On this page:
Definition of the noun alkali metal
What does alkali metal mean as a name of something?
- any of the monovalent metals of group I of the periodic table (lithium or sodium or potassium or rubidium or cesium or francium)
- example: the hydroxides of the alkali metals are strongly alkaline
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of alkali metal: alkaline metal
- more generic terms: metal / metallic element = any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alkali metal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. L. Atwood, Jonathan W. Steed
Alkali Metal Cations in Biochemistry 4jtmpfailk intHTBotiiiiK / Ataoaif J-ngung Lditordv J furnaadez, Lnpez-tk- LKSuriaga.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alkali metal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Alkali metal
Alkali metal Meaning
Video shows what alkali metal means. Any of the soft, light, reactive metals of Group 1 of the periodic table, lithium, sodium, potassium, rubidium, cesium, and ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Alkali metal!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alkali metal to see it in context!