered in the northeast by Tunisia, in the east by Libya, in the west by Morocco, in the southwest by Western Sahara, Mauritania, and Mali, in the southeast by Niger, and in the north by the Mediterranean Sea.
- also known as People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, Algerie, Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria
- founded in (54 years ago)
- part of Africa, Greater Maghreb, Arab world, Maghreb, Mahgrib
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- Algerian capital / Algiers = an ancient port on the Mediterranean
- Annaba = a port city of northeastern Algeria near the Tunisian border
- Batna = a town in north central Algeria
- Blida = a city in northern Algeria at the foot of the Atlas Mountains to the southwest of Algiers
- Oran = a port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city
- Constantine = a walled city in northeastern Algeria to the east of Algiers
- Djanet = a desert town in southeastern Algeria
- Hippo Regius / Hippo = an ancient Numidian town in northwestern Africa adjoining present-day Annaba in northeastern Algeria
- Reggane = a town in central Algeria
- Timgad = an ancient town founded by the Romans
- Timimoun = a town in central Algeria in the Atlas Mountains
- Atlas Mountains = a mountain range in northern Africa between the Mediterranean and the Sahara Desert
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- member: Algerian = a native or inhabitant of Algeria
- read more about Algeria (country)
Algerian is a unique and difficult solitaire game using two decks of playing cards. The object of the game is to build 8 Foundations down from King to Ace or up from Ace to King in suit.
- genre: Card game
- Algerian a.k.a. Algerian Arabic is a variety of Arabic spoken across much of Algeria. Like other varieties of Maghrebi Arabic, as elsewhere, spoken Arabic differs from written Arabic; Algerian Arabic has a vocabulary mostly Arabic with significant Berber language substrates, and numerous loanwords from French and Spanish.
- read more about Algerian Arabic
- Algerian is a decorative serif digital font family, a knock off of the Keystone Foundry's nineteenth-century face Glyphic. The design for the typeface is owned by Linotype, while the name 'Algerian' is a trademark of the International Typeface Corporation. Algerian comes in two styles: 'Algerian' and 'Algerian Condensed'.
- Algerian is an ethnicity.
Phrases with Algerian
- Algerian Ivy
- algerian dinar
- Algerian Arabic
- Algerian Gerbil
- algerian capital
- algerian centime
- Algerian Nuthatch
- Algerian Sea Lavender
- algerian monetary unit
- Algerian Sign Language
- Algerian Saharan Arabic
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Algerian
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Phillip C. Naylor
The Algerian aspiration for a renewed privileged relationship was dashed by French support of Morocco and Mauritania regarding the decolonization of Western Sahara. Other chronic problems involved trade deficits and the vulnerable ...
Dictionary of Wars (2013)
by George Childs Kohn
Algerian Civil War of 1992c Divisions between Islamic fundamentalists and secular and moderately religious Algerians erupted into an unprecedented reign of terror when Algeria«s military-backed government cancelled parliamentary ...
by Oliver Leaman
Mohamed Benayat—born in Algeria in 1944,of Algerian ...
Encyclopedia of Linguistics (2013)
by Philipp Strazny
Even though the Algerian dialect is a variant of Arabic, its vocabulary differs considerably from Modern Standard Arabic. Many words originate from sources other than Modern Standard Arabic, such as Turkish, Spanish, Italian, and most of all ...
by David Seddon
Algerian political party, established in 1963 and revived in 1989. The FFS is led by Hocine Aït...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Algerian
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Algerian
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Algerian Tea
Paronychia argentea. Els Poblets, Alicante, Spain.
Photo credit: treegrow
- Rocky Algerian Beach
Photo credit: Toufik Medjahed
- Algerian couple, Guelma - Algeria.
Photo credit: Toufik Medjahed
- Algerian woman's outdoor costume
Photo credit: Boston Public Library
- Su-30MKA, Algerian Air Force.
Photo credit: kadirou.boualamou
- Weeping Algerian Fir
Abies numidica 'Pendula'Weeping Algerian Fir
Photo credit: F. D. Richards
- Algerian Beggar, Algiers
Creator: Harry Pollard
Title: Algerian Beggar, Algiers
Extent: 12x17 cm
Photo credit: Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, UofT
- Algerian Coffee Stores
You can smell the coffee from here :)
52 Old Compton Street, London W1
Photo credit: Feltbug
- Algerian man.
Digital ID: 418036. Sherman, Augustus F. (Augustus Francis) -- Photographer. [ca. 1906-1914]
Source: William Williams papers / Photographs of immigrants (more info)
Repository: The New York Public Library. Manuscripts and Archives Division.
See more information about this image and others at NYPL Digital Gallery.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Algerian
Click on an item to play that video:
- Algerian Meaning
Video shows what Algerian means. A person from Algeria or of Algerian descent.. Algerian pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary.
- Norman speaks algerian language
- SELIGER 2011 Radio Promotion ( Algerian Language )
- Pragmatic Data and EFL Algerian Textbooks P. 1/2 mp4
- South Algerian EFL Learners' Errors
- ALGERIAN FLAG with Assembly language
See also the pronunciation examples of Algerian!
Algerian Sign Language Meaning
Video shows what Algerian Sign Language means. A sign language used in Algeria.. Algerian Sign Language Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
Quotes about Algerian
A friend is someone who shares your happiness and your pains
more quotes about algerian...
Scrabble value of A1L1G2E1R1I1A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALGERIAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Algerian!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Algerian to see it in context!