Almanac appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- The almanac can am laeht.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun almanac
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Almanac
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almanac
- Photos about Almanac
- Video language resources about Almanac
- Quotes about Almanac
- Scrabble value of A1L1M3A1N1A1C3
- Anagrams of ALMANAC
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun almanac
What does almanac mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: almanacs
- an annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year
- an annual publication containing tabular information in a particular field or fields arranged according to the calendar of a given year
Alternative definition of the noun almanac
- [astronomy, navigation] A book or table listing nautical, astronomical, astrological or other events for the year; sometimes, but not essentially, containing historical and statistical information.
Almanac was a free jazz project whose members were Bennie Maupin, Cecil McBee, Mike Nock and Eddie Marshall.
- "Almanac" is the seventh album by the Des Moines, IA band The Nadas. Each song was written, recorded, and released one month at a time during the year 2009. The process of creating each song was also streamed on the band's website.
- genre: Folk rock
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Almanac" is a musical album of Emily Barker & The Red Clay Halo.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Almanac" is a musical album of Widowspeak.
- released on
- "Almanac" is a musical album of Dragon Turtle.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Almanac" is a musical album of Mike Nock.
- released in (49 years ago)
- "Almanac" is a composition.
- music by Gigi Masin
- "Almanac" is a song by Volcano Choir.
- "Almanac" a.k.a. "Almanac Live 2004": Almanac is a 2004 live album by the group They Might Be Giants. The album is composed of songs performed by the band over the course of their 2004 tour. It is only available on their band-operated music downloading website.
- read more about Almanac Live 2004
- The Almanac is a weekly newspaper in the South Hills region of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and northern Washington County, Pennsylvania. It is published by the Observer Publishing Company of McMurray, Pennsylvania. Its cover price is 50 cents, though it is delivered free of charge to most houses in its area.
- official website: www.thealmanac.net
- Almanac is a weekly public affairs television program produced by Twin Cities Public Television in Saint Paul, Minnesota and distributed to other channels around the state via the Minnesota Public Television Association. It has aired weekly on Friday nights since December 7, 1984.
- begun on (31 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- Almanac was a Canadian documentary television series which aired on CBC Television in 1961.
- begun on and completed on (54 years ago)
- country: Canada
- ALMANAC is the name of a major breast cancer trial. The acronym stands for "Axillary Lymphatic Mapping Against Nodal Axillary Clearance." This major randomized trial performed in several centres in the UK produced clear evidence that sentinel node biopsy, used to stage axillary spread of disease, can be used with low failed localization and false negative rates, provided both radioisotope and blue dye are used to locate the sentinel nodes.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Almanac
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Howling for Justice (2014)
New Perspectives on Leslie Marmon Silko’s Almanac of the Dead by Rebecca Tillett
Almanac is a radically pioneering novel that overturns the gothic genre, instead offering a literary gothic that is more akin to Silko's Laguna traditions of storytelling, whose primary impetus is the knitting together of readers within a ...
Tools and Tips by Ann Marlow Riedling, Loretta Shake, Cynthia Houston
An almanac is a resource that provides useful data and statistics related to countries, personalities, events, and subjects.
THE COUGAR ALMANAC is a thorough study of one of the most misunderstood of all the big cats also known as pumas, mountain lions, and panthers. Cougars are not only one of the last of North America's large predators, but also, with the ...
Fundamental Documents, Symbols, and Anthems of the United States
The Citizen’s Almanac is a publication developed for new citizens.
by Matthew Bunson
One of the most consistently striking and remarkable facets of the Catholic Almanac is the way that it presents the Church throughout the world. It is possible , for example, to note quickly how many Cardinals there are in service at the moment, ...
Mediene Remnants (2009)
Yiddish Sources in the Netherlands Outside of Amsterdam by R. T. Van Luit, Tehilah Van Luit
The almanac is the d'Erven Stichters Comptoir Almanach op het SchrikkelJaar onses Heeren Jesu Christi, MDCCXXXVI. Voorzien met alle de Jaar, Paarden, Beesten, en Leer-markten. Alsmede de Vacantien, het varen der Trek-schuyten en ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
ENCYCLOPÆDIA BRITANNICA ALMANAC 2010 Britannica.com may be accessed on the Internet at http://www. britannica.com.
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1888)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
The earliest almanac regarding which Lalande (whose Bibliographie Aetronomique, Paris, 1 803, is the best authority on publications of this kind) could obtain any definite information belongs to the 12th century. Manuscript almanacs of ...
The Popular Encyclopedia (1836)
Being a General Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature, Biography, History, and Political Economy, Reprinted from the American Edition of the 'Conversations Lexicon' ... with Dissertations on the Rise and Progress of Literature by Sir Daniel Keyte Sandford, Thomas Thomson, Allan Cunningham
The first almanac at Constantinople is said to have been ...
by Steven R. Serafin, Alfred Bendixen
The earliest almanac known to have been produced in English in the new world was compiled in 1638 and was to be the first printing of the press at Harvard College: An Almanac for New England for the Year 1639. Attributed to "William ...
American almanac writer A social critic, inventor, almanac compiler, astronomer, mathematician, and poet, Benjamin Banneker was, like Phillis Wheatley and Olaudah Equiano, living evidence to debunk prevailing 18thcentury ethnic ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
Narcotics Anonymous; National Academician; National Academy; National Airlines; National Archives; National Association; Native American; Nautical Almanac; Naval Academy; ...
by Robert S. Igoe
The Almanac of the Canning, Freezing, Preserving Industries 7th ed. Volume 2. Westminster, MD: Edward E. Judge & Sons. Anonymous. 1993. Diet and Cancer, 2nd ed. New York: American Council On Science and Health Inc. Anonymous.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almanac
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Almanac
Click on an item to view that photo:
Dad opening the Almanac
Photo credit: Mini D
- Evolve - Almanac
Photo credit: NCVO
- Rothmans Test Cricket Almanac 1962-63 series
Photo credit: Aussie~mobs
- Almanac in a soap box
Houghton Library, Harvard University
Photo credit: Catablogger
- Yard Sale Find: 1971 Almanac
Photo credit: brownpau
- Midwife's Almanac
Photo credit: juliejordanscott
- Grays Sports Almanac
Grays Sports Almanac from Back to the Future, from Mike Mozart's Collection
Photo credit: JeepersMedia
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Almanac
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Almanac!
Quotes about Almanac
Scrabble value of A1L1M3A1N1A1C3
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALMANAC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Almanac!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Almanac to see it in context!