On this page:
- Definition of the adjective All-star
- Definition of the noun All-star
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All-star
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All-star
- Photos about All-star
- Video language resources about All-star
- Quotes about All-star
- Anagrams of ALL-STAR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective All-star
What does All-star mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more all-star / most all-star
- Of which all members or participants are celebrities.
Definition of the noun All-star
What does All-star mean as a name of something?
- [sports] Being on a team of star players.
Specialised definition of the noun All-star
Glossary of sports
made up of very famous and talented performers or players; US a member of an all-star team (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
Glossary of sports / baseball
a player chosen to represent his league in the All-Star game (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
- "All-star" a.k.a. "All Star" is a song by American pop rock band Smash Mouth. It was released on May 4, 1999 as the second single from their album Astro Lounge, and is one of the group's most successful songs.
- "All-Star": AllStar, sometimes referred as La Secta AllStar is the second album released by the Puerto Rican rock band of the same name. The album was released independently in 2001 and featured the hit songs "Dame lo Que Quieras", "Asesino", "Eso es Vivir", and others.
- also known as AllStar
- genre: Rock en español
- released on (14 years ago)
- "All-star" a.k.a. "All Star" is a musical single of Smash Mouth.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "All-star" a.k.a. "All Star" is a musical single of Ty Dolla Sign.
- released on (4 years ago)
- All-star a.k.a. All Star is a music video.
All-star is a term designating an individual as having a high level of performance in their field. Originating in sports, it has since drifted into vernacular and been borrowed heavily by the entertainment industry. It can also be used for a group of individuals, who are popular in certain areas.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All-star
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joe Giglio
An All-Star is an exceptional player from that particular season. assist last pass to a teammate that leads directly to a shot being made backcourt area located farthest from the basket, anywhere from 10 to 25 feet. It is also called the perimeter.
by Anthony Slide
ALL-STAR FEATURE COMPANY, incorporated in Albany, New York, in 1913, had Harry Raver as its president, Archibald Selwyn as vice president, and Augustus Thomas as director-general. Its first production was Arizona, a six-reel feature ...
by David J. Bodenhamer, Robert G. Barrows
DALE OGDEN Indiana State Museum Basketball, Professional All-Star Games. Indianapolis has hosted three professional basketball All-Star ...
by Gary Gillette, Pete Palmer
The All-Star Game was bom in 1933, initially conceived as a one-time event to bring sports fans to Chicago's Century of Progress Exposition. Arch Ward, the sports editor of the Chicago Tribune, thought up the idea of "the game of the century.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All-star
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about All-star
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about All-star
Click on an item to play that video:
- All-Star Game Explanation After Leaving Prime U
- 2015 Playmaker Basketball All-Star Game (Dir. by Holla Definition)
Playmaker Basketball Academy 2015 Middle School All-Star Game. Held at Clarksville High School (Clarksville, Tennessee) Directed by Holla Definition ...
- Bumgarner on All-Star game meaning
Madison Bumgarner spoke on the importance of the All-Star game and homefield advantage...
- All-star Meaning
Video shows what all-star means. Of which all members or participants are celebrities.. All-star Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Ozzie Smith Discusses Meaning of All-Star Game
- EFL All-Star Mike Bolio at End Results
Mike Bolio Summer Training for EFL 2011.
See also the pronunciation examples of All-star!
Quotes about All-star
Anagrams of ALL-STAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of All-star!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of All-star to see it in context!