On this page:
- Definition of the noun allemande
- Phrases with Allemande
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allemande
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allemande
- Photos about Allemande
- Video language resources about Allemande
- Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1M3A1N1D2E1
- Anagrams of ALLEMANDE
- Share this page
Definition of the noun allemande
What does allemande mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- allemande: allemandes
- Allemande: Allemandes
- egg-thickened veloute
Alternative definition of the noun allemande
- A popular instrumental dance form in Baroque music, and a standard element of a suite, generally the first or second movement.
Who is Allemande?
Allemande is a film producer.
- profession: Film producer
- film produced: Ingrid – Die Geschichte eines Fotomodells
- Allemande: An allemande is one of the most popular instrumental dance forms in Baroque music, and a standard element of a suite. Originally, the allemande formed the first movement of the suite, before the courante, but, later, it was often preceded by an introductory movement, such as a prelude.
- Allemande is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Allemande
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allemande
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Desk Reference for the Curious Mind by New York Times
Allemande As derived from German and Swiss peasant dance, the allemande is a dance in 4/4 or duple time ...
by Thomas Donahue
The term allemande is the French word for “German.” Genre terms such as “ allemande” are not italicized. An example of suspending a rule for a particular reason may be seen in section 7.4. There the question of plurals of non-English terms is ...
The Cello Suites (2011)
J. S. Bach, Pablo Casals, and the Search for a Baroque Masterpiece by Eric Siblin
ALLEMANDE. Now the allemande is a broken, serious, and well- constructed harmony, which is the image of a content or satisfied spirit, which enjoys good order and calm. , ...
by Myles H. Bader
ALLEMANDE. A thick sauce made from meat stock with egg yolks and lemon juice. ALLIGATOR. Don't be surprised when you sit down at that upscale restaurant and see alligator steak on the menu. This is a...
BADER ALLEMANDE ...
(A.D. 1450-1889) by Sir George Grove, John Alexander Fuller-Maitland
ALLEMANDE. 1. One of the movements of the Suite, and, ...
by Edward Dickinson, George Whitfield Andrews, Arthur Foote, Janet M. Green, Emil Liebling, Josephine Thrall
In old French dance suites it took second place, and followed the allemande.
by Charles Gordon Sinclair
A large sardine allemande (Frl The term applied to dishes garnished with German specialities such as sauerkraut,
garnished with noodles and mashed potatoes allemande, sauce (En & Frl fem. white veloute sauce thickened with egg ...
by Rodney Dale
allemande, a la Allgauer Bergkase alliance alligator aUodola alloro allspice alhimettes Almacks preserve almaleves almninaita« alma« palacsinta almeja almejas a la marinera almejon almendra almfbar almoco •hnnnd almond essence ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allemande
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allemande
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Allemande
Click on an item to play that video:
- Allemande Meaning
Video shows what allemande means. A popular instrumental dance form in Baroque music, and a standard element of a suite, generally the first or second ...
- GHANTHO Music Dictionary ALLEMANDE Klasic Music Play Alyas Hanna nr 429
- GHANTHO.Music Dictionary ALLEMANDE Klasic music play Alyas Hanna nr 428
Ghantho Klasic Music Play Alias Hanna nr 428.
View more videos about Allemande Left.
Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1M3A1N1D2E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALLEMANDE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Allemande!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Allemande to find many related words and phrases!