On this page:
- Definition of the adjective alike
- Definition of the adverb alike
- Phrases with Alike
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alike
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alike
- Photos about Alike
- Videos about Alike
- Quotes about Alike
- Scrabble value of A1L1I1K5E1
- Anagrams of ALIKE
- Share this page
The word alike is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective alike
What does alike mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more alike / most alike
- having the same or similar characteristics
- examples: all politicians are alike | they looked utterly alike | friends are generally alike in background and taste
- adjective position: predicative adjective (it occurs after a verb that follows the noun)
- synonyms of alike: like / similar
- antonym of alike: unalike
- attribute: similitude / alikeness / likeness = similarity in appearance or character or nature between persons or things
Definition of the adverb alike
What does alike mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- example: parents and teachers alike demanded reforms
- synonym of alike: likewise
- in a like manner
- example: they walk alike
Alternative definition of the adverb alike
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- Alike or Aalike is a village in Bantwal taluk of Dakshina Kannada district. There is a public health centre run by the government of Karnataka. The languages spoken are Tulu, Kannada, Beary, Urdu, and Konkani.
- part of India
- ALIKE is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as ALIKE waypoint, waypoint ALIKE, ALIKE fix, fix ALIKE
- Alike is a fictional character from the 2011 film Pariah.
- Alike is a fictional character from the 2009 film Crossing Over.
Phrases with Alike
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alike
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Treasury of Knowledge and Library of Reference: pt. I. A compendious English grammar by Goold Brown. English dictionary ed. by Lyman Cobb, 6th ed. pt. II. The new universal gazetteer by Edwin Williams, 7th ed. pt. III. An epitome of chronology and history, with an appendix; a compendious classical dictionary; and a dictionary of law terms...by a gentleman of the New York bar...6th ed (1836)
—Words differently spelled and defined, but pronounced exactly alike PART II. —Words differently spelled and defined, but PART III.-Words spelled alike, but differently pronounced and define PART IV.-Words spelled and pronounced alike , ...
Over 600 Favorite Circle Time Activities Created by Teachers for Teachers by Kathy Charner
Alike. and. Different .5+. Materials. needed. The Three Bears (traditional story) The Three Bears (modern version) Chart...
A Dictionary of Scientific Terms, Pronunciation, Derivation, and Definition of Terms in Biology, Botony, Zoology, Anatomy, Cyctology, Embroyology, Physiology (1920)
by Isabella Ferguson Henderson, William Dawson Henderson
homos, alike ; axon, axis.] Built up around equal axes (zool.). homaxonic, — homaxon. homeokinesis (hSm'eökïnë'sls) //. [Gk. homoios, same ; hinein, to move .] Mitosis with an equal division of the chromatinic elements to the daughter ...
homos, alike; axon, axis.] Built up around equal axes (zool.) homaxonic,- homaxon. homeokinesís (höm'ëökinë'sïs) n. [Gk. homoios, same; hinein, to move. ] Mitosis with an equal division of the chromatinic elements to the daughter nuclei ...
by Harold T. Clifford, Peter D. Bostock
Belgian botanist Homeoplitis See Homoplitis homochlamys Gk homos, alike; chlamys, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alike
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alike
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ilya
Photo credit: russellstreet
Photo credit: m.thunderkit
Heirloom tomato and fuji apple.
Photo credit: quinn.anya
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton
Photo credit: fearthekumquat
Photo credit: ClearFrost
Photo credit: @jbtaylor
Photo credit: SWARE.
Photo credit: meandmybadself
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Alike
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Alike!
Quotes about Alike
Variability is the law of life, and as no two faces are the same, so no two bodies are alike, and no two individuals react alike and behave alike under the abnormal conditions which we know as disease. (William Osler)
more quotes about alike...
Scrabble value of A1L1I1K5E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALIKE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alike!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alike to see it in context!