On this page:
- Almas a.k.a. Almaș is a commune in Arad County, Romania. Situated in the Gurahonț Basin, in the left valley of the Crişul Alb River, the commune is composed of four villages: Almaș, Cil, Joia Mare and Rădești. Its total administrative territory is 8127 ha.
- also known as Almas, Arad
- part of Romania
- Almas is a municipality located in the Brazilian state of Tocantins. Its population was 8,989 and its area is 4,021 km².
- ALMAS is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as ALMAS waypoint, ALMAS fix, fix ALMAS, waypoint ALMAS
There are other places with in their name, like Cruz das Almas.
Who is Almas?
Almas a.k.a. Baby Almas is an actor.
- read more about Baby Almas (actress)
- The Almas, Mongolian for "wild man", is a purported hominid cryptozoological species reputed to inhabit the Caucasus and Pamir Mountains of central Asia, and the Altai Mountains of southern Mongolia.
- also known as Almasty
- Almas a.k.a. Almaš was an ethnic Serb village in Bačka. It existed until the first half of the 18th century. The village was located on Almaška bara, between Temerin, Nadalj, and Gospođinci.
Phrases with Almas
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Almas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
New and Classical Themes in Rural Sociological Research by Alessandro Bonanno
Reidar Almas is a professor of rural sociology and regional development and the Director of the Centre for Rural Research at the University of Trondheim, Trondheim, Norway. Loka Ashwood is a doctoral candidate in the Department of ...
Arab Roots of Gemology (1998)
Ahmad Ibn Yusuf Al Tifaschi's Best Thoughts on the Best of Stones by Aḥmad ibn Yūsuf Tīfāshī, Samar Najm Abul Huda
DIAMOND is called Almas in Arabic. It is generally accepted that the name is derived from the Greek Adamas, which means unconquerable (note the similarity between the two words). But could "al Mas" for Arabic have preceded "Adamas" for ...
Modern Folklore (2015)
by Robert B Durham
Almas is a singular word in Mongolian; the properly formed Turkic plural would be 'almaslar';.* As is typical of similar legendary creatures throughout Central Asia, Russia, Pakistan and the Caucasus, the Almas is generally considered to be ...
by Abraham Rees
Almas is a small place, giving name to the adjacent country in the ...
With Their Synonymes in Various Languages by Alexander Faulkner
Almas; Port. Diamante ; Rus. Almas ; S11. Diamante. A crystallised mineral, which, on account of its lustre and hardness, is reckoned the most valuable of all gems. It occurs generally in single or unattached crystals, sometimes with plain, but ...
by Theresa Bane
The almas is said to live in the uppermost parts of high mountain ranges, such as in the Altai, Pamir, and Tien Shan peaks. Although alleged sightings of this creature are very rare it has been depicted in old manuscripts and is shown as ...
example,27 AlMAS NMR spectra havebeen extensively used to inspectthe structuralcharacter ofthealuminium species in zeolites. One of the most important applications yields the stateof aluminium, shows the transformationofthe zeolite ...
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
ALMANDINE—ALMAS. Equally celebrated is the Berlin Ephemeris, long under the superintendence of Prof. Encke. Another kind of A., very numerous in Germany, France, and Britain, belongs rather to the class of Annuals, in the interest of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Almas
Muelle de las Almas
Canon A1 film 35mm Kodak Ektar 100
Canon FD 24mm f2.8 Lens
Photo credit: breatheoutnow
Scrabble value of A1L1M3A1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALMAS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Almas!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Almas to see it in context!