On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun alligatorfish
What does alligatorfish mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: alligatorfish
- small very elongate sea poachers
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Aspidophoroides bartoni / species Aspidophoroides bartoni / Aspidophoroides borealis / species Aspidophoroides borealis / Aspidophoroides groenlandicus / species Aspidophoroides groenlandicus / Aspidophoroides tranquebar / species Aspidophoroides tranquebar / Cottus indicus / species Cottus indicus / Cottus monopterygius / species Cottus monopterygius / Aspidophoroides monopterygius
- more generic terms: poacher / sea poacher / sea poker = small slender fish (to 8 inches) with body covered by bony plates
- member of: Aspidophoroides / genus Aspidophoroides = alligatorfishes
- geographic area: Western Atlantic Ocean
Phrases with alligatorfish
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for alligatorfish
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1L1L1I1G2A1T1O1R1F4I1S1H4
The value of this 13-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of alligatorfish to find many related words and phrases!